The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
Hi, i would try sticking with it for a couple more lessons and also talk to your teacher especially if you begin to struggle.

I personally was unsure if i should do Physics but i am going to stick with it in the belief after a while i'll start picking it up :h: I also wanted to drop further maths but me teacher won't allow me until after a month :frown:

Thank you so much! I had a lesson today and felt completely lost, so I spoke to my teacher thinking that I really wanted to change. Then I had to go through 5 senior members of staff, but my mum had to agree with it and she didn't. She told me to stay with it. It would seem silly now if I ask them again to change haha, so I kinda have to.

Good Luck! It sucks about the Further Maths. They should allow you to drop when you please as only you know what you're capable of! :smile:
I might need to build part of a Rube Goldberg machine soon. Anyone got any ideas?
Reply 4322
Original post by overthelove
Thank you so much! I had a lesson today and felt completely lost, so I spoke to my teacher thinking that I really wanted to change. Then I had to go through 5 senior members of staff, but my mum had to agree with it and she didn't. She told me to stay with it. It would seem silly now if I ask them again to change haha, so I kinda have to.

Good Luck! It sucks about the Further Maths. They should allow you to drop when you please as only you know what you're capable of! :smile:

Yeah :smile: and thanks, i think its because it was the first lesson and it was completely new so it just threw me a bit :/ ... and it was only Decision 1 , FP1 and M2 might be okay :h: I hope :s-smilie: :lol:
Reply 4323
Original post by Bude8
I might need to build part of a Rube Goldberg machine soon. Anyone got any ideas?

isn't that like a contraption that's really long and really it just opens the door or something ?
Yeah :smile: and thanks, i think its because it was the first lesson and it was completely new so it just threw me a bit :/ ... and it was only Decision 1 , FP1 and M2 might be okay :h: I hope :s-smilie: :lol:

It probably will get better to be honest. Like by October half term, you'll probably think 'Why was I worrying? :wink:' and it will turn out to all be OK :biggrin:. I seriously underestimated the jump from GCSEs to A-Levels though :frown:
Original post by Bude8

Toast machine, it loads the toaster with toast, grabs it with a claw, and delivers it to your plate in a cablecar manner. For extra points have an automatic buttering system (Caution, knife may stab owner)

Haha no problem just ask if you need help :h:

I managed to complete all my exercises in lessons today and my homework sheet, so i don't have any all weekend :biggrin: ..i'll probably read my textbooks though :h:

*Prepares questions for every topic* :colone:

The problem with my classes are that they are very powerpoint drive, you are always taking notes or reading off the board and as soon as you finish your classwork there isn't a big enough gap to get in your homework unless the teacher says so.
Original post by pathosL
homework?

Yep, and I'm also re-writing notes after class, so that takes time :/

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Not the workload but I agree... Waking up, get home later than usual... Shower... Then I have like no time in the day it seems...

I hate that :emo:

Thankfully we have the weekend now :awesome:

Haha yeaaah, I can relax tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 4327
Well at least you guys have (mostly) had a great first few days...

I'm still waiting to start. :mad:
isn't that like a contraption that's really long and really it just opens the door or something ?

To do quite a simple task, yes, but I only need to think up a part of the machine.
Reply 4329
Original post by overthelove
It probably will get better to be honest. Like by October half term, you'll probably think 'Why was I worrying? :wink:' and it will turn out to all be OK :biggrin:. I seriously underestimated the jump from GCSEs to A-Levels though :frown:

Yeah i really hope so :biggrin: and yeah i think the biggest jump is in biology AS :yep:

Original post by Glitch96
Toast machine, it loads the toaster with toast, grabs it with a claw, and delivers it to your plate in a cablecar manner. For extra points have an automatic buttering system (Caution, knife may stab owner)

*Prepares questions for every topic* :colone:

The problem with my classes are that they are very powerpoint drive, you are always taking notes or reading off the board and as soon as you finish your classwork there isn't a big enough gap to get in your homework unless the teacher says so.

Haha that's fine honestly and well our lesson is more like going through some worked examples on the board and maybe writing some definitions etc then going through exercises which if we don't finish is homework :h: plus the homework we may get anyway :lol: That's just maths though :smile: and we're only doing like A* GCSE stuff at the minute so i'm not too sure what it could be like later :smile:
Reply 4330
Original post by Bude8
To do quite a simple task, yes, but I only need to think up a part of the machine.

Ohhh .. say have you seen the opening credits to Elementary :holmes: (haha that's quite ironic :colondollar: )
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Doesn't it tire you out?

I hate this thing :rofl: better be worth it :tongue:

In these first few days it has killed me. I'm only going to this school because of its Oxbridge reputation.
Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah sucks, I leave home at 7.45 and get there usually between 8.40 and 8.50

I leave at 7.10 and get to school at 8.30 :frown:
Reply 4333
Sixth form has honestly tired me out so much and it's only been 2 days, we've made a lot of progression in maths, done some stuff in geography and bio, but not learnt anything yet in chemistry!
Original post by Lucas.
Well at least you guys have (mostly) had a great first few days...

I'm still waiting to start. :mad:

Yeah we're having so much fun, I saw this in Computing

[video="youtube;sAz_UvnUeuU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU[/video]

edit- Well, that thumbnail isn't suggestive at all...
Had my first biology lesson today, learned about monosaccharide , disaccahride and polysaccahride, pretty simple so far
Reply 4336
Original post by Glitch96
Yeah we're having so much fun, I saw this in Computing

[video="youtube;sAz_UvnUeuU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU[/video]

edit- Well, that thumbnail isn't suggestive at all...

Why on Earth were you watching that in Computing? :laugh:
Reply 4338
Original post by Teh Smart One
Had my first biology lesson today, learned about monosaccharide , disaccahride and polysaccahride, pretty simple so far

Big words though :lol: I'm doing Cytology in my biology lessons and learning about the plasma membranes, microtubules, intermediate Filaments, and micro filaments :h:
Reply 4339
Only had two lessons of Philosophy and already finding it difficult

Latest