Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a PC user and I've never been a fan of using laptops because of the small keyboards, but since I'm going to uni starting this September I thought it would be good to have a personal system where I can install custom fonts and design related software packages since the uni computers won't let you install anything.

I'll be primarily be using this for extensive graphic design work and need it to run Adobe Photoshop CS6 smoothly, but I might do some light video editing and motion graphics so Premiere Pro CS6 and After Effects CS6 as well.

I'll also be using it for obvious things like web browsing, watching movies (1080p HD) and listening to music.

Any recommendations on a laptop? My budget is around £500 but I'm willing to go a bit higher if needed.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T4J)
    I'm a PC user and I've never been a fan of using laptops because of the small keyboards, but since I'm going to uni starting this September I thought it would be good to have a personal system where I can install custom fonts and design related software packages since the uni computers won't let you install anything.

I'll be primarily be using this for extensive graphic design work and need it to run Adobe Photoshop CS6 smoothly, but I might do some light video editing and motion graphics so Premiere Pro CS6 and After Effects CS6 as well.

I'll also be using it for obvious things like web browsing, watching movies (1080p HD) and listening to music.

Any recommendations on a laptop? My budget is around £500 but I'm willing to go a bit higher if needed.

Thanks
    Your budget is very tight to be honest....................especi ally getting a laptop with a good resolution most are HD but are stuck with low resolution. And ideally I would push for a i7, but there none under £500 at the moment which is the major issue.

ReputationRep:
    What would you recommend? I'm willing to go up to £800.

(I don't want a Macbook)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.