The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9440
Original post by Lucy96

Happy birthday Lucy!! You're 18, go wild :nutcase:

That's what I planned to do on my birthday... Never did.

Have a great day! :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
Thank you so much :biggrin: :biggrin: that's so lovely. I know! It's quite sad to be honest, I want to be a child again :wink: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, at least you can legally drink now, I still have to ask friends to get me stuff :frown:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Aww, at least you can legally drink now, I still have to ask friends to get me stuff :frown:

I'm the opposite- I can buy it but not drink it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Happy anniversary, Sir Mod :h:

Edit: Also, be proud of me- I just actually reported someone on here (well, two people actually) for the first time ever :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pfft, that should be normal tbh. :colonhash: :tongue: What happens is: people complain about being picked on because we apparently single them out, we tell them that we can't monitor the whole site so ask them to report things and then they say "No, I won't do that" and still complain about being picked on. You don't do that, of course, but it drives me mad. :mad: :tongue:

Original post by keromedic
I PMed but was too late, I suppose.

Happy belated mod anniversary

Nope, certainly not too late - I just haven't responded to the PMs yet (anyone else is welcome to PM me still, btw!). :biggrin:

Original post by Qari
Happy belated modiversary

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the opposite- I can buy it but not drink it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would you buy it and then not drink it? :unimpressed:

Thank you :biggrin:

Happy birthday! :biggrin:

(Actually got the right person this time :colondollar:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :biggrin: hahaha awww :h:
Original post by adi19956

Thank you! :biggrin: I've always planned to do the same but I'm not sure I'll stick to it :lol: thanks again :h:

That's true, it does have its advantages :wink: how long is it until yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
:biggrin:

Hey Happy Birthday
Hi5 January Babies! :five:
My friends aren't really the going out types, so I can't really see being 18 making much of a difference to me
Original post by Lucy96

That's true, it does have its advantages :wink: how long is it until yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just under 5 months :smile: so its not too bad
Reply 9448
Original post by dtwolves
What is the area like nearby to the university?

What course are you studying, and how are you finding your time at UEA?

I'm interested in the actuarial science degree, do you have any information about this?

Would you recommend the university to others?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks

Firstly Norwich (the town centre of it) is about 15 mins by bus, the area in itself is brilliant everything is nearby and it's easy to find your way round. There's the 25 and 25a which take you into town and that's all day every day- they run every 10 minutes too!

I'm a biological sciences student, thus far I'm loving every moment of it. The uni is a great size, you end up meeting a lot of people very quickly and you end up seeing the same people around which is lovely. Even despite the large amount of concrete, the view of the broad makes up for it particularly at night :love: so you have a nice balance between them.

I can't help you with actuarial science unfortunately, sorry.

I would definitely recommend the uni, coming here was one of the best choices I made :h:
For those who are doing edexcel bio, do you have to know the life cycles of bacteria and viruses (reproduction etc)? I'm kind off confused because the spec just says 'distinguish the differences between the structure of bacteria and viruses' and the symptoms they produce to cause diseases. :s

Original post by Lucy96
x

Happy Birthday! :woo:
Original post by usycool1
Puffy, that should be normal tbh. :colonhash: :tongue: What happens is: people complain about being picked on because we apparently single them out, we tell them that we can't monitor the whole site so ask them to report things and then they say "No, I won't do that" and still complain about being picked on. You don't do that, of course, but it drives me mad. :mad: :tongue:

Sorrry :tongue: I don't generally notice things like that tbh or go in the discussion areas as they annoy me, i just happened to notice something then and thought I might as well do something about it. In general the mods seem to do a good job though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would you buy it and then not drink it? :unimpressed:

I don't generally do either, if I buy it it's too tempting (only done it once, then again only been eighteen a couple of weeks) and I don't want to mess up my medication or them to react with each other :tongue: When are you eighteen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:wizard2: Happy Birthday Lucy!!!:yay: :elefant: :party2:

