Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Haiii there.

School is coming soon and though i very much enjoy the psychology content, theres an awful lot to remember!

I was wondering, if anyone could give me a few pointers in getting top marks for the subject? In my AS i achieved 80+93 UMS in my exams. To revise AS, i mainly took notes/essays from the internet and adapted them for my usage by making examplar essays which although included too much content, i guess worked out for me!

In Psychology i will be studying Agression, relationship and perception
    & Addictive behaviour + Phobic disorders + The ol mandatory research method.

Any particular pointers on these topics? May i also ask how long are the essays suppose to be? Very scared on this a level, but challenges must be solved!

ReputationRep:
    If the psychology course you do is anything like OCR where you have to learn about 60 studies drop it it become no matter how interesting you think it there is just too many studies the majority of which seem generic making them hard to remember I loved AS psychology but hated A2. But your course is probably complty different and much more interesting .if it is not you have been warned

ReputationRep:
    If you're on AQA you're already ****ed, sadly. Unit 3 is nothing but a glorified memory test, and both unit 3 and 4 are horribly marked.
    In all seriousness though, use IDAs well for unit 3, because they're very good for evaluation. Don't just bung it in. Explain how it supports/weakens a study, concluding with a comment about validity/reliability. Unit 4's addictive behaviour is a VERY long module with about...3 different models for gambling/smoking, so my advice is so start early, especially as you now have unit 3 and 4 in the summer - both are very heavy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stannisbaratheon)
    If the psychology course you do is anything like OCR where you have to learn about 60 studies drop it it become no matter how interesting you think it there is just too many studies the majority of which seem generic making them hard to remember I loved AS psychology but hated A2. But your course is probably complty different and much more interesting .if it is not you have been warned

(Original post by Sannn)
    If you're on AQA you're already ****ed, sadly. Unit 3 is nothing but a glorified memory test, and both unit 3 and 4 are horribly marked.
    In all seriousness though, use IDAs well for unit 3, because they're very good for evaluation. Don't just bung it in. Explain how it supports/weakens a study, concluding with a comment about validity/reliability. Unit 4's addictive behaviour is a VERY long module with about...3 different models for gambling/smoking, so my advice is so start early, especially as you now have unit 3 and 4 in the summer - both are very heavy.
    Oh it sounds like i'm going to have a brill time......

May i also ask what is IDA? Better start making examplar essays as soon as i finish a chapter also )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.