Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I meet people on holiday? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on holiday with my parents in a few weeks and I have no idea how to talk to people. Over here it's easy because my friends introduce me to other people and I go from there, but I won't know anyone on holiday I'm 17 and I'm going to Bulgaria... So I don't know if there will be people the same age as me. Any advice on how I could meet people?

ReputationRep:
    How long are you going for?

ReputationRep:
    Ten days

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. If you're not yet 18 then your options are quite limited (unless the age restrictions on alcohol and clubbing etc differ there). You could just stick with your parents and join in on whatever they plan on doing. And get them to buy beers for you, so you can have a nice drunken sulk in your bedroom . If it's any consolation, I'm a 21-year-old only child who does exactly this whenever I go on holiday with my parents!

ReputationRep:
    There are a ton of people who go on holiday in the same situation as you, you'll be fine It's quite good if the hotel you're staying at has activities going on (volleyball, waterpolo...) that you can join in with. It's always good if your parents make friends with people who have kids your age too, people area usually quite keen to offload their kids on to other people, especially on holiday! :P

ReputationRep:
    Or you could just have a nice 10 days worth of solitude? I'd bring a laptop though. Or anything that will keep you occupied. You're only there for 10 days, it's not like you're moving into a new school...

Aren't your parents gonna explore any sights or surroundings? That's what my parents do, and I just stick with them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.