The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucas.
Yeah, you can slip it into a lot of things. :tongue:

It's better than having a really common surname though I guess... Unless Dina is a really common surname where you came from. :tongue:

There aren't really any 'common' names in the Seychelles due to the small population but, Dina is pretty rare. Like other than my family, I don't know any other Dinas. When I search the name on Facebook, every Dina I see is a relative ahaha. Maybe less than 20. As it's an 'edited' surname.

Do tell :biggrin:
Reply 3401
Original post by Dinasaurus
There aren't really any 'common' names in the Seychelles due to the small population but, Dina is pretty rare. Like other than my family, I don't know any other Dinas. When I search the name on Facebook, every Dina I see is a relative ahaha. Maybe less than 20. As it's an 'edited' surname.

Do tell :biggrin:

@sunsetsynergy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3402
Original post by Mr.Nor
Followed :smile:

Mines @sunsetsynergy if anyone wants my Instagram :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Followed on Twitter and Instagram because I am such a nice guy. :tongue:
Reply 3403

Oh right, fairn enough. What do you mean by edited?
Original post by Lucas.
Oh right, fairn enough. What do you mean by edited?

Some like Great-Great-Grandfather decided to remove the 'N' at the end of it (Dinan) because of some sort of dispute with his brother or something weird like that. :biggrin:
Reply 3405
Some like Great-Great-Grandfather decided to remove the 'N' at the end of it (Dinan) because of some sort of dispute with his brother or something weird like that. :biggrin:

Ooooh right. That's pretty cool I guess. Makes a good story to tell. :tongue:
Reply 3406
Original post by Lucas.
Followed on Twitter and Instagram because I am such a nice guy. :tongue:

Followed back on both :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucas.
Ooooh right. That's pretty cool I guess. Makes a good story to tell. :tongue:

Yeah I guess ahaha.

My time is running out, 1 last late night sleep.
my arm is going to fall off for the 5th time
Whoa. Haven't been on this thread for quite some time.

Anyway. My school's being a bit stupid as to when the Year 12s go back. The Year 7s start on the 4th, which is fair enough, and then the Year 8s-11s and 13s go back on the 5th. For some mind-boggling reason, we go back on the 6th (which in case you hadn't realised, is a Friday). :frown: Doesn't make any sense to me, surely they'd want to give us a day where we can adjust before the Year 13s come back, or at least send us in with the Year 13s? Agh, they're idiotic my school sometimes, you know.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3410
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Whoa. Haven't been on this thread for quite some time.

Anyway. My school's being a bit stupid as to when the Year 12s go back. The Year 7s start on the 5th, which is fair enough, and then the Year 8s-11s and 13s go back on the 6th. For some mind-boggling reason, we go back on the 7th (which in case you hadn't realised, is a Friday). :frown: Doesn't make any sense to me, surely they'd want to give us a day where we can adjust before the Year 13s come back, or at least send us in with the Year 13s? Agh, they're idiotic my school sometimes, you know.

You go to school on a Saturday? :s-smilie:
Persian heritage FTW, my surname is Arabic for messenger of God... And my message is YOLO xD

Also which county is everyone in? or general area.
(edited 10 years ago)
My first instagram photo:

Holy crap my wrist is red :lol:
I have an Instagram although I don't post anything - but I am always on twitter, and my name is @tess_rach - please follow me, I'm nearly at 100 followers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2
You go to school on a Saturday? :s-smilie:

Oh my, that looks so stupid when I say, "which in case you hadn't realised is a Friday." :biggrin: Got my dates all mixed up. I go back on the 6th, Year 7s start on the 4th, everyone else goes back on the 5th. Weird, eh?
Reply 3415
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Oh my, that looks so stupid when I say, "which in case you hadn't realised is a Friday." :biggrin: Got my dates all mixed up. I go back on the 6th, Year 7s start on the 4th, everyone else goes back on the 5th. Weird, eh?

Haha :biggrin:

Yeah that's pretty strange, I think the whole of our school is back on the 5th... Would maybe make sense for the lower school to go back earlier than sixth form, but not even the sixth form going back on different dates! :s-smilie:
Original post by Tibbz2

Yeah that's pretty strange, I think the whole of our school is back on the 5th... Would maybe make sense for the lower school to go back earlier than sixth form, but not even the sixth form going back on different dates! :s-smilie:

At my school, years 7, 12 and 13 go back on the third and everyone else is back on the fourth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2

At my school Years 7 & 12 go back on the 3rd and the rest of the school on the 4th. I think it's because we don't have an enrolment day so we find out our forms, timetables, etc. on that day and then the whole school still has the same first day of actual lessons on the 4th.
Original post by Tibbz2

I'm not a fan of the whole school going back on the first day - could be a bit daunting for the Year 7s! Especially in a huge, old school like mine. It's celebrating it's 150th anniversary next year (and one of the reasons why I'd love to be head boy that year!) :smile:

I think we should go back when the Year 7s do personally, gives us a day to settle into our "new home" before the Year 13s arrive and the other years clog up the corridors come back. :tongue: I can't wait to go back, I honestly hate holidays - I like being at school, I just feel way more productive. And going back on a Friday just seems ridiculous - they might as well tell us to come back on the Monday!

Also, they never officially confirmed that we go back on this date. On the website it says, "Year 7s - Sept. 4th, all other years - Sept. 5th" but on some very old documents we received from Sixth Form it said the sixth for Year 12s. I had to email them to confirm which date we went back and sadly it was the 6th. *sigh*
Original post by tess_rach
I have an Instagram although I don't post anything - but I am always on twitter, and my name is @tess_rach - please follow me, I'm nearly at 100 followers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Followed, so close to the mile stone :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest