The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cr = 1s2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 3d5, 4s1

Cu = 1s2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 3d10, 4s1

D sub shell can hold 10, and it's more stable to have the 5 orbitals either half filled or fully filled.
Original post by L'Evil Fish

D sub shell can hold 10, and it's more stable to have the 5 orbitals either half filled or fully filled.

I thought 4s comes before 3d... Or is it just for this case?
Reply 5262
Original post by pathosL
i missed a 3 hour lesson and was only notified of a test yesterday night, i had no time to learn so much content :/

That's not very nice of them.
Original post by L'Evil Fish

4s comes before 3d :colondollar:
Original post by Elm Tree
I thought 4s comes before 3d... Or is it just for this case?

4s fills before 3d, but you'd write it before the 4. It isn't "wrong" to write 3d after but it's correct to have it in ascending order.

Eg

X = 25 (don't know which element that is :colondollar:)

1s2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 3d5, 4s2

Even though the order of filling is 4s then 3d :smile:
Original post by techno836
Think i'm going bed ..... deep thoughts, bad day ... best just to write it all off :frown:

Sleep well my son
Reply 5266
hey guys (new to this), i'm an arts guy so i'm doing:
English Literature
History
Philosophy
Classical Civilisation

and hoping to get to cambridge for theology

anyone doing anything similar in this humanities range?
I also got 6A* 4A 1B at GCSE :smile:
So... anyone else headed for the Hull Politics Conference tomorrow? :cool:
I only have an hour and a half of frees a week! :eek:
8:15 - 3:45 on Mondays, 8:40 - 3:15 on Tuesdays and Fridays, 8:40 - 3:45 on Wednesdays and 8:30 - 3:45 on Thursdays. What time is yours?
Reply 5270
You get 24 frees a fortnight?! I get 11 a fortnight, but most of those are last lesson so I just come home. Out school day is 8:50-3:05.
Reply 5271
I only get 5 frees a week, but that totals up to 7.5 hours. :smile:

Tutorial/Form only lasts for half a period, so that's then 8.25 hours, and enrichment is 3 hours a week, so the total is then 11.25.

If you then add in all the breaks throughout the week (we get a 15 minute break between each lesson which is far too long imo, it's too short to do anything productive, so I just go to the student centre - common room - and chill), I have a grand total of 18 hours and 55 minutes of free time throughout the week whilst in college. :biggrin:

I'm in lessons for 18 hours and 45 minutes altogether, so I actually have more free time than lesson time. :tongue:
Haven't done much? You might as well have made Windows 9 compared to my class, the most complicated matter we've tackled is... well... we made a list of user interfaces (eg. forms and GUIs), and we made a part time work form for homework. In Microsoft Publisher. :awesome: I asked my teacher about programming and apparently it isn't a mandatory part of the course in any real form so I probably won't even get to where you are, OCR everyone! :rolleyes:
In terms of lessons I have 25 hours 25 minutes of lessons a week :frown:
Also, I've succumbed to the appeal of iOS 7 and it failed after an hour of waiting :mad:. Now my phone's in recovery mode but at least when it's recovered it'll have the new software. I seriously cannot remember the last time I tried to update my phone and this didn't happen :rolleyes:
Mother****ing #base looool
Ha, you college students always on about your "free periods" pffffttt! I jest, it's been immensely stressful as my week's are basically filled to the brim with extra-curriculars, jobs, trading, my business etc. on the whole though, class sizes have reduced somewhat and they have both people in my year and the one above. Coursework is somewhat more interesting - especially Physics and Math. The workload has also increased greatly, I'm expected to study 15-22 hours per week - ain't gonna happen and NABs are the devil's second coming as well.
Stand outside a shop for 45 mins. Everyday. Without fail.
Reply 5278
At break and lunch I just tend to sit and chat with my friends. In my free periods I normally do work or help prepare stuff for my school's charity week.
Original post by SophieB1997
In terms of lessons I have 25 hours 25 minutes of lessons a week :frown:

Soooo lucky! I have to take a mandatory enrichment(Recording Studio for me) because Secondary 5 students aren't allowed frees, It's fairly easygoing though, no exams, just the occasional schoolwide performances and guest appearances.

Latest