The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fruity0050
Hey everyone! Yeah, I'm kinda new to your amazing world here at Student Room (gawd, sounds like some sort of academy!) but I'd just like to say how welcomed you guys have made me feel and how much its meant to me! Thanks for that! :smile: Any who, here's a massive shout out to the lot of you - GOOD LUCK ON EVERYTHING - even if everything seems to turn pear shaped - I hope you find happiness in what ever you end up doing! Roll on, Year 13, roll on! :biggrin:

Np making people feel is our job (well not really but we like to :tongue:)
What unis you thinking of?
Original post by CJG21
Cheers.

I'm fairly certain I'm going to apply there anyway. It seems good, it has a good reputation, and the city is supposed to be nice.

Has anyone been to Bristol?

Yeah, actually, erm no! Buuuuuut! My best friend went there not long ago and said it was amazing! She was pretty set on the London Uni's like Kings (which is quite nice it self) but said after her visit to Bristol - Bristol was now her dream Uni! :biggrin:
Original post by furryface12

It was in one of the newspapers when I was in the US, I think one of the local Boston ones as that was where I was at the time. I think they knew when they'd be saved, which to me defeats the object of it.... I think they were intending to make a TV series about it or something, you never know it might be shown over here too at some stage!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right fair enough. Yeah, telling them was really stupid. If anything, tell them they'd be left there for at least a month or something :mmm:

I definitely want to read about it, so I'll search it up. Hopefully they bring it here some time soon
Reply 803
Original post by CJG21
Cheers.

I'm fairly certain I'm going to apply there anyway. It seems good, it has a good reputation, and the city is supposed to be nice.

Has anyone been to Bristol?

Yeah I'm applying for very similar reasons.

Nope but I can tell you how I found it and specific details when I do come back from a visit though.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Meh, I'm not bothered much by grammar on the internet.

I'll be unlikely to have a car I can drive even when I've learnt, but at least it means I can get to places without having 20 minute walks then relying on buses that come every two hours and I keep missing :colondollar: How long is it until you turn 17? I have been for eight months but just haven't got round to finding a teacher...

January 18th, so I'll apply in October :smug:

Meh. My uncle is good for that:colone:
Original post by Blueray2
Np making people feel is our job (well not really but we like to :tongue:)
What unis you thinking of?

Ahaha! Well, tbh, my dream is to study Dentistry :biggrin:- and literally, I'd go anywhere! I was even seriously considering Holland! :eek: But If I could go anywhere I wanted, probably Manchester or Glasgow at the mo! Great uni's :smile:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Ah right fair enough. Yeah, telling them was really stupid. If anything, tell them they'd be left there for at least a month or something :mmm:

I definitely want to read about it, so I'll search it up. Hopefully they bring it here some time soon

I'll ask my dad when he gets home, he might remember as it was him that pointed it out to me. Telling them about it made it all a bit pathetic to me, would have been interesting to see what had happened over a longer period of time though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll ask my dad when he gets home, he might remember as it was him that pointed it out to me. Telling them about it made it all a bit pathetic to me, would have been interesting to see what had happened over a longer period of time though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you :smile: although, you've got to wonder whether they'd actually realise the aim of the study if they were left in too long because they probably know about ethics set in place
You guys have heard of my poor GCSEs. I currently just have 6 AS. I figure it'd be in my best interest to have at least 8 GCSEs at As/A*s.
I'm going to try and do stats and Add maths. Has anyone done the Stats GCSE? Is it comparable to S1?
Anyone thinking about applying for business/management?
Original post by keromedic
You guys have heard of my poor GCSEs. I currently just have 6 AS. I figure it'd be in my best interest to have at least 8 GCSEs at As/A*s.
I'm going to try and do stats and Add maths. Has anyone done the Stats GCSE? Is it comparable to S1?

I did edexcel stats GCSE in year 10 and got an A. The coursework is long and hard, and I wouldn't say its similar to S1 at all.

Hello, so about statistics gcse. I did it in year 11 with zero study and no past papers and was one mark off an A. I'm pretty good at maths (A* gcse and A at AS) and I didn't find it difficult but it needs some revision if you want an A*. Hope this gives you an idea.
I did edexcel stats GCSE in year 10 and got an A. The coursework is long and hard, and I wouldn't say its similar to S1 at all.

I bet it was

:sexface:

Ugh. I didn't realize there was course work involved!
Ah thank you :smile: although, you've got to wonder whether they'd actually realise the aim of the study if they were left in too long because they probably know about ethics set in place

True, I can't imagine a study like that would be allowed here and whilst the rules are much more relaxed over there, there must have been a lot of constraints on it even with volunteers. A little bit longer wouldn't hurt though, I mean as you say all the people there would know that if it got too out of hand they'd be rescued, so there's hardly a lot of risk!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Felix Felicis
I bet it was

Do you honestly just scan TSR waiting for posts like these to comment on? :tongue:
Do you honestly just scan TSR waiting for posts like these to comment on? :tongue:

I wait and pounce on my prey, like the jungle cat. :ninja:

I did it, I found it easy at the time tbh and with S1 it would be even more, ridiculously so. You'll be fine definitely, just make sure you don't overcomplicate things as speaking from experience that's where you tend to lose most of the marks. Also go through a couple of mark schemes even if you do no other revision, from memory some of the expected answers seemed quite strange!

I did edexcel, the coursework was a complete pain though and brought my mark down from almost full marks in the exam to an A overall, so I'd recommend a different exam board if you can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Felix Felicis
I bet it was

Only you Felix :wink:
It was very fulfilling, but I didn't manage to get the D :sexface:
Ugh. I didn't realize there was course work involved!

It was with 25% for edexcel, I got a C in the coursework, it was 32 pages long :s-smilie:
True, I can't imagine a study like that would be allowed here and whilst the rules are much more relaxed over there, there must have been a lot of constraints on it even with volunteers. A little bit longer wouldn't hurt though, I mean as you say all the people there would know that if it got too out of hand they'd be rescued, so there's hardly a lot of risk!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's very little psychological research happening in the UK, and its a shame we're actually lagging behind. Very true, all in all, it was a waste of time. Did they find anything significant?

It was with 25% for edexcel, I got a C in the coursework, it was 32 pages long :s-smilie:

Nah, that's too much. Thanks for letting me know :smile:

Latest