Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Name one OCD problem you have.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Same as the title....

please share your views

ReputationRep:
    Everything /has/ to be in order. It can be in order of size, genre, or whatever. It doesn't matter what. It just has to be in order.

ReputationRep:
    I wash at least 2/3 times after using the bathroom. I also keep checking the doors of my house at night to make sure they are locked.

ReputationRep:
    Wall hangings HAVE to be straight.

ReputationRep:
    I like to keep my clothes in order, I can't stand if something's out of place or not neatly placed..

ReputationRep:
    All DVD's have to be in order of protagonists names A-Z last names.. then groups of protagonist together(so like all will smith films together) and then in that they have to be in order of date released of film.
    All books are in order of writers last name.
    I wash my hands three times after using the bathroom while in a public place.
    All my clothes are in colour groups.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure every question is answered and answered correctly in an exam.

Guess a lot of people have this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking about real OCD or OCD like tendencies, because as someone who suffers from OCD one of the most annoying things is when someone causally goes 'oh I like things clean I am so OCD' or whatever when they clearly don't and just diagnose themselves using an episode of Monk as a guideline

Real obsessive tendencies are much more serious and emotionally harrowing

ReputationRep:
    My morning and night routines and drinking 2L of water between them both.

Morning:
    - Wake up
    - Pee
    - Shower (if I plan on going out or if it's a Saturday/Wednesday, when I wash my hair)
    - Brush teeth and wash face
    - Measure bust/waist/hips or just hips.
    If I don't pee I can't measure my hips. If I haven't measured my hips then I can't eat; if I can't measure my hips then I feel a little unsettled but as long as I can measure it some time in the next few days I'll be alright. Also, if I don't brush my teeth and wash my face I can't feel clean or look at my face in the mirror.

Night
    - Ensure I've had my 2L of water
    - Floss
    - Brush teeth
    - Mouthwash if I remember
    - Moisturise hands/face/feet
    - Get into bed then Reddit/Pinterest/MFP and catch up on texts and whatever, sleep!
    This is assuming I've showered if I have gone out/worked out/done anything to make me sweat during the day -- my health and cleanliness are both really, really important for me. I can't sleep if I've not had at least 2L of water or if I've sweat/am sweating and I haven't showered.

ReputationRep:
    My PC desktop has to be perfect, otherwise I'll go mental.

ReputationRep:
    I form intense obsessions with people and concepts. I frequently experience intrusive thoughts, and obsess over tiny details in arguments and what people generally say. I become fixated on ideas and cannot readily shake them off. This leads to extreme anxiety and mini-panic attacks. I also experience compulsions to do certain things i.e. tell people personal information, listen to certain songs, etc. And, as you may have noticed, I have a very repetitive way of expressing ideas as this short comment has evidently illustrated. I am also a perfectionist and procrastinate a stupendous amount as a result.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a hygiene freak. I like to be clean and wash my hands a lot more than is probably necessary.

My OCD escalates a tiny bit everytime I see a man at a urinal zip up and head straight out of the men's room without washing their hands, leaving me with the dilemma of how to get out of the men's room myself without touching the door handle. One time I tried opening the door with my foot and some guy who was desperate for a piss/**** came barging in and knocked me backwards on the men's room floor. My hands being clean was the least of my worries that day.

ReputationRep:
    I’m ‘on the spectrum’ but don't have OCD, although I am a bit of a perfectionist, like to keep things tidy, and am somewhat ‘compulsive’ e.g. if I start working on a major piece of coursework/dissertation I’ll lose myself in it and forget to do things like eat

(Original post by Youdontneedtokno)
    Wall hangings HAVE to be straight
    Pretty sure that’s normal, you’re abnormal if you can live with visual chaos!

(Original post by yazgilbert)
    All DVD's have to be in order of protagonists names A-Z last names.. then groups of protagonist together (so like all will smith films together) and then in that they have to be in order of date released of film
    Wonder if that’s simply a case of OCD or (also) too much free time on your hands?

(Original post by yazgilbert)
    All my clothes are in colour groups
    Awwh, that’s kinda cute

(Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    one of the most annoying things is when someone causally goes 'oh I like things clean I am so OCD' or whatever when they clearly don't and just diagnose themselves using an episode of Monk as a guideline
    I chuckled :laugh:

(Original post by Ignoble)
    This leads to extreme anxiety and mini-panic attacks
    Have you tried CBT/hypnosis?

(Original post by Stanley90)
    the dilemma of how to get out of the men's room myself without touching the door handle
    It’s called ‘the sleevie technique’ Or, failing that, I just use my little finger (which I don’t use for anything else)

(Original post by Stanley90)
    One time I tried opening the door with my foot and some guy who was desperate for a piss/**** came barging in and knocked me backwards on the men's room floor. My hands being clean was the least of my worries that day
    Hahaha! Poor *******

Great story. Compelling and rich.

ReputationRep:
    Tucking chairs in

ReputationRep:
    My friend goes round turning all the switches off when she goes into a classroom. (So we turn them all back on )

When i was in Year 2 my teacher used to say 'be careful what you say because it might come true', and for years after i was so paranoid i actually used to whisper to myself after saying something i didn't mean ''no not really, i didn't mean that, please don't let that happen''.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youdontneedtokno)
    Same as the title....

please share your views
    At work when I'm helping the shopfloor staff face and then a customer ruins it, like GTFO:K:

My childhood OCD was my oral/dental health and time estimation and being precise about time. Weird obsessions I know

ReputationRep:
    Not really OCD but if I'm looking through tv channels on sky, I have to start from 101 (the first channel) and work my way upwards. Instead of going down from where I am

ReputationRep:
    Everything in my room must be in its place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa17)
    My friend goes round turning all the switches off when she goes into a classroom. (So we turn them all back on )
    My nan does that (obviously not in a classroom) because she is convinced that they'll leak!

ReputationRep:
    The volume on the telly has to be divisible by 2 or 5.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.