The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by YanaIguana
Thank you for the welcome and warning xD haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha no problem :h: i will probably be the most active user on this thread :colondollar: (because i have no life :wink: )
Original post by techno836
haha i hope it's like 10 :colondollar:

:O haha i'm 1 and a half years old i think :colondollar:

I wanted to say 10 but then I felt a bit mean, the fact that nearly everyone else has disappeared shows how we really need to go and get lives haha :tongue:
Thank you for the welcome and warning xD haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!
A good opening question: what A-Levels are you taking this year? :smile:
Original post by Infinity_4652
Oh cool!

Sorry, but what's gigs?

Gigs are like music concerts. To see a band/musician live.
Reply 2944
Original post by sarahiscool
I wanted to say 10 but then I felt a bit mean, the fact that nearly everyone else has disappeared shows how we really need to go and get lives haha :tongue:

I know :erm:
Original post by NikolaT
Oh my god, first day of AS levels.

What. The. Hell.

Just looking through the pages in my C1/C2 Maths textbook creates a sickly feeling in my stomach. D:

Is it too late to drop out of Sixth Form and become a rapper instead?

hahaha :biggrin: stay motivated and did you pay for your textbooks?
Reply 2946
Going to see how far I can get in Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC) in a few hours. Emulating on my Wii. Let's go!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377806647.752058.jpg

The GBC Zelda games - Links Awakening, this and Oracle of Ages - are my favourite in the series. Shame they were so underrated. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are so hip :danceboy:
Nope :h: and dont worry C1 will ease you into really nice :h: especially if you got an A in GCSE if you got a B you may have to work i little bit more as it may be completely new concepts to you :h:

Haha, thanks for the reassurance. I actually got an A*... in iGCSE. :colondollar: So I've already been sort of introduced to calculus/some advanced algebra, but all the new stuff is kinda off-putting.
Original post by NikolaT
Oh my god, first day of AS levels.

What. The. Hell.

Just looking through the pages in my C1/C2 Maths textbook creates a sickly feeling in my stomach. D:

Is it too late to drop out of Sixth Form and become a rapper instead?

ive heard c1 is like gcse

my bad,already mentioned

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2950
Original post by NikolaT
Haha, thanks for the reassurance. I actually got an A*... in iGCSE. :colondollar: So I've already been sort of introduced to calculus/some advanced algebra, but all the new stuff is kinda off-putting.

you should be fine then :h: honestly once your taught it you'll understand how simple it actually is no matter how complicated it looks now :h:
Original post by Dinasaurus
Gigs are like music concerts. To see a band/musician live.

Yh I had a feeling from the word it's something to do with concerts.

Who will be at the concert?

Oh, and have you ever been to them mauritius live festivals??
Original post by NikolaT

gosh, is it that bad ??? I would have thought that igcse A* would have helped .... well I'm screwed :frown: were you edexcel igcse like me ? or CIE
Haha thank you :biggrin: Everyone seems really friendly here. ^.^
Original post by EvasiveRose
Hi!
A good opening question: what A-Levels are you taking this year? :smile:

I'm taking English Literature, Classical Civilisation, Geography and Biology. What about you?
Original post by Infinity_4652
Yh I had a feeling from the word it's something to do with concerts.

Who will be at the concert?

Oh, and have you ever been to them mauritius live festivals??

Bastille and Two Door Cinema Club.

Nope, I've been to some Creole events in the Seychelles when I was younger and there were some Mauritian acts there, but I'm not too into the Creole music style, but it's quite energetic and vibrant.
haha no problem :h: i will probably be the most active user on this thread :colondollar: (because i have no life :wink: )

I'm not sure how active I will be, but would like to be a regular visitor.
Original post by Darnell LD97
hahaha :biggrin: stay motivated and did you pay for your textbooks?

Nope, Sixth Form provided them.

Original post by sarahiscool
gosh, is it that bad ??? I would have thought that igcse A* would have helped .... well I'm screwed :frown: were you edexcel igcse like me ? or CIE

I guess it's like opening any textbook at the start of the year when you don't fully know the curriculum. There are obvious things of familiarity, likes equations of graphs I've spotted around the textbook. On the other hand, there are big scary words like 'integration' and these big S's in front of some workings out. xD

Edexcel, by the by.
I'm taking English Literature, Classical Civilisation, Geography and Biology. What about you?

I'm doing English Lit, Chemistry, Biology and History. I was thinking of taking up Classical Civillisation but then thought better not... :tongue:
So we got a 2 out of 4 subject match
:five:
Reply 2959
I'm not sure how active I will be, but would like to be a regular visitor.

haha stalker are we :wink: ..don't be shy feel free to join in and discuss :h:

Latest