The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NikolaT
All this talk about not being as good as Year 11 makes me wish I was here for it.

I tend to over exaggerate things :u:
Original post by Spacey368
You guys made me miss the 9300 post milestone :frown:

Who had that :colondollar:
Reply 9102
Original post by Red Fox
C4 and S1 in July for me:tongue: Might do FP2/FP3 in August depending on how I feel:biggrin:. Good luck with that, not many medics in my year surprisingly, only 1 or 2 with a realistic chance

Pretty much like in my school, me and one of my friends are the only two who stand a chance in medicine because nobody else is trying to put the effort on the courses.
Original post by sarahiscool
I iz bakkkkkk !!!!

AHHHHHH I REMEMBRYOU!!! I AM BACK ALSO :biggrin:
Original post by Giulia Z
Hehe there seems to be a sore lack of Tsarist Russia aid here (my school just had to pick the most obscure topic) so I was wondering if anyone did know anything (I'm kinda desperate)! And thanks! I'd like to get into biology at uni :smile: You?

yes we need to work on that tsr!! :colonhash: thas cool! philosophy :smile:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Year 12 seems dead :colondollar: Yr 11 was better :tongue:

FOREVERSTRONG <3 I AM BACK!!! have you not seen my revival attempts? :redface:

Original post by NikolaT
All this talk about not being as good as Year 11 makes me wish I was here for it.

the year 11 thread was pretty cool, one could also go so far as to say it was legendary :colonhash:
(edited 10 years ago)
GUYS I HAVE EXCITING NEWS... I THINK?

ok so I don't know if y'all know of the social mobility foundation, but they offer two week internships in the summer.... the
deadline for applications was 27th January, but I think not that many applied so they have places left to apply for!

http://www.socialmobility.org.uk/programmes/residential-programmes/

they sent me an email with the following info - not sure how much still applies though (they're slow to update :tongue:) but Whitehall (what I've applied for) Is definitely available!!
CH2M HILL Engineering Residential
Nearing capacity
KPMG Accountancy Residential Nearing capacity
Linklaters Law Residential Nearing capacity
JP Morgan Banking Residential
Places available
Whitehall ResidentialPlaces available

definitely worth a go! :smile:
Original post by tara8000

ok so I don't know if y'all know of the social mobility foundation, but they offer two week internships in the summer.... the
deadline for applications was 27th January, but I think not that many applied so they have places left to apply for!

they sent me an email with the following info - not sure how much still applies though (they're slow to update :tongue:) but Whitehall (what I've applied for) Is definitely available!!
Nearing capacity
Places available

That sounds really cool. :cool: But I want to go into film so maybe not! :tongue:
Who had that :colondollar:

:angry:
You did!
Thanks for the info Tara. I remember looking through SMF's website a couple of months ago and I was all like omg it's what I've always wanted for work experience.

The look on my face when I realised I was ineligible for anything. :frown:

Good luck to all applicants though.

Nearing capacity
Places available

Also both my mum and my dad went to Uni so I wouldn't fit the entry criteria anyway.
Also both my mum and my dad went to Uni so I wouldn't fit the entry criteria anyway.

I don't fit the background criteria either oh well

Nearing capacity
Places available

I've come across something I think you might be interested in too! The University of Birmingham HEI summer school at the end of August! They do theology and philosophy and they pay for absolutely everything! I'm going to apply for my medicine slot! x:biggrin:
AHHHHHH I REMEMBRYOU!!! I AM BACK ALSO :biggrin:

FOREVERSTRONG <3 I AM BACK!!! have you not seen my revival attempts? :redface:

the year 11 thread was pretty cool, one could also go so far as to say it was legendary :colonhash:

Heya Darling :smile: You went? Im sorry I havent been on since a month :colondollar: So no i prob didnt see :tongue:

:angry:
You did!

EEeeee oh my bad soz! :creep:
Original post by NikolaT
Thanks for the info Tara. I remember looking through SMF's website a couple of months ago and I was all like omg it's what I've always wanted for work experience.

The look on my face when I realised I was ineligible for anything. :frown:

Good luck to all applicants though.

Original post by Futuremedic2096
I don't fit the background criteria either oh well

man this is such a bummer :/... I think you can still apply though if you don't fit criteria in the FAQs... spesh as there are places left :tongue: idk...I tried :redface:
I've come across something I think you might be interested in too! The University of Birmingham HEI summer school at the end of August! They do theology and philosophy and they pay for absolutely everything! I'm going to apply for my medicine slot! x:biggrin:

ooooooo thank you!!! :biggrin:

EEeeee oh my bad soz! :creep:

:colonhash:
Starting to really hate applied science and all the F***ing maths involved - should have done government and politics or sociology instead. :frown:
What's applied science?
What's applied science?

Science with added coursework. Basically for thick people like me who cant hack science a - levels and don't have GCSEs in maths.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/a-level/applied-science-8770

Hopefully I'll find some other suffering historians like me on this thread :3 Philosophy is incredibly interesting! What interests you particularly about it?
What's applied science?

Furthermore the 'science' that we are learning is TRIPLE SCIENCE HIGHER GCSE LEVEL and even I struggle with that!
So year my applied 'science' a - level *cough* is rather pointless.
Man I've been posting too much today :colondollar:
I need to get some work done :colonhash:

Latest