Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been confirmed a place at the University of Kent at the Medway campus to do I.T, but the thing is, I'm living at home! Will I miss out on social opportunities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think a social life is what you make of it - if you make an effort to integrate with people living in halls, they will invite you along to various events and you'll be included. I wouldn't fret about it too much.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I chose to move into student accommodation when I only lived 15 minutes away. However it was probably the best decision I have ever made as I got the true university experience and it was sooo much easier to make friends. One of my friends didn't live in our student accommodation last year and I felt like we hardly saw her.
    I don't mean to worry you, as if your a confident person you may find it no problem making friends, etc.
    Though I would definitely consider doing it next semester, year or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyHaycock)
    Hi,

I chose to move into student accommodation when I only lived 15 minutes away. However it was probably the best decision I have ever made as I got the true university experience and it was sooo much easier to make friends. One of my friends didn't live in our student accommodation last year and I felt like we hardly saw her.
    I don't mean to worry you, as if your a confident person you may find it no problem making friends, etc.
    Though I would definitely consider doing it next semester, year or something?

Hiya just wondering cause i will be starting uni at the medway campus this september, what was your experience like there, in terms of social life etc?

ReputationRep:
    You could always just crash at a friends accommodation (once you get to know them lol) - tthat's what my housemate's friend did! She ended staying at ours 3 days a week haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.