When's the party? :colone:
Need help what motivates you to study? And how do you stay focused on long assignments that you have to complete by the end of the day? :s-smilie:
Happy birthday! :biggrin:

(Actually got the right person this time :colondollar:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by adi19956

Pfft, that should be normal tbh. :colonhash: :tongue: What happens is: people complain about being picked on because we apparently single them out, we tell them that we can't monitor the whole site so ask them to report things and then they say "No, I won't do that" and still complain about being picked on. You don't do that, of course, but it drives me mad. :mad: :tongue:

Nope, certainly not too late - I just haven't responded to the PMs yet (anyone else is welcome to PM me still, btw!). :biggrin:

Original post by Lucy96
Thank you :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin: hahaha awww :h:

Thank you! :biggrin: I've always planned to do the same but I'm not sure I'll stick to it :lol: thanks again :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

btw Happy birthday :biggrin:

Original post by Soontobesuper
Hey Happy Birthday
Hi5 January Babies! :five:
My friends aren't really the going out types, so I can't really see being 18 making much of a difference to me

Original post by lilGem
Firstly Norwich (the town centre of it) is about 15 mins by bus, the area in itself is brilliant everything is nearby and it's easy to find your way round. There's the 25 and 25a which take you into town and that's all day every day- they run every 10 minutes too!

I'm a biological sciences student, thus far I'm loving every moment of it. The uni is a great size, you end up meeting a lot of people very quickly and you end up seeing the same people around which is lovely. Even despite the large amount of concrete, the view of the broad makes up for it particularly at night :love: so you have a nice balance between them.

I can't help you with actuarial science unfortunately, sorry.

I would definitely recommend the uni, coming here was one of the best choices I made :h:

Original post by justanotherindigo
For those who are doing edexcel bio, do you have to know the life cycles of bacteria and viruses (reproduction etc)? I'm kind off confused because the spec just says 'distinguish the differences between the structure of bacteria and viruses' and the symptoms they produce to cause diseases. :s

Happy Birthday! :woo:

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
:wizard2: Happy Birthday Lucy!!!:yay: :elefant: :party2:

When's the party? :colone:
Reply 9454
Original post by Blueray2
Need help what motivates you to study? And how do you stay focused on long assignments that you have to complete by the end of the day? :s-smilie:

btw Happy birthday :biggrin:

Haha, wise choice not asking me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Haha, wise choice not asking me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just quoted anyone on the page :biggrin: Go on tell me some motivation/ tips :smile:
Reply 9456
Just quoted anyone on the page :biggrin: Go on tell me some motivation/ tips :smile:

I lack motivation myself :biggrin: But for assignments/homework I get I always finish that before the deadline or as soon as I can get it
Is there anyone here doing a non-science/maths subject and that would be interested in helping the mod team/TSR with something? If so, PM me, letting me know what subject(s) you do (just so I can get an idea of people who are interested) :smile:

To everyone who PMd me: I'm not ignoring you, I promise I'll reply to your PMs as soon as I've finished with my revision/coursework stuff! :tongue: If anyone else wants to PM me, feel free! :biggrin:

Oh, and if you've quoted me, I'll reply after I finish my work too :tongue:
Reply 9458

Best not to ask me, I'm atrocious at studying. I've done nothing this holiday except a few chapters of S1.
Put up pictures of your favourite university where you study. I saw someone say that, never did it though so I don't know if it works or not.
The only thing that's ever worked for me is being realistic with how much you're going to do and getting into routines that include breaks. That's how I stayed focused on C3 over the summer
I don't generally do either, if I buy it it's too tempting (only done it once, then again only been eighteen a couple of weeks) and I don't want to mess up my medication or them to react with each other :tongue: When are you eighteen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that does make sense, nice to see you being responsible :smile: and late May :smile:

I don't usually have motivation when I do work, I normally just start off slowly then get really into it

Latest