Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I applied for pharmacy (firm) and pharmaceutical chemistry (insurance) at huddersfield. On results day morning i checked on track and i was accepted into insurance course, but it didn't say anything about pharmacy.
    After i got my results, it then said I had been accepted into pharmacy. The offer was ABB but i got BBB and Dist* and they still accepted me. It said on track "unconditional offer (firmly accepted)".

But it was so surreal and too good to be true that i had to ring twice to make sure I had got on. So my question is;
    Is it possible that the university can withdraw their offer due to various reasons (mistake, oversubscribed etc.) and end up taking my offer away from me? Because I would not want that to happen!
    Also does it automatically accept my firm choice?

Thanks for any feedback

ReputationRep:
    Once a University has given you and unconditional offer they cannot withdraw it even if its over subscribed

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I know this feeling, I got my firm at Newcastle for Chemistry with an offer of AAB, but actually achieved BBCC, I was in shock for a good few hours! But, especially with science A levels which I assume you took, they can be more lenient and in some cases they give higher offers then they expect you to achieve.

If it says unconditional offer (firmly accepted) basically, you're in; the only reason otherwise can be medical or police related, it says it on the track website They've given you a place, they can't take it away from you so don't worry!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar experience; I got BCC and Keele gave me an offer, even though they wanted ABB.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have gone through clearing and received an offer which I have accepted is there any chance that I could go back on to clearing because I have decided not to go that uni due to change in circumstances ? thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mohammed2004)
    Hi, I have gone through clearing and received an offer which I have accepted is there any chance that I could go back on to clearing because I have decided not to go that uni due to change in circumstances ? thank you
    I think you'll have to ring up the university and tell them what you have decided to do my brother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamando)
    Haha! I know this feeling, I got my firm at Newcastle for Chemistry with an offer of AAB, but actually achieved BBCC, I was in shock for a good few hours! But, especially with science A levels which I assume you took, they can be more lenient and in some cases they give higher offers then they expect you to achieve.

If it says unconditional offer (firmly accepted) basically, you're in; the only reason otherwise can be medical or police related, it says it on the track website They've given you a place, they can't take it away from you so don't worry!

Hope this helps
    Thanks pal. I have bragged about it so much to my family and friends as im the first one to do pharmacy in my family. It would be such a par if they withdrew my offer or told me that it was a mistake haha.
    And yep, theres no medical or police problem im a law abiding citizen. Thanks for that mate, has helped a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sibbyjibby)
    Is it possible that the university can withdraw their offer due to various reasons (mistake, oversubscribed etc.)
    Mistake-yes
    Oversubscribed-no
    Fraud-yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    Mistake-yes
    Oversubscribed-no
    Fraud-yes
    oh god, now you've **** me up. how likely is it that they've made a mistake?
    Is it rare?

ReputationRep:
    BBB + distinction... that sounds about right though? because not only did you do more than the bare minimum of 3 A-levels, (which generally means that they lower the grade of each to account for you doing more work, so where you may need AAA they also accept AABB because 2B's is as good as one A)
    but also surely your distinction is the equivalent to getting an A/A* since it's the highest result you could have achieved? so really you have nothing to even be surprised about because clearly you are as intelligent as they wanted you to be

ReputationRep:
    Anytime mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh god, now you've **** me up. how likely is it that they've made a mistake?
    Is it rare?
    Incredibly rare and rarer still that they own up to it. Most universities would take it on the chin, rather than risk the adverse publicity of withdrawing an offer. You tend only to see it when they have made numerous mistaken offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    Incredibly rare and rarer still that they own up to it. Most universities would take it on the chin, rather than risk the adverse publicity of withdrawing an offer. You tend only to see it when they have made numerous mistaken offers.
    Well in that case, I think its safe to say that i'll be doing pharmacy next month. Can we agree on that? lol

Thanks for the feedback!

ReputationRep:
    Well in that case, I think its safe to say that i'll be doing pharmacy next month. Can we agree on that? lol
    Yes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.