Memory problem Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
im getting abit worried about my short-term memory. I always lose stuff, and forgot where i put it? e.g. i just lost my keys and i actually put it in my games kit :confused: and i have no memory of me physically putting in there even though i did? Anyone suffering from memory-problems already at 16?
suz19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
im getting abit worried about my short-term memory. I always lose stuff, and forgot where i put it? e.g. i just lost my keys and i actually put it in my games kit :confused: and i have no memory of me physically putting in there even though i did? Anyone suffering from memory-problems already at 16?
I do, i always forget to put the actual letter in the envelope before i post a letter. The amount of people I've sent empty envelopes too :rolleyes: But my memory is just generally crap anyway.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have the same probs my memory is terrible. apparently i need to drink more water, but i always forget (haha sigh..)
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
i have the same probs my memory is terrible. apparently i need to drink more water, but i always forget (haha sigh..)
is it true that eating fish gives you better memory?
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There is a reason for not being able to find items like keys. I've heard that you create a mental image of what your are looking for and only look for this but if the object is at a funny angle or upside down you don't notice it.

I'm sure you are too busy concentrating on more important things anyway.

Perhaps you should try always putting things in a certain place - so keys could stay in a coat pocket and go on a certain table at home.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
tuna is supposed to be brain food, i don't know about memory though. fish is mainly good for your joints, skin and hair as far as i know.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well, sometimes my memory is a bit crap, altough i have pi to 115
decimal places permanently engraved in my brain, and a formula to calculate which day Easter falls on for all years up to 2099, (I don't expect to live that long).

I think you just have to exercise it alot, and your memory will be fine, and 'brain food' would also be good.

The 'pressures' of school and modern day life screw it up, not to mention |calculators|, (how many of you have typed into the calcuator 2+2 to find out the answer, while doing a really complicated maths problem. Just me, well then this post will be edited pretty soon )
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I take cod liver oil every day (I know, I feel like an elderly woman!) but I'm sure I've noticed a positive difference since I've started taking it.
_GáMMá_
Report 15 years ago
I always forget things...

Have you ever gone to get something and, along the way, forgotten what you were doing for a while? :confused:
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%