Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so recently my skin has been really bad because im kinda a social smoker and i went on holiday and smoked loads when i hadn't smoked for ages before that and my skin has got SO bad, i never used to get spots but now I've got them quite bad so should i want to get into a routine of how to look after my skin properly, so my plan was to have bath, exfoliate and then moisturise afterwards, will this help my skin at all!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalieb123)
    Okay so recently my skin has been really bad because im kinda a social smoker and i went on holiday and smoked loads when i hadn't smoked for ages before that and my skin has got SO bad, i never used to get spots but now I've got them quite bad so should i want to get into a routine of how to look after my skin properly, so my plan was to have bath, exfoliate and then moisturise afterwards, will this help my skin at all!?
    Stop smoking. That'll do the trick.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S6500

ReputationRep:
    Your body probably isn't used to smoking so much or being around so much smoke, try and cleanse your body, I wouldn't suggest exfoliating too much cause it could irritate your skin more and make it worse
    Definitely smoke less from now on, cleanse your skin and body by drinking LOTS of water and look after yourself!

xx

ReputationRep:
    Don't manually exfoliate your skin too often if you have acne. It will just irritate it further. Look into chemical exfoliaters, like a BHA (salicylic acid) one from Paula's Choice. It does the job, but is much kinder and you can use it everyday on non-sensitive skin. Also, I've heard good things about Boots Sensitive foaming wash to cleanse with.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need a 3 step skin care system, like you mentioned cleanse, tone and moisturise. Clinique anti blemish solutions work really well in a short space of time.

ReputationRep:
    Image Skincare Clear Cell is proven to show results within three weeks, check out Skin Geeks facebook page!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.