The Student Room Group

do I stand a chance at getting into the university of Birmingham?

I got my AS results on Thursday and got AACE. The E was in history and I'm hoping to do a maths degree so history isn't really important. Plus I'm planning to pick up further maths AS this year, so I should still have 3 A levels and a good AS level.
Will Birmingham just completely refuse me based on the E?
Reply 1
Entry req's is AAA-AAB but mentions no AS level, so you may be able to scrape it. Obviously the C stands out, but its workable with a resit and good predictions. What were your AAC in?

I suggest emailing the maths department to do a quick enquire. However i doubt very much it should be too much of a hindrance (Unless the C was in something like Physics and the other A in something like English).
Original post by MrsRichardson
I got my AS results on Thursday and got AACE. The E was in history and I'm hoping to do a maths degree so history isn't really important. Plus I'm planning to pick up further maths AS this year, so I should still have 3 A levels and a good AS level.
Will Birmingham just completely refuse me based on the E?
Reply 2
I got A's in Maths and Physics and a C in biology which was a shock. I was getting A's in January and in the mocks so I'm going to retake it next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest