Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When you take minor subjects at Lancaster do you do the full part 1 of the course or do you do a slimmed down version?

Also do you do all the exams and coursework in a minor subject?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliver2)
    When you take minor subjects at Lancaster do you do the full part 1 of the course or do you do a slimmed down version?

Also do you do all the exams and coursework in a minor subject?

Thanks
    You basically do the full part 1 of the course far as I'm aware, though with things like the language studies, if you did it at beginner level then that would be slightly different to how you would do it if you were doing it for your degree (which is advanced level, but you can do it at advanced level if you did it at A level).

I think some are slightly different, and some courses don't let you do a part one in their subject unless its your major, but in general you would sit all the same exams and coursework as someone doing it for their major, and have the same lectures/seminars/tutorials.

Although when you get your results in July and it gives you the projected degree classification I think it bases it only on your performance in your major.

Source: My boyfriend was a Lancaster Fresher last year

ReputationRep:
    Thanks this has cleared everything up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.