The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucine.B
I see you guys love musicals! So do I :biggrin: What have you guys seen??? Oh and auditioned for???

I've been in Joseph, Bugsy Malone, Hairspray, We Will Rock You and Chicago. :redface:

I've seen these in film and have seen them all in the theatre, as well as Mamma Mia :redface:

I didn't really like Les Mis
Original post by Soontobesuper
Someone Fiji is a Fijian = correct?

Yes :smile:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Awesome :smile: can I ask how you managed to get signed up for it? And how hard was it?

Didn't know you were planning on taking one, what are your plans so far?

Read a lot of books lol! :biggrin: I've bought so many but I haven't had the chance to read most of them so I'll be doing that. Other things include getting an internship somewhere (preferably at a museum or national heritage site). If that doesn't happen then I'll have to work for about 4/5 months to earn money. After that I plan on travelling around Europe and the US. :biggrin:
:lol: I'm guessing you also lost yours at that time :teehee:
Mhmm :h:

I still have mine :lolwut:

:rofl: seriously?! Aww I volunteer for them, its well fun :yep: It's where I did my Btec in first aid & peer teaching.

Yep, I don't plan on doing anymore tbh, clearly they're not very organised :rolleyes: thought I did not know there was a btec in first aid
Original post by justanotherindigo
Read a lot of books lol! :biggrin: I've bought so many but I haven't had the chance to read most of them so I'll be doing that. Other things include getting an internship somewhere (preferably at a museum or national heritage site). If that doesn't happen then I'll have to work for about 4/5 months to earn money. After that I plan on travelling around Europe and the US. :biggrin:

Fair enough :tongue: never understand how people enjoy reading but each to their own :mmm:. Hopefully you do get the internship, it sounds pretty decent! Travelling is always a good idea though, especially when you go with others
I have 4 resits and 9 exams,i've already about to finish 1 exam's worth of revision,which is my F322 resit and i'll be done by end of november for f212 resit but i think i'm doing something wrong :/
Reply 6505
Original post by Lucy96
Awwwwww :tongue: that's pretty small too!

Welcome :tongue: yeah, literally anything :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only have me and 5 others in my physics class :tongue:
Could anyone lend some product rule help? I understand how to use the rule itself fine, but I don't understand how to rearrange the equations I've got to the answers given.

E.g: I have got 36x2(1+3x2)2+2(1+3x2)3 36x^2(1+3x^2)^2 + 2(1+3x^2)^3

and the final answer is 2(1+3x2)2(1+21x2) 2(1+3x^2)^2 (1+21x^2)

:confused:
Reply 6507
Original post by Endless Blue
Could anyone lend some product rule help? I understand how to use the rule itself fine, but I don't understand how to rearrange the equations I've got to the answers given.

Could you take a pic of the question. This tex thing confuses me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue

Basically need to factorise...take out a factor of (1+3x2)2(1+3x^2)^2 and see if you can go on. :smile:
Reply 6509
Sorry TSR mobile app is ****. it just shows tec in brackets
Original post by Qari
Sorry TSR mobile app is ****. it just shows tec in brackets

It normally shows up for me? Until I try to quote someone anyway, but I think it might not work then anyway.
Original post by furryface12
:biggrin: music!! Thinking about applying for physics/music at a few places or taking a gap year and possibly applying for music after that, not doing A level though unfortunately so I'd have to do grade 8 theory or something. What do you play?

Posted from TSR Mobile

MUSIC! :biggrin:
some places will accept grade 8 theory but some won't, check :smile: I sing and play violin, clarinet, piano, flute, cello, guitar and ukulele (a lot of which are self taught ahah). How about you?
Original post by Prinz655
Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, Southampton and Bath
Maths :smile:

awesome :smile: which college?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:eek:

Spanish and French are amazing right?:wink: I love languages!

they are so fab. I was debating doing a MFL degree but I just don't love them quite enough :3
Original post by elliebray
they are so fab. I was debating doing a MFL degree but I just don't love them quite enough :3

:eek: how can you not love them? I'm trying to learn quite a few, German is so damn hard.
Second Twitter account reached 10k :cool:
Original post by elliebray
MUSIC! :biggrin:
some places will accept grade 8 theory but some won't, check :smile: I sing and play violin, clarinet, piano, flute, cello, guitar and ukulele (a lot of which are self taught ahah). How about you?

It's that or the A level in a year but I think the theory would be easier to do mostly on my own, and most places take it so... Wow that's a lot of instruments! I would love to learn more if I had them, unfortunately I just play flute and saxophone, and self teaching piano (well, keyboard) slowly! I love singing in choirs and things, no way would I do a solo though! Where are you/have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6517
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Second Twitter account reached 10k :cool:

I haven't even reached 10K on my first and you already have two at 10k+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya, I'm Lucine. Erm...well i just talk about anything really. Conversation's tend to start of about education then we quickly digress :lol:
How are ya??? :smile:

Haha! yeah Im great thanks! Hows uni applications treating you?
:mad: Need to go into school tomorrow to hand in my EPQ...I wanted to stay home to get BMAT revision done. :sad: Ah well, at least I can say the EPQ's pretty much finished now... :tongue:

EDIT: Just seen the total editing time in completing my dissertation was 2364 minutes...about 40 hours...and that's not even counting the research part! :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest