The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

M2 Centre of mass test tomorrow :eek:

by far my weakest M2 topic so far
Original post by Robbie242
Deadline for school in 11th October - people need to have ideally sent before this to make sure stuff isn't last minute and along with the collection of last minute applications. If my UMS gets boosted I can contact UCAS and they can edit it in a timely manor.

I agree but this is OCR were talking about

No idea, but I'd say waiting 3+ weeks should mean the remark is looming (I've being waiting since 17th September for mine)

Exactly. I sent off for two on the Tuesday before the deadline (probably the 17th or 18th?), both from OCR but one came back two weeks ago, the other I've not heard anything about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4442

really...is maths not your storngest subject then i assume. dont worry. do lots of practice.
what other subjects are you doing...english?
Original post by IceKidd
really...is maths not your storngest subject then i assume. dont worry. do lots of practice.

I think maths is definitely his strongest subject :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceKidd

No Maths/further maths are my strongest subjects, I said my weakest M2 topic, so that wouldn't suggest a total shambles but rather weaker than projectiles/chapter 1. I understand most of the questions but sometimes mess up stupid things like not paying attention to whether something is a uniform lamina or whether it is a framework.

I do Economics alongside the two
(edited 10 years ago)

I hate topic tests with a passion. If you get a U then the whole class destroy you with a group effort. It becomes 15v1 and it's ruthless.
Original post by NedStark
I hate topic tests with a passion. If you get a U then the whole class destroy you with a group effort. It becomes 15v1 and it's ruthless.

same here... I also hate when teachers use these topic tests to see how much a pupil is getting, they usually pick the 3 toughest questions of one topic (which won't happen in an exam since there are multiple topics) Past papers are much more fairer. That being said they haven't being that much of a problem this yr
Original post by Kilaskwiral
Planning to study Maths

AS: Maths/Further Maths/Physics/Chemistry
A2: Maths/Further Maths/Chemistry

Unis: Cambridge/Durham/Nottingham/Birmingham/Leeds or Loughbrough

:biggrin: hello everybody!

edit:I hope I haven't posted here before because I can't remember :colondollar:

Original post by Choppie
If you could update my university choices for Computer Science as follows, that would be great:

University of East Anglia
University of Kent
Oxford Brookes University
University of Bedfordshire

I am still trying to find a 5th one.

Done and done! :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1
Done and done! :biggrin:

Can you edit my bit on the front page?

I'm under Economics (the last one) and I've got my 5th choice as Bristol/Bath, but now it's a definite Bristol. :smile:
Thanks usy :smile:
Original post by NedStark
Can you edit my bit on the front page?

I'm under Economics (the last one) and I've got my 5th choice as Bristol/Bath, but now it's a definite Bristol. :smile:

Done! :biggrin: I'm applying to Bristol too :yep:

Original post by Kilaskwiral
Thanks usy :smile:

:hat2:
Reply 4451
Done! :biggrin: I'm applying to Bristol too :yep:

:hat2:

You start this topic or something?
Reply 4452
Original post by sana1994
Hey every one
can any one guide me about the factor important for dental school for calling for interview ?
last year I finished my AS level with A in math one grade below the A in chemistry and one grade below the B in biology and B in physic
i dropped my physics this year
and my teacher predicted me AAA*
Is any one know is it possible that leed , liverpool , birmengham and queen mary dentak school calling me for interview or not?
i am really worry about it :frown:

So you got ABBC and got an AAA* prediction that's crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
You start this topic or something?

The thread you mean?

Kinda... Pandora. and I kinda started the year 13 thread together. :yep:
Reply 4454
Original post by diggy
So you got ABBC and got an AAA* prediction that's crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it's that crazy, if he upped his AS grades by one then it'd be A*AA which isn't impossible
I am quite worried tbh! :sadnod: Best to just get on with it all though rather than waste time worrying *too* much. :tongue:

U're up a bit early!

Fair enough :biggrin:. I guess you have more to be concerned with as you're actually applying this year! Are you doing the BMAT at your school/college?
Original post by IceKidd

This cracked me up, haha.
Reply 4457
Original post by keromedic
This cracked me up, haha.

Me 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love center of mass. Much better than energy/power I hate that.
Original post by Dilzo999
I love center of mass. Much better than energy/power I hate that.

Test went ok but I somehow got a circles question wrong and one of the suspended angles questions wrong, but my actual approach to each question is what it should have being just made some quite big errors.

Expecting probably 70%, which doesn't bother me too much since class tests didn't really do anything for me last year either.

Latest