Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does my friend avoid answering my questions... Watch

I have asked her things like 'do you want to go out' and she says maybe in person only to say no by text. I asked her what her favourite food was she said undecided then gave like 8 options and said she didn't know which one. I asked her why she was my friend she said it was because she loves me. I said ok but why do you love me and she said 'because I do'. That is nto a reason and seemed liked an easy answer to say. What I mean is she never directly answers my questions and if I ask something she tries to stick to yes/no/ I don't know/ love you. Any reason why she does this?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's shy and can't hold a conversation properly? I know some people who feel quite awkward in one-to-one, face-to-face chats and they'll stumble over words or say something like 'yes, I'd love to go that party' only to realise they're already busy that day.

ReputationRep:
    She fancies you but doesn't want to admit it, you make her dripping wet whenever she's in your presence.

ReputationRep:
    Is this another high school drama?

ReputationRep:
    She's probably just shy and introverted. I'm the same, I don't like to talk too much about myself with others.
    People are just different, some people feel comfortable sharing their feelings and thoughts with others, some don't.

(Original post by Mickey2909)
    Maybe she's shy and can't hold a conversation properly? I know some people who feel quite awkward in one-to-one, face-to-face chats and they'll stumble over words or say something like 'yes, I'd love to go that party' only to realise they're already busy that day.
    No she is definitely and extrovert/not shy. I think she might think abou her response but I want to know why.

(Original post by Santorum)
    She fancies you but doesn't want to admit it, you make her dripping wet whenever she's in your presence.
    we both have boyfriends. We love each other as friends not like that. We have gotten pretty close and I know she doesn't fancy me.
    (Original post by katyness)
    Is this another high school drama?
    what do you mean

(Original post by xbethany)
    She's probably just shy and introverted. I'm the same, I don't like to talk too much about myself with others.
    People are just different, some people feel comfortable sharing their feelings and thoughts with others, some don't.
    She is an extrovert and really outgoing. I hate that she is so vague all the time

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.