The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Nope, wish I was but I'm not :tongue: And yep, my friend has an interview for it but Manchester's wayy out of my reach! And I'm similar, I've given my personal statement to my form tutor but not got to the references point yet, hoping to have it sent off in a couple of weeks :smile:

My tutor took just over a week to do the reference it was torture :frown:. My friend had an interview on Fri for dentistry at Manchester - I can't wait to hear how he got on.
GAGA ON THE X FACTOR NEXT WEEK :woo: :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smile:D
You're probably right...but all of the medics seem to do maths anyway :wink:

Maths is just beautiful. :love:
Original post by Soontobesuper
My tutor took just over a week to do the reference it was torture :frown:. My friend had an interview on Fri for dentistry at Manchester - I can't wait to hear how he got on.

Had an interview already?! Wow :eek: Hope he did ok- I don't know anyone applying for dentistry! My tutor basically came back to me and said he didn't have a clue about personal statements so to ask someone else...
Original post by furryface12
Had an interview already?! Wow :eek: Hope he did ok- I don't know anyone applying for dentistry! My tutor basically came back to me and said he didn't have a clue about personal statements so to ask someone else...

That's really odd for a tutor to say that!:eek: Unless they teach something completely different to your course, thou They oughta know the general structure and could check it makes sense... Your right I think I only know a couple It one for the early deadline, so you would imagine it was quite popular
Biochemistry:smile:. UCL and King's are my other two. Ooo Its a tough call. Out of all of them, Surrey's my least. Perhaps Manchester just edges ahead slightly. What about for you? Out of all 5 and the shared 3?:wink:

That's awesome :smile: Haha hmm, my order of preference is Southampton, Manchester, Nottingham, Surrey, Bath. So out of our shared three, S'oton, Manchester and then Surrey trails behind...again :wink:
Reply 5446
Original post by smile:D
Perhaps why the subject is important to you/society, its value etc. To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it this early on - I'd come up with a decent start and then use this as a springboard to write the rest of your PS and come back to it when you're refining it: it's so much easier once you've got a few things down :smile:

I am always like this. I can't start it but when I do I finish it easily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5447
Original post by keromedic
There's more medics, I think :h:.

Think there's more maths people. I ain't doing medicine but love maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5448
Hello guys looking to do international business and economics at uni. Currently at BCC and most courses requirements are ABB what are the chances of me getting conditional offers
Original post by lammar
Hello guys looking to do international business and economics at uni. Currently at BCC and most courses requirements are ABB what are the chances of me getting conditional offers

If you can get predicted ABB you'll have a good chance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's really odd for a tutor to say that!:eek: Unless they teach something completely different to your course, thou They oughta know the general structure and could check it makes sense... Your right I think I only know a couple It one for the early deadline, so you would imagine it was quite popular

I thought that too! He's an IT teacher, but still... I know lots of medicine people and Oxbridge then one vetmed, but no dentistry :dunno:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Why do you have Jan exams? The Jan to Summer exam ratio is mad!

For the subjects I'm taking through IAL as an international student it's possible to have January exams, but for the ones with GCE it's not possible. I'm taking all Maths with GCE because IAL doesn't have AFM :colondollar:

So you'll can only do all the exams in Summer. Hope that reduces the grade boundaries or because of that the papers should be set a little bit easier. :biggrin:
No one else think it's weird that there are SO many year 13s in threads about university applications, yet none of them want to join in on this one? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5453
Original post by Lucy96
No one else think it's weird that there are SO many year 13s in threads about university applications, yet none of them want to join in on this one? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a good group here. I feel like when I want to talk to people, I can.

Not that I post much, but I spend time here regardless :colondollar:
Original post by NedStark
So with all the people dropping out, what's the smallest class you guys have got? For me it's Economics with 7 people. I love small classes so much.

Music! I'm the only person taking it! Talk about full on! :smile: 8 in chemistry and 9 in biology.
Original post by 2007PSanHa
Music! I'm the only person taking it! Talk about full on! :smile: 8 in chemistry and 9 in biology.

So lucky! It's bascially private tuition.

Ah but thanks for quoting this message. I posted that with 7 people in my class, now I have 22. Tough times huh? :frown:
Original post by adi19956
There's a good group here. I feel like when I want to talk to people, I can.

Not that I post much, but I spend time here regardless :colondollar:

Yeah I agree! It's very cute :tongue:

You post frequently enough :biggrin: exactly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Music :biggrin:
A2:Music, music technology, applied ict
AS:Music,music technology,applied ict,business studies
Uni Choices:RNCM,RWCMD,Salford,Sunderland,Coventry
Reply 5458
Original post by usycool1
Maths is just beautiful. :love:

it is indeed the greatest subject
Reply 5459
just to stop the stream on unis, what sports teams are people on here interested in?

Latest