Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
You'll probably hear from your 5 choices before I hear from my 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily, Durham are a pain :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8441
Original post by Ndella
Aww well done! I bet that's a HUGE weight off your shoulders? We have still yet to start ours :frown:

Same, gonna give in another draft next week hopefully, I hope it'll be a great improvement on my first, I had a few structural issues - which exam board are you on? :smile:
Reply 8442
just 2 more days until I'm free :woo:

where's my motivation
Reply 8443
Original post by zahra_d
Same, gonna give in another draft next week hopefully, I hope it'll be a great improvement on my first, I had a few structural issues - which exam board are you on? :smile:

Structure's always my problem :mad: I'm on OCR, you? Btw, what books are you studying?
Reply 8444
Original post by Ndella
Structure's always my problem :mad: I'm on OCR, you? Btw, what books are you studying?

Yeah lol it was rife with structural issues, but at least I know now! I'm on AQA, we're looking at Wuthering Heights, Birdsong and Othello - wbu?
Reply 8445
Original post by zahra_d
Yeah lol it was rife with structural issues, but at least I know now! I'm on AQA, we're looking at Wuthering Heights, Birdsong and Othello - wbu?

Darn! I was on AQA at GCSE :tongue: I've always wanted to read Othello - good choice :smile:, I'm doing The Rivals, Antony and Cleopatra and Chaucer for the exam, and The Glass Menagerie, The Great Gatsby and Sylvia Plath for coursework. Are the books you're studying for exam or coursework?
Reply 8446
Original post by Ndella
Darn! I was on AQA at GCSE :tongue: I've always wanted to read Othello - good choice :smile:, I'm doing The Rivals, Antony and Cleopatra and Chaucer for the exam, and The Glass Menagerie, The Great Gatsby and Sylvia Plath for coursework. Are the books you're studying for exam or coursework?

Lol I was on AQA for GCSE too. Yeah Othello is definitely a great choice, but so is Antony and Cleopatra! Wow Chaucer! For the exam we're doing We Need to Talk About Kevin, A Woman of No Importance and I think Ted Hughes poetry :smile: I'd love to do The Glass Menagerie! I love Tennessee Williams :biggrin:
GUYYSSS... I need your help xD
I worrying about my chances of getting an A in English this year, I've done the maths (as you would expect) and here's what I've come up with:
In ENGA1: I got 96/100 with the A mark being 96, and the B mark was 84, so it's only JUST an A.
In ENGA2: I got 63/70 with the A mark being 64, which meant I'm one mark off, and B was 56, so it's an extremely high B.
Basically, it's 320/400 UMS Marks to get an A in the full A-Level, and at the moment I'm on 159, which means I'll have to get 96 in the exam again, and 67 in the coursework to be in with a chance of getting an A. Do you think I should just stick to it cause it's possible or do you think I should have another shot at the coursework? Eurgh, I don't know, it's really hard to be decisive about these things!
Any opinions would be apreciateddd!
Original post by Lucy96
Haha that'd be easier for me :wink:

I live in Southport (most people haven't heard of it, it's not too far from Liverpool and Manchester) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was born in Southport!
Reply 8449
Original post by uh-oh-its-geo
GUYYSSS... I need your help xD
I worrying about my chances of getting an A in English this year, I've done the maths (as you would expect) and here's what I've come up with:
In ENGA1: I got 96/100 with the A mark being 96, and the B mark was 84, so it's only JUST an A.
In ENGA2: I got 63/70 with the A mark being 64, which meant I'm one mark off, and B was 56, so it's an extremely high B.
Basically, it's 320/400 UMS Marks to get an A in the full A-Level, and at the moment I'm on 159, which means I'll have to get 96 in the exam again, and 67 in the coursework to be in with a chance of getting an A. Do you think I should just stick to it cause it's possible or do you think I should have another shot at the coursework? Eurgh, I don't know, it's really hard to be decisive about these things!
Any opinions would be apreciateddd!

Think you meant 96\120 and 63/80

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willowfairy
I was born in Southport!

No way! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8451
Original post by zahra_d
Lol I was on AQA for GCSE too. Yeah Othello is definitely a great choice, but so is Antony and Cleopatra! Wow Chaucer! For the exam we're doing We Need to Talk About Kevin, A Woman of No Importance and I think Ted Hughes poetry :smile: I'd love to do The Glass Menagerie! I love Tennessee Williams :biggrin:

Interesting books :smile: Have you read Chaucer before? I'm convinced our teacher is forcing us to study Welsh :frown: Aww I'm jealous of your studying we need to talk about Kevin, I've been meaning to watch the film lol. Yeah the glass menagerie is really good, were in scene 5 now, may read on myself :tongue:
Reply 8452
presentation done, genetics submitted, portfolio done now to revise for the exam tomorrow :sad:

flat chinese and secret santa later :woo:
Reply 8453
Christmas movies are on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ndella
Yeah we've been doing History so that those who also do English don't get overwhelmed. But we have to write a first draft for the coursework in our mock in January - 2 hours! :rolleyes: Ugh the exams are just terrible with 3 damn books to study, I hope you don't have Shakespeare or Chaucer! :frown:

Yeah we have mock exams too in January for every subject. Our three texts that we are studying for the exam is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Shakespeare's Macbeth and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, we're doing elements of the Gothic. Are you doing Elements of the Gothic or Pastoral? (That's if you are doing AQA Lit B A2)

I don't live there anymore though :erm:
Original post by Blueray2
Why is that? You don't have to pay the fees until you earn at least ยฃ21k :smile: And your more likely to earn more that way.
Or....you could do an A level leaver program with accounting firms that pay for your training and you get a job that was as well! :biggrin:

I'm only doing 2 A-levels now because I couldn't cope with the stress of the subjects I chose, so I think that not going to university would be the best option, but I don't mind :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
If I got a C in a chemistry module in January and resat to get a B in June, do I need to put both down on UCAS?
revision for all 4 resits is complete - time to bash past papers now - A2 levels start now

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG! Just received my first offer today for LSE Economics - after many months of waiting. So happy! :biggrin:

Latest