Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't believe my friend cares about me. She is frequently rude and insulting and swears at me. I told her about some personal problems and she was shocked and apparently "worried" but she didn't call or query about me afterwards. I always help her out when she has problems yet when I tell her mine she doesn't help. And for anyone who thinks she is giving me some space to deal with problems. It has been a while and she didn't enquire about me afterwards. I think the things I told her may have made her not want to be my friend anymore. Can someone help-does this sound like a friend :confused:

Your response doesn't even have to be long. FRIEND/NOT FRIEND will do but I would appreciate it if you wrote why you think she is/isn't my friend

A friend should be supportive. This doesn't sound like a friend, sorry. PM me if you want to talk further

ReputationRep:
    A friend should be supportive. This doesn't sound like a friend, sorry. PM me if you want to talk further

ReputationRep:
    Are you the same person who created the revenge thread?

A friend shouldn't treat you like that so no she's not. Don't let her swear at you, stand up for yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Meh. My friends tell me to kill myself all the time. Your friend sounds very pleasant to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Meh. My friends tell me to kill myself all the time. Your friend sounds very pleasant to me.
    Why are you friends with these people?....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blob :))
    Why are you friends with these people?....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Force of habit.

And I get a free lift to school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Same! I reciprocate this though so it's fine :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Force of habit.

And I get a free lift to school
    If you can then get new friends. Ill be your friend If your a nice person no one deserves to have their friends telling them to 'go and kill themselves' unless they've done something similar.

Is there no other way of transportation you can take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you can then get new friends. Ill be your friend If your a nice person no one deserves to have their friends telling them to 'go and kill themselves' unless they've done something similar.

Is there no other way of transportation you can take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I'm not really a nice person though :P I'm really pedantic.

Doesn't bother me at all to be honest.

The personal problem was pretty deep and hard to tell anyone but I would never of said it had I known that she would respond like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Yeah, I'm not really a nice person though :P I'm really pedantic.

Doesn't bother me at all to be honest.
    Believe it or not I have a few friends who are pedantic... Don't even know how that happened.

Hmm..okay then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not I have a few friends who are pedantic... Don't even know how that happened.

Hmm..okay then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You wouldn't like me, I'm a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    You wouldn't like me, I'm a ****.
    I try to look at the positive side of people. I have a guy friend who was an absolute jerk to people and constantly bullied people including me. Over time, don't ask how because I don't even know, he started flirting, we got to know each other, told him how bullying other people made people feel and he hardly does it now( MASSIVE improvement for him)

The fact that your actually admitting that you're a **** is courageous. If you think you're a **** then have you ever tried to change your behaviour?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I try to look at the positive side of people. I have a guy friend who was an absolute jerk to people and constantly bullied people including me. Over time, don't ask how because I don't even know, he started flirting, we got to know each other, told him how bullying other people made people feel and he hardly does it now( MASSIVE improvement for him)

The fact that your actually admitting that you're a **** is courageous. If you think you're a **** then have you ever tried to change your behaviour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's who I am, I just have to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    It's who I am, I just have to deal with it.
    If you want to stay that way then it's your choice maybe if you stopped being a **** then you'll make friends who won't tell you to go and kill yourself. Changing yourself is possible the choice is yours though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like quite a crap "friend", but the older you get in life, the more you notice your "friends" are self centred. They become a group of acquaintances you hang out with at times and realise that you only have three or four real friends that aren't family in life if you're lucky.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I don't really expect much from the majority of friends. It means that I'm always happy and content with zero disappointment

ReputationRep:
    If you want to stay that way then it's your choice maybe if you stopped being a **** then you'll make friends who won't tell you to go and kill yourself. Changing yourself is possible the choice is yours though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well if I change, it's not really me?

I do try and not be a **** though, I'm actually fine around certain people.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.