Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

i just wanted to know the number of people sharing a kitchen at SSA. Also, are there restrictions on cooking full meals etc.?

ReputationRep:
    The number is from 4-9 people to share a kitchen. There's no restriction apart from you're not allowed deep fat fryers or to use kettles/kitchen equipment outside of the kitchen/pantry.

This is all on the KCL website I suggest you read it:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/accom/...ing/index.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaLouise16)
    The number is from 4-9 people to share a kitchen. There's no restriction apart from you're not allowed deep fat fryers or to use kettles/kitchen equipment outside of the kitchen/pantry.

This is all on the KCL website I suggest you read it:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/accom/...ing/index.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, Jessica. I did read this but 4-9 people sounded pretty vague and I wanted to know from current students living at SSA about the number of people they had to share with.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shruti2)
    Hi,

i just wanted to know the number of people sharing a kitchen at SSA. Also, are there restrictions on cooking full meals etc.?

I lived there in my first year.

My kitchen served 7 people and I'd say the average is 7 to 9 not 4 to 9.

What do you mean by restrictions on cooking full meals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cognito_08)
    I lived there in my first year.

My kitchen served 7 people and I'd say the average is 7 to 9 not 4 to 9.

What do you mean by restrictions on cooking full meals?
    Thank you for the info! Was it easy for you to cook with 6 other people sharing with you? And your bedroom and bathroom are your own, right? I'm having doubts now :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the info! Was it easy for you to cook with 6 other people sharing with you? And your bedroom and bathroom are your own, right? I'm having doubts now :P
    Yes, so your bedroom and your bathroom are your own. NB the ensuite bathroom is very very very small.

I like to cook and found no problem cooking. It tended to get busy around the same time everyday but, at the most, there was like 3 people using it one time. I never saw it busier than that.

ReputationRep:
    PM sent

ReputationRep:
    Yes, so your bedroom and your bathroom are your own. NB the ensuite bathroom is very very very small.

I like to cook and found no problem cooking. It tended to get busy around the same time everyday but, at the most, there was like 3 people using it one time. I never saw it busier than that.
    Thanks!! I don't mind a small room and bathroom as long as its mine! :P Are you still going to be at SSA this year?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! I don't mind a small room and bathroom as long as its mine! :P Are you still going to be at SSA this year?
    Oh no. I'm entering final year now so I'm sharing with friends

ReputationRep:
    The setup of a Shared Flat is a corridor, with 4-8 ensuite bedrooms, and 1 kitchen. Most flats have 7 or 8 people in them, the ones on the top floor have 5, and a couple of other special ones have 4-6.

The quality and size of the kitchen varies. My kitchen was pretty small, one cooker and barely any cupboards (though it will be renovated for this year I think). Its pretty difficult sharing with 7 other people with one cooker, I had to eat later than others when I was making anything big, but as I say I had the worst kitchen in stamford street and its being upgraded.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. I'm entering final year now so I'm sharing with friends
    That's great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    The setup of a Shared Flat is a corridor, with 4-8 ensuite bedrooms, and 1 kitchen. Most flats have 7 or 8 people in them, the ones on the top floor have 5, and a couple of other special ones have 4-6.

The quality and size of the kitchen varies. My kitchen was pretty small, one cooker and barely any cupboards (though it will be renovated for this year I think). Its pretty difficult sharing with 7 other people with one cooker, I had to eat later than others when I was making anything big, but as I say I had the worst kitchen in stamford street and its being upgraded.
    Thank you, I hope I get a decent room!

ReputationRep:
    How much is the gym at SSA?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.