The Student Room Group

Really bad problem :(

I live in student accommodation with 1 other person but this person keep inviting all their friends to our place all the time and don't respect me enough to even ask me if I think its okay.

I told him I don't want them around all the time and nothing. I really don't know what I can do about this and Im going to be the one to have to pay the bills with him and for them because they are sponging off our resources.

I feel bad because these are my friends too but not very close but they are sponging and feel like we are being taken advantage of but he don't see it.

THese people have no interest of getting own place early but instead wait until they have to before getting accommodation then piss up the student loan when it comes through.

I don't want to fall out with them but just want them to go elsewhere and do what they gotta do out of my home so I can relax in the comforts of it.

I fear I might have to just say something and risk falling out with them so I can just get on with my own life.

What can I do? :s-smilie: :frown:
Put glass in his food.

Edit: That was a joke, don't actually do it. I can't gauge if you are intelligent or not.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Invite the local bikers around. I'm sure your housemate will give in before you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iNeedHelpPls
I live in student accommodation with 1 other person but this person keep inviting all their friends to our place all the time and don't respect me enough to even ask me if I think its okay.

I told him I don't want them around all the time and nothing. I really don't know what I can do about this and Im going to be the one to have to pay the bills with him and for them because they are sponging off our resources.

I feel bad because these are my friends too but not very close but they are sponging and feel like we are being taken advantage of but he don't see it.

THese people have no interest of getting own place early but instead wait until they have to before getting accommodation then piss up the student loan when it comes through.

I don't want to fall out with them but just want them to go elsewhere and do what they gotta do out of my home so I can relax in the comforts of it.

I fear I might have to just say something and risk falling out with them so I can just get on with my own life.

What can I do? :s-smilie: :frown:

When you say Student Acommodation do you mean halls? If so, the hall staff might be able to help.

If not, have you tried explaining to the people who come over that it's costing you money? Maybe tell them if they're going to be using your stuff so much, they should start helping to pay for it?

The other option is to move out and leave them to it - but I don't know how easy that would be for you.

Quick Reply

Latest