The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ndella
Yeah

what did you get in the exams? cos we are doing alfred the great and the norman conquest and it doest seem to hard as of yet.
Reply 7421
Original post by Millerman
what did you get in the exams? cos we are doing alfred the great and the norman conquest and it doest seem to hard as of yet.

Oh I'm doing my A2s now, were doing the coursework early so I don't have my results yet lol. I'm doing the Tudors. As it has a lot of themes for the exam, the topic itself is quite challenging - mabye its just me :s-smilie: Are you doing Alfred for coursework?
Reply 7422
Who here does Fantasy Football on Fantasy.premierleague.com

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7423
Original post by g.k.galloway
Has it been 9 weeks continuously or do you get a 'half-term' like holiday?

continuously, although that said most subjects in the humanities/ arts get a 'reading week' which is a week off; how scientists wish they got one :moon:
Original post by lilGem
continuously, although that said most subjects in the humanities/ arts get a 'reading week' which is a week off; how scientists wish they got one :moon:

That sounds pretty tough :redface: At least you have Christmas hols coming up :biggrin:
Original post by keromedic
Well volunteering. As I said, I've given up on jobs for now.

I know :h:

U have a long break!

Ah yes (that's what I meant), still counts as a job though :tongue:

:rofl: I still can't get those accents out of my head! :laugh:

Had a free :tongue: Break is only 20 min haha.
Oh and got a job at a market stall which pays well (only weekends too :biggrin:), should help considering I have other jobs but not secure in terms of payment ...i ya get what I mean :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7426
That sounds pretty tough :redface: At least you have Christmas hols coming up :biggrin:

3 weeks :biggrin:

the last week is going to be brutal: investigative skills (3 hour exam), formative biodiversity essay (2 hours), portfolio deadline and genetics report deadline+ formative group presentation to 60 people, skills for biologists exam (2 hours) :eek:
Original post by Ndella
Oh I'm doing my A2s now, were doing the coursework early so I don't have my results yet lol. I'm doing the Tudors. As it has a lot of themes for the exam, the topic itself is quite challenging - mabye its just me :s-smilie: Are you doing Alfred for coursework?

oh, i meant what did you get at AS? :tongue: We are doing alfred and normans for unit 1, weapons for unit 2. Not sure about coursework as we do it at beginning of year 13 and I'm in year 12.
Original post by lucine.B
Ah yes (that's what I meant), still counts as a job though :tongue:

:rofl: I still can't get those accents out of my head! :laugh:

Had a free :tongue: Break is only 20 min haha.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

I see.

Are you going out tonight?
Original post by lilGem
3 weeks :biggrin:

the last week is going to be brutal: investigative skills (3 hour exam), formative biodiversity essay (2 hours), portfolio deadline and genetics report deadline+ formative group presentation to 60 people, skills for biologists exam (2 hours) :eek:

Jeepers!!! That certainly sounds intense :biggrin: I'm sure you'll get through it though - then you can go and enjoy Christmas :smile:
Has it been 9 weeks continuously or do you get a 'half-term' like holiday?

Woah! Section moderator, congrats! :cool:
Reply 7431
oh, i meant what did you get at AS? :tongue: We are doing alfred and normans for unit 1, weapons for unit 2. Not sure about coursework as we do it at beginning of year 13 and I'm in year 12.

Oh sorry lol, since you were in the year 13 thread you'd be in my year :tongue:. Yeah I didn't do too well as I did better in one paper (B) than the other (D) so I plan on retaking to get at least a B.
Original post by Felix Felicis
Woah! Section moderator, congrats! :cool:

Yehhhhhh :biggrin: Thank you :smile:
Reply 7433
Jeepers!!! That certainly sounds intense :biggrin: I'm sure you'll get through it though - then you can go and enjoy Christmas :smile:

It is :eek: and enjoy christmas I shall :biggrin: It will definitely feel well deserved too
Original post by Ndella
Oh sorry lol, since you were in the year 13 thread you'd be in my year :tongue:. Yeah I didn't do too well as I did better in one paper (B) than the other (D) so I plan on retaking to get at least a B.

fair enough, B is a good grade.
Reply 7435
fair enough, B is a good grade.

But I'd rather get an A as I want to study it at university. I should have worked harder at AS.
Fair enough.

Fair enough.

I see.

Are you going out tonight?

That is officially your slogan/ phrase of the year :tongue:

LOOOL :rofl:

Nope, staying in :h: got an early start tomorrow anyways hehe.
Original post by lucine.B
That is officially your slogan/ phrase of the year :tongue:

LOOOL :rofl:

Nope, staying in :h: got an early start tomorrow anyways hehe.

I guess it is lol
Oh cool :biggrin: Getting an early night then?

I'm a mod now, yaya

Another mod :rolleyes: (I swear they're picking ppl I speak to to make me jel...)
Just kidding, congrats!!
I guess it is lol
Oh cool :biggrin: Getting an early night then?

Another mod :rolleyes: (I swear they're picking ppl I speak to to make me jel...)
Just kidding, congrats!!

:rofl: hehe!
Mhmm :smile: EARLY?!! ME?!! Thats not even possible mate :tongue:

DON'T BE JELL BE REEM :biggrin:

Just kidding, congrats!!

Haha :smile: Thank you :smile: