The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
Mines on Thursday :/ and I have maths tomorrow -_- ( 2 frees after though :biggrin: )

Not sure if I've said this but take me off Edexcel History. Might be changing Chemistry to Economics aswell.
had a biology test today...was soooo bad!!

we are going so fast .... we are about 3.5 out of 6 topics in... that more than half the 1st module...
almost the same for chemistry...but physics is alright

grrr
Reply 5162
Original post by techno836
Mines on Thursday :/ and I have maths tomorrow -_- ( 2 frees after though :biggrin: )

i have maths on friday, chem and physics on thursday which i think im gonna fail
Reply 5163
Original post by Glitch96
I don't but I plan to get it, but on PC so it looks like i'll be waiting a loooong time.

Meh, GTA IV was only 6 months after console, I just want them to announce how long it will be so I know.

I just can't face going back to consoles, tried playing RDR the other week for the first time in 2 years and it looked horrible! Supposedly GTA V is too much for current gen and there are issues with frame rate and textures on the consoles! :s-smilie:

Think I can wait :smile:
Original post by Katie97
We all went for a curry the other night. There were like 70 sixth formers and 20 teachers it was cute :ahee:

Aww, that sounds sweet! I don't know whether the teachers are coming to ours :s
Reply 5165
Got some Sociology homework today. Write (WRITE) a 600 word essay on 'feral children'... I'll be honest... I can't be ****ing bothered. Sociology proper sucks at the moment. :frown:

Loving every other subject though, especially Maths. :biggrin:
Original post by Lucas.
Got some Sociology homework today. Write (WRITE) a 600 word essay on 'feral children'... I'll be honest... I can't be ****ing bothered. Sociology proper sucks at the moment. :frown:

Loving every other subject though, especially Maths. :biggrin:

My Sociology friends have done feral children too :biggrin: Though they're not too happy because they study Sociology via Video Conferencing, so they basically have two one-hour Skype calls with a Sociology teacher per week, but they keep getting blocked by the school computer network :Facepalm: Maths is fun though
I seem to be the only person here with very little work, I've done hardly anything so far. To be fair, I am essentially only taking 3 subjects (Maths, FM, History and Economics).
Original post by emcat
Is anyone else doing an extended project? What are you doing yours on?

I'm planning to! Preferably something related to German or History, maybe even German History :redface: What about you?
Original post by Lucas.
Does anybody think the head of PE at my college is a spitting image of Sean Lock!?

I walked past him today and I did a triple take, I could have sworn it was Sean Lock. :tongue:

Not the best picture, as I had to go onto the college's email system thing and get his picture, but still, what do you think!?

sim.png

Oooh I love Sean Lock, I saw him live the other month! Indeed they do look rather similar.
Original post by iJess
My sixth form has a chilli eating challenge on friday, I have never eaten a chilli before...

Haha, that sounds unusual! Good luck with that, I'd never be able to do that :redface:
Reply 5170
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
My Sociology friends have done feral children too :biggrin: Though they're not too happy because they study Sociology via Video Conferencing, so they basically have two one-hour Skype calls with a Sociology teacher per week, but they keep getting blocked by the school computer network :Facepalm: Maths is fun though

Damnnn I would not like to be doing that.. That'd be horrible haha. :tongue:

Yeah, I'm really loving Maths at the moment! Content-wise it's definitely my favourite so far, but class-wise, my German group is so so so so sick. :biggrin: We got given a letter on Monday about a trip to Germany. Me and the three other guys in there are going to have a whale of a time!
Reply 5171
College has gone off to a great start! :crown: Woop woop!!!! Tomorrow 10 of us are all off to see Insidious: Chapter 2!!!!!!! Then on Friday we are having an ice breaker evening at a friends house!! Loving my subjects :biggrin:

English Lit

English Lang

Class Civ

History (Antisemitism in Germany and the other unit is Tsarist Russia)

Hows it going for you guys? :biggrin:
Original post by jsmben
College has gone off to a great start! :crown: Woop woop!!!! Tomorrow 10 of us are all off to see Insidious: Chapter 2!!!!!!! Then on Friday we are having an ice breaker evening at a friends house!! Loving my subjects :biggrin:

English Lit

English Lang

Class Civ

History (Antisemitism in Germany and the other unit is Tsarist Russia)

Hows it going for you guys? :biggrin:

I'm glad it's going well for you! :smile: I'm studying Tsarist Russia in History too, how are you finding that particular unit? :h:
Chemistry is boring me, thinking of swapping it for Economics but worried about essays, I wish I could just do all Maths:frown:
Hello all,

I am a Y12 student and I saw my teacher for Chemistry using a type of software called OCR ExamQuest or something similar. If anyone has this software please can they help me by giving it to me. If not, what other software is there that does the same job.

N.B This type of software allows you to click on your desired module and you will get real past paper questions based on the chapters in the module.

Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5175
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
I'm planning to! Preferably something related to German or History, maybe even German History :redface: What about you?

I'm still trying to decide. I know I want to do something with literature and history. I was thinking of something like how accurate are the representations of time periods in literature but if I had to choose a time period in history that I'm most interested in, it's the 1920s but we're studying The Great Gatsby in literature and we've been told to do something different than what we're studying in lessons. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do now.
Reply 5176
Second week in to sixth form and I've come down with flu :frown:
Original post by iJess

Aw, get well soon! :frown:
Reply 5178
Original post by Red Fox
Not sure if I've said this but take me off Edexcel History. Might be changing Chemistry to Economics aswell.

i've removed you and okay let me know :h:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Biology - WJEC

:tongue:

added you :smile:

Original post by pathosL
i have maths on friday, chem and physics on thursday which i think im gonna fail

ahhh best of luck :h:
Reply 5179
Original post by iJess

Get well soon! Have some Lemsip and get plenty of sleep.

Latest