Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I don't know if I wanna go Bournemouth? I'm doing the Scriptwriting for film and television course. Is it any good? The description of it sounds pretty poor to be honest, so I'd like to know what the course is actually like? Also, I'm not one of these guys who wanna get smashed every night and 'pull'. I do like clubbing and that but I don't wanna live like I'm in Kavos 24/7! I love going cinema and just chilling with friends, do you think I would meet quite a few people like me at Bournemouth? Thanks for your help and advice.

ReputationRep:
    bournemouth is pretty dead in terms of nightlife, but im sure you'll find some dedicated hard-workers like yourself
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    I live near there and i swear the nightlife isn't dead by any means.... Theres some good cinemas and a very nice shopping centre with all the neccessities. .

I personally quite like the campus and i hear its media facilities are top noch. If you dont like the course, go transfer out. But if you did not like the university, why did you pick it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacobelliot)
    I'm doing the Scriptwriting for film and television course. Is it any good?
    What do the graduates actually do? I am sure Mr Spielberg doesn't phone up wanting a few lines for his latest blockbuster. What jobs do people with a degree in scriptwriting from Bournemouth actually go into? If you do not know, please find find out quickly before you pay £9,000 a year for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    I live near there and i swear the nightlife isn't dead by any means.... Theres some good cinemas and a very nice shopping centre with all the neccessities. .

I personally quite like the campus and i hear its media facilities are top noch. If you dont like the course, go transfer out. But if you did not like the university, why did you pick it?
    lol, i must've gone to the wrong places then :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sibbyjibby)
    lol, i must've gone to the wrong places then :P
    http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/7208016371

ReputationRep:
    You are so naughty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacobelliot)
    Okay so I don't know if I wanna go Bournemouth? I'm doing the Scriptwriting for film and television course. Is it any good? The description of it sounds pretty poor to be honest, so I'd like to know what the course is actually like? Also, I'm not one of these guys who wanna get smashed every night and 'pull'. I do like clubbing and that but I don't wanna live like I'm in Kavos 24/7! I love going cinema and just chilling with friends, do you think I would meet quite a few people like me at Bournemouth? Thanks for your help and advice.
    Did you go to the open day? I had the same worry when I read about the scriptwriting course but it sounded so good when I actually visited the uni.
    As for what people can do with their degree, the media school at Bournemouth is well known for having not only good facilities but you make quite a few contacts as you go through your course and get put on placements and stuff
    Did you look around other uni's for scriptwriting courses? None of them seemed to have the same resources as Bournemouth imo, my insurance was Southampton Solent but they seemed a bit relaxed it didn't feel like a degree, didn't get that feel at Bournemouth
    The whole 'Bournemouth isn't high on the league tables' thing might be bothering you too? My friend has just finished her first year of English Lit and has really enjoyed it, also, this course is a specific area of English so it may not show in the league tables but this course has actually got a good rep, I met a few people who are doing it when I visited

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.