The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandora.
Aaaaargh so confused! :sad:

Dunno whether to quote or text :tongue:

What's up?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
When is it coming back? Have you sent your UCAS application?

no idea just sent it today, hopefully before October 11th (ucas deadline).

Nope I haven't - I'll wait for the remark
Reply 3502
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Dunno whether to quote or text :tongue:

What's up?
Quoting's probably quicker in my world :lol:

It's just uni.. nowhere looks appealing, and I've got no help in college or at home in the application process. I just want to give up with it all now...
Original post by lilGem
so this is a question from last years paper for one of my modules:

Cis-aconitate has an extinction coefficient of 3500 M-1 cm-1 at 240 nm. What is the concentration (M) of cis-aconitate in a solution that that gives an absorbance of 0.37 at 240 nm in a 1 cm path length cuvette? Assume that cis-aconitate is the only molecule in the cuvette that absorbs at 240 nm.

:afraid:

That's terrifying! Maybe a biology degree wasn't for me after all :lol: still, it'll be amazing. How you feeling about moving in so soon? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3504
Original post by Lucy96
That's terrifying! Maybe a biology degree wasn't for me after all :lol: still, it'll be amazing. How you feeling about moving in so soon? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :redface:

I'm now terrified after seeing that but I can't wait; nerves are definitely setting in though :eek:
Original post by lilGem
I know :redface:

I'm now terrified after seeing that but I can't wait; nerves are definitely setting in though :eek:

You'll be absolutely fine, you're a very hardworking person by the looks of it :biggrin:

Aww! :frown: are you going to be visiting home before Christmas or are you moving a fair distance away? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3506
Original post by Lucy96
You'll be absolutely fine, you're a very hardworking person by the looks of it :biggrin:

Aww! :frown: are you going to be visiting home before Christmas or are you moving a fair distance away? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: thank you!

I'm going to try to be depending on how the big talk goes, already planned to meet up with some friends at their university though :awesome:
Original post by lilGem
so this is a question from last years paper for one of my modules:

Cis-aconitate has an extinction coefficient of 3500 M-1 cm-1 at 240 nm. What is the concentration (M) of cis-aconitate in a solution that that gives an absorbance of 0.37 at 240 nm in a 1 cm path length cuvette? Assume that cis-aconitate is the only molecule in the cuvette that absorbs at 240 nm.

:afraid:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lilGem
:hugs: thank you!

I'm going to try to be depending on how the big talk goes, already planned to meet up with some friends at their university though :awesome:

You're most welcome :hugs:

Oh I see! Ah that'll be very exciting :biggrin: What are some of your friends studying? :smile:
OCR are really useless, deadline for remarks today, ordered my script on results day and it didn't arrive. Now I'm just assuming that there are some marks to pick up. Also my remark better arrive before the 11th October (UCAS deadline)
(edited 10 years ago)

It's just uni.. nowhere looks appealing, and I've got no help in college or at home in the application process. I just want to give up with it all now...

:tongue:

Aaah... Gap year? Travel? Drive? Write books? Then use all that for a PS.

Just an idea :smile:
Reply 3511
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:tongue:

Aaah... Gap year? Travel? Drive? Write books? Then use all that for a PS.

Just an idea :smile:
I have considered that, but we don't really have much money so I wouldn't be able to make much of a gap year. :redface: I don't know, I'll have to see. :smile:
Reply 3512
Original post by Lucy96
You're most welcome :hugs:

Oh I see! Ah that'll be very exciting :biggrin: What are some of your friends studying? :smile:

:hugs:

one is off to imperial to do biology, reading for psychology, portsmouth for paramedic science, southampton for english lit, birmingham for physics x2, a few off to Exe for languages, psychology; a few off to UCL for medicine, geography; BSMS, glasgow for vet med :redface:
Aaaaargh so confused! :sad:

Ask a ps helper / ucas section here :biggrin: They get lots of people into uni :smile:

Also if you did take a gap year but lacked money, you could sell some substances :colone: And make up for it :rofl:
(lol joke- about the substances, no really don't do it pandoraaaa!!! :tongue:)
Reply 3514
Original post by Blueray2
Ask a ps helper / ucas section here :biggrin: They get lots of people into uni :smile:

Also if you did take a gap year but lacked money, you could sell some substances :colone: And make up for it :rofl:
(lol joke- about the substances, no really don't do it pandoraaaa!!! :tongue:)
It's not so much that, it's quite complicated, but that's actually quite a good idea! Thanks :smile:

:rofl:
Original post by lilGem
:hugs:

one is off to imperial to do biology, reading for psychology, portsmouth for paramedic science, southampton for english lit, birmingham for physics x2, a few off to Exe for languages, psychology; a few off to UCL for medicine, geography; BSMS, glasgow for vet med :redface:

Wow, sounds like you're all going to have an amazing time! :tongue: Bunch of intelligent people right there :eek:
Reply 3516
Original post by Lucy96
Wow, sounds like you're all going to have an amazing time! :tongue: Bunch of intelligent people right there :eek:

I know :eek: the amount of medics/ vets/ dentists I know is ridiculous :facepalm:
Original post by Robbie242
OCR are really useless, deadline for remarks today, ordered my script on results day and it didn't arrive. Now I'm just assuming that there are some marks to pick up. Also my remark better arrive before the 11th October (UCAS deadline)

remark deadline is 20th september ?
Original post by Fas
remark deadline is 20th september ?

My schools one is today...
Original post by Robbie242
My schools one is today...

oh i see - thats a bit weird why wouldn't your school just do it on same day as the others ?

Latest