The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deborarosa
Guysssssss Media, Art or Textiles for my fourth A Level option? :redface:oo Im keen on all of them tbh (Did GCSE A..got a B :/ but my predicted grade was an A)

No idea tbh, heard the workload for Art is the dogs *******s :tongue:

What do you plan on doing later?
Original post by Mathmaticious
Interesting choice! Why you doubting want to go uni may I ask?

And shouldn't be too bad, I enjoy all the subjects a lot that I picked...

Plus have you not seen the Mathmaticious video on Youtube?! It was practically my maths class anthem for the rest of the year after hearing the song! :banana:

:laugh: Our Maths lessons were so dull, boring and full of nonsence. Yours, yours sounds like fun :cry: (*its not fair*)
Thank you
I don't have a set course I want to do and would rather gain an apprenticeship for 3 years than be in debt with no guarantee of a job afterwards. Although the history degree does call to me sometimes.... :sigh:
Reply 2582
Original post by Bude8
Chemistry numero uno, Maths is good too. And Physics.

I only enjoyed GCSE History cause my History teacher trolled so hard almost every lesson

oh yes chemistry is definitely the hydrogen of subjects :awesome:
*Nerd steps in to the conversation*
Anyone wants to share pics... of their STATIONARY SET (what else did you think? :colone:)
This is mine:
2013-08-28 20.59.28.jpg2013-08-28 20.59.49.jpg2013-08-28 20.59.59.jpg
...and my cat included uwu :rolleyes:
2013-08-28 18.40.06.jpg
(Got some backup stationary too xD)
Original post by EvasiveRose
:laugh: Our Maths lessons were so dull, boring and full of nonsence. Yours, yours sounds like fun :cry: (*its not fair*)
Thank you
I don't have a set course I want to do and would rather gain an apprenticeship for 3 years than be in debt with no guarantee of a job afterwards. Although the history degree does call to me sometimes.... :sigh:

Aww, I was lucky enough to have the best maths teacher ever from year 8 through to year 11 and she had a way of making maths soo appealing! I think everyone from my set is taking it for A level now!!

Oh fair enough, each to their own. I feel like I want to be studying for ever so most probably would want to do a PhD after uni too
Then I must congratulate you on your brilliant option picking, Sir.

I wanted to do them 4 A-Levels but the option blocks clash so I'm pretty sure I'll have to do Geography instead of Economics but I will declare war on my sixth form if I don't get to do Maths,Further Maths and Physics.
Reply 2586
Original post by LeoMantys
Anyone wants to share pics... of their STATIONARY SET (what else did you think? :colone:)
This is mine:
2013-08-28 18.40.06.jpg

YOUR CAT IS ADORABLE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2587
Original post by blamethenargles
I liked their original consoles, but since the 3ds things have one downhill for Nintendo._.

They are around £100 I think at the moment, I'm not sure what to think if it right now .-.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true. Think I would like to buy a 3DS for Monster Hunter and maybe the new Pokemon, but that's it really. Gone off consoles as a whole now since I got a PC
Original post by Mr.Nor
YOUR CAT IS ADORABLE

Posted from TSR Mobile

[Kitus the Cat replies] Oh, why, thank you... :colondollar:
Aww, I was lucky enough to have the best maths teacher ever from year 8 through to year 11 and she had a way of making maths soo appealing! I think everyone from my set is taking it for A level now!!

Oh fair enough, each to their own. I feel like I want to be studying for ever so most probably would want to do a PhD after uni too

Lucky you!
I think that the big 'should I go to university question' will only be answered once I get a taste of AS's.
It's great that you love to study- it's a good attitude to have :yay:

My maths teacher from Year 8 to Year 9 and further maths teacher from late Year 10 and Year 11 was the best teacher ever and my best friend ever-He was so passionate about Maths not as much as me though because I criticised him for talking about Matrices in a negative way and He use to go off topic about exciting Maths where as my maths teacher for Year 10 to Year 11 use to talk about Politics and other rubbish when She went off topic-I am going to miss my best friend.When can I add him on Facebook? because it is seen as dodgy when a pupil adds a teacher but he's not my teacher anymore:confused:
Reply 2591
Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah true. Think I would like to buy a 3DS for Monster Hunter and maybe the new Pokemon, but that's it really. Gone off consoles as a whole now since I got a PC

that is like one the most awesomest games ever !! :awesome:
Reply 2592
Original post by techno836

Woo I know right! :biggrin: :five:

Shame none of the new ones are on PSP which is the only thing I have now that MH is on :frown:
I currently have leet rep points :biggrin:

Original post by LeoMantys
This is mine:
2013-08-28 18.40.06.jpg

I can't be bothered to take a photo of my pencil case but here's the calculator I need to buy for 6th form:

I find Mechanics the most interesting thing. I also like History.
Reply 2595
Done :h: and i've seen you alot on here, you should consider getting an avatar so i can recognise you easier :h:

Thanks:smile: There we go, i love Minnie mouse:colondollar:
Reply 2596

That looks absolutely hideous.

You're better off buying a second hand 3DS now. My mate picked one up from Gumtree for £60.

The only reason I want a 3DS is for Pokémon X/Y. :colondollar:
I might just wait and see if they're doing a special release bundle. If not, I'll have to cave in and get an ugly 2DS. :unimpressed: Only if I can't find a cheap 3DS, of course. :tongue:

MH seems like such a boring hack n slash; looks so slow paced from what I've seen (the PSP version, I saw some guy playing and swings took FOREVER)
Haha I know GCSE Art was painnnnn but I enjoyed it lol. I plan on going into Law or Journalism which fits well with media but Art and Textiles are fun and natural subjects for me. If I picked them they'd just be 'fun' options
Original post by lolface32
No idea tbh, heard the workload for Art is the dogs *******s :tongue:

What do you plan on doing later?
Reply 2599
Original post by Lucas.
That looks absolutely hideous.

You're better off buying a second hand 3DS now. My mate picked one up from Gumtree for £60.

The only reason I want a 3DS is for Pokémon X/Y. :colondollar:
I might just wait and see if they're doing a special release bundle. If not, I'll have to cave in and get an ugly 2DS. :unimpressed: Only if I can't find a cheap 3DS, of course. :tongue:

I'm getting X :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest