The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
If this isn't the most awesome thing you've seen all day then I don't know what is :awesome: . I want, like, twenty :ahee: .

Definitely awesome!
Original post by usycool1
I actually like that :awesome:

Original post by Red Fox
Definitely awesome!

I'd buy one ('cause to be fair that is a very reasonable price!), but it says that the estimated dispatch is in June 2014, by which time I will have finished with physics as I'm probably going to drop it after AS :emo: .

Still want one though :mmm:
Reply 7162
Original post by techno836
That quite a while then :L

I know :frown: :frown:

I just want them, I don't want a big fuss about it!
Reply 7163
If this isn't the most awesome thing you've seen all day then I don't know what is :awesome: . I want, like, twenty :ahee: .

Now that's cool :biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
We have 3 teachers so unit 2 is split between them 2 modules each

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have 2! So that probably explains it.

Ugh, unlucky, mine's at the end of January. Not looking forward to it, in my experience parents' evenings always end horribly for everyone involved :frown: :sigh:

Chem guys; I finished Unit 1 (OCR) a while ago, so if anyone needs a hand I'll certainly try to assist :colondollar:

I don't mind, although I have two teachers for each and the ones that aren't particularly my favourites are the ones I'm getting :colonhash:

A while ago? :eek: we still haven't :colonhash:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
We have 2! So that probably explains it.

Module 3 is just enthalpy and then some boring stuff (unless you're into equilibria and stuff). Module 4 just looks like a gcse section:mmm:

My unit 1 teacher is so bad. She was decent for gcse chem but now it's ridiculous. She sets loads of homework then we spend the next lesson marking the 5/6 pieces of homework but then she doesnt teach us anything so she sets another 5 pieces of homework. She hasn't taught me a single thing this year:unimpressed:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
Module 3 is just enthalpy and then some boring stuff (unless you're into equilibria and stuff). Module 4 just looks like a gcse section:mmm:

My unit 1 teacher is so bad. She was decent for gcse chem but now it's ridiculous. She sets loads of homework then we spend the next lesson marking the 5/6 pieces of homework but then she doesnt teach us anything so she sets another 5 pieces of homework. She hasn't taught me a single thing this year:unimpressed:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this still Unit 1? Because I swear we've nearly finished it without that stuff, that's unit 2?

They do that there, the Marking homework in class but they do teach :yep: we've been focusing on ISAs
Is this still Unit 1? Because I swear we've nearly finished it without that stuff, that's unit 2?

They do that there, the Marking homework in class but they do teach :yep: we've been focusing on ISAs

Sorry I mean unit 2 module 3. We've just done titrations and you've almost finished:facepalm:. Haven't even got on to the 'new' stuff. Only thing I know now that I didn't know at gcse for unit 1 is water of crystallization.

We've done practice ones for physics but no actual ones. The biologists in my school have done one but we're doing a physics on in January.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
A while ago? :eek: we still haven't :colonhash:

Yeah to be honest for the past few weeks we've just been revising. We also had one of the policemen involved in the Alexander Litvinenko case (only 'cause they're now a teacher at my school :tongue: ) give us a talk about radioactivity and such, which was really cool! :biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
Sorry I mean unit 2 module 3. We've just done titrations and you've almost finished:facepalm:. Haven't even got on to the 'new' stuff. Only thing I know now that I didn't know at gcse for unit 1 is water of crystallization.

We've done practice ones for physics but no actual ones. The biologists in my school have done one but we're doing a physics on in January.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah, we're doing an ISA in 2 weeks (was meant to be this week but got moved).

We've been practising the other sciences as well :yep:

Yeah to be honest for the past few weeks we've just been revising. We also had one of the policemen involved in the Alexander Litvinenko case (only 'cause they're now a teacher at my school :tongue: ) give us a talk about radioactivity and such, which was really cool! :biggrin:

:woo: that's awesome, sounds really exciting!
I do all essay and coursework subjects so I hear people takling about *proper* science subjects (I do applied science) and i'm like...
WHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? :tongue:
Have moved into my new room with the people I'll be staying with for the next 2 years :awesome: Have to connect to the internet by routing the wireless through my phone and then into my computer by USB, but that shouldn't be necessary by tomorrow :tongue:
So today I arranged to go, by myself, to stay on a farm more than 100 miles away from where I live, with people I've never met before, to assist with lambing 1200 ewes over Easter and the February half term. I'm gonna fail my A-Levels, but now I have the opportunity to play with lickle baby sheepsies, so it's okay :h:

Original post by Spacey368
I do all essay and coursework subjects so I hear people takling about *proper* science subjects (I do applied science) and i'm like...
WHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? :tongue:

Haha, in contrast I do no essay subjects (I now realise that that was a stupid idea) so my ability to write has died :redface:

Original post by MangoFreak
Have moved into my new room with the people I'll be staying with for the next 2 years :awesome: Have to connect to the internet by routing the wireless through my phone and then into my computer by USB, but that shouldn't be necessary by tomorrow :tongue:

What happened to the situation where you thought you'd have to move back to Australia? (No problem if it's personal or you don't want to share or whatever, I'm just asking 'cause I was away for a while so I assume I missed it :colondollar: ) It's great that you managed to stay, either way :smile:
Any OCR critical thinkers??? i just start Unit 1 and the mock is on mid January.. Help needed. Advice needed.
What happened to the situation where you thought you'd have to move back to Australia? (No problem if it's personal or you don't want to share or whatever, I'm just asking 'cause I was away for a while so I assume I missed it :colondollar: ) It's great that you managed to stay, either way :smile:

I would have had to, but I'm staying with friends now :smile: They live literally 20 metres from my previous abode :mmm: Leaving for Australia on Thursday, coming back first Friday of January :five:
Original post by JackTeh96
Any OCR critical thinkers??? i just start Unit 1 and the mock is on mid January.. Help needed. Advice needed.

I think I did OCR, in Year 11 (pretty sure it was OCR). I thought Unit 1 seemed pretty easy (seemed to do well in mocks) but ended up with a C. However, if you're good at creating your own arguments, it's perfectly possible to do well overall while still doing relatively poorly in Unit 1. I ended up with an A overall thanks to 98 UMS in Unit 2 :awesome:
Reply 7176
Original post by Tibbz2
I know :frown: :frown:

I just want them, I don't want a big fuss about it!

same :frown:
Tips on memorising?
Like formulas for maths and science and units and ions/valebcies in chem, names of substances etc.
Does anyone find writing it out over and over again doesnt always work? :s
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7178
Original post by JackTeh96

Did this last year, you can bluff Unit 2 entirely so long as you use the right sort of words and make it sound intelligent. Unit 1 is a bit more revision but again, bluff it. Look at a lot of model answers to get the style of answer into your head :smile:

I got 198/200 UMS with 5 minutes revision, so I don't think spending hours on it is really that necessary. It's more about getting the into the swing of using the phrases and techniques the examiners want to see.
Reply 7179
Original post by Nat_LPS
Tips on memorising?
Like formulas for maths and science and units and ions/valebcies in chem, names of substances etc.
Does anyone find writing it out over and over again doesn't always work? :s
Posted from TSR Mobile

you don't have to remember most formula's they are given to you :smile:

perhaps you're just not a kinetic learner and would benefit from another method like having them on a card that you place in a specific spot in your room where you'll notice it everyday ( for visual learners)

if you're and auditory learner then its best if you record your self saying them and play it every so often, or even just saying them yourself ( or another person) a few times a day will definitely help :smile: :h: best of luck :smile:

as for valencies in chemistry don't memorise just learn how to write them and read them off the periodic table :smile:

Latest