Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i ask him what grade he got? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I sort of want to just ask a guy in my class what grade he got in the AS results for this subject we have together. But the thing is, he would be considered the cool popular type and then i would considered the quiet, plain type if you understand! I would just ask on Facebook really

I want to be a bit more sociable and mix with more new people this year, so i would this could be a good way to sort of say that i am up for chatting and i'm a nice person really. But my question - would it make me seem weird and stalkerish to randomly ask him on facebook what grade he got? I don't want that obviously. We rarely talk unless it's just in the class but it's never anything personal.

Help! Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heykiwi)
    I sort of want to just ask a guy in my class what grade he got in the AS results for this subject we have together. But the thing is, he would be considered the cool popular type and then i would considered the quiet, plain type if you understand! I would just ask on Facebook really

I want to be a bit more sociable and mix with more new people this year, so i would this could be a good way to sort of say that i am up for chatting and i'm a nice person really. But my question - would it make me seem weird and stalkerish to randomly ask him on facebook what grade he got? I don't want that obviously. We rarely talk unless it's just in the class but it's never anything personal.

Help! Thanks
    Nah just go for it! If he thinks you're weird for asking a harmless question then that's his problem. Absolutely nothing wrong with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Nah just go for it! If he thinks you're weird for asking a harmless question then that's his problem. Absolutely nothing wrong with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When should i do it? Seriously, i'm so awkward and really over think things.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not weird or stalkerish to ask someone a question

ReputationRep:
    When should i do it? Seriously, i'm so awkward and really over think things.
    Would you rather do it in person? Doing things online can make you more paranoid, whereas in person it's in person and less likely to play on your mind if you can see his body language and reaction.

ReputationRep:
    If you think he did well, ask him!

I do think however that certain people dislike it when you ask them for their grades, especially if they're embarrassed over low grades. Nothing worse than being seen as the results-vulture.

ReputationRep:
    You could say hi, how are you? Tell him how you found your exam and ask him about his opinion. By the way, are you a girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben Kenobi)
    You could say hi, how are you? Tell him how you found your exam and ask him about his opinion. By the way, are you a girl?
    Yes i am a girl :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    Would you rather do it in person? Doing things online can make you more paranoid, whereas in person it's in person and less likely to play on your mind if you can see his body language and reaction.
    I won't see the class or him until we start again in September, i guess i could but i'm more shy in person and i guess i sort of wouldn't mind a convo with him?

ReputationRep:
    Yes i am a girl :P
    anyway, don't worry. just nonchalantly ask him.

ReputationRep:
    Just be like, "Hey, how'd your results go? Everyone apparently found the exam easy/hard/messed it up/whatever." Compliment his grade if he did well, be like, 'oh, I'm sorry' if he didn't do so well. Talk about your grade and tell him your hoping next years exam will be easier haha, make some comment about next year basically. Then unless he continues to convo, end it there. Building friendships takes time. But he won't find you weird for chatting on Facebook.

Carpe Diem!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.