The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieB1997
I'm actually so excited for my first day of lessons tomorrow! I miss p1&2 for form time :unimpressed: but then I have double maths (which I'm so looking forward too :tongue:), double chem, a single free, then double physics :smile:

:redface: That's a crazy number of periods....How long are they?
I have PEP tomorrow (blee), then Maths, followed by Supervised Study so I REALLY hope I get work in Maths to do, then Geography and History in the afternoon. I have nice teachers for the latter two, so I'm happy :smile:
Original post by peaaceandl0ve

Haha everyone says that, they're only 35 minutes long. It would seem that the majority of people have longer ones as all the new girls at my school were so confused by how you fit 9 periods in one day :tongue:
Reply 3963
What are people allowed to do during enrichment periods? Is it set up for you (like a set list of stuff to do) or can you choose you own things?

What are you lot thinking of doing during enrichment? :smile:

:rofl::facepalm:

Guys I'm immature... Please say lessons instead of periods :tongue:

"How can you fit 9 periods in a day?" is making me :giggle:
Original post by Tibbz2
What are people allowed to do during enrichment periods? Is it set up for you (like a set list of stuff to do) or can you choose you own things?

What are you lot thinking of doing during enrichment? :smile:

We have the periods to our own, but for the first two days we are able (and we have to at some point) go to an 'enrichment fair' where we go and see all the activities they offer :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

:rolleyes: and to think you're going into year 12 :wink:
Reply 3967
Well they must exist, and it seems that a lot of language graduates do fall to teaching because they seem aware of the other options available.

Oh wow, he sounds amazing! Maybe a bit psychotic and scary at the time, but teachers with personalities really are the best. It makes their lessons much more interesting and memorable.

Haha no, it's certainly the better - your hair in particular!

Yeah I guess that's true. Plus (it might just be the teachers I've had/seen) I think language teachers seem to be the most enthusiastic teacher - apart from Physics teachers, bless 'em. :wink:

He was amazing! When we had our first lesson with him he made us wait outside, and before we were allowed in he said he wanted to tell us something. All he said was, "If you're one of those kids that likes to go up to teachers and shout, 'Sir! Sir! Look what I've done! Are you proud of me?', I don't give a ****. In you go."

Yeah, his personality was great. :tongue: If we ever got too loud in class he'd just stick on some classical music and blast it as loud as he could. He used to teach Music at my school, but soon stopped and just did Science. He must be around 27 now. I'd love to see him again. I remember in our last 5 lessons with him he booked computer rooms, and he just let us do whatever we wanted. During the year he also put everyone's name into a hat, and every Friday, two names would get pulled out, and those two people would have a week to prepare a 5 minute presentation on anything scientific of their choice. Sorry if I'm going on.. It's just the more I say, the more I remember about this guy.

Quentin Harper, you're the man, dawg.

Thanks, but I really don't like my hair. :frown:

Train tickets on your door :biggrin: I do the same with mine. They're such a funky colour :3

Yeah, I stick them up because they just clog up my wallet. :colondollar:
Reply 3968
Original post by MattFletcher
We have the periods to our own, but for the first two days we are able (and we have to at some point) go to an 'enrichment fair' where we go and see all the activities they offer :smile:

Oh lord I hope our school don't dictate our activities, knowing how bad they are at doing everything else it will be the worst possible scenario :s-smilie:
Original post by LeFailFish
I have double maths, double biology and then double mandatory PE... although I think as it's the first day of lessons we don't actually have to do anything but but choose a sport for the term in PE :biggrin:

Wow still have to do PE in sixth form, I'd hate that. I barely have space for a PE kit.
Oh really? I think there's quite a few people taking it at mine, it was extremely popular at GCSE :tongue: I don't think I've even heard of CCEA before, I presume from your posts it's an Irish exam board?

Nope, Northern Irish so it comes under JCQ (but it's not an English board like Edexcel or AQA). I think they do Junior and Leaving Certificates instead of GCSEs and A levels in Ireland. They definitely have to do a wider variety of topics in History from the renaissance to modern stuff like the cold war, but in less depth, I think.

Original post by aasvogel
Oh I see - what part of the South are you from/ where are you from now?

I'm from Cavan but I can't remember it at all. We kept moving around because mom and dad kept getting reassigned to new hospitals. And as for where I am now...somewhere in Fermanagh and that's as much as I'll tell you :wink:
First day tomorrow oooo, although I believe it is just an induction so I don't know what to expect! :biggrin:
Original post by Dinasaurus
Wow still have to do PE in sixth form, I'd hate that. I barely have space for a PE kit.

I have to do P.E as well :rolleyes: It's only for one year though. I think...
Reply 3973
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Haha same :rofl:
Original post by Elm Tree

That sounds horrid, I will be doing some sport at school though but not too often.

Me too :frown: But I don't think my school will take it too seriously and we'll probably just play badminton or go to the gym, which won't be too bad.

Oh god, that sounds awful!
Original post by SophieB1997
Me too :frown: But I don't think my school will take it too seriously and we'll probably just play badminton or go to the gym, which won't be too bad.

Original post by Georgiecat
Oh god, that sounds awful!

It's not all that bad tbh. It's only once a week and it keeps you healthier than you would be if you didn't do it :tongue:
Reply 3978

I feel so sorry for you man, hahaha. So glad I never ever have to do PE ever again. Ever. :biggrin:
Guess I should sleep for school Sixth form tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone! Good luck with your first days..:smile:

Latest