The Student Room Group

Open University or University of London International

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi smsmasters
can't comment on your particular choice of courses, but I'm a bit disappointed with my OU experience. Maths foundation - passed OK almost got a credit and summer school quite good, but assigned tutor was pretty uninspiring, boring tutorials, just going through the motions - not what you want to see on your first course. Science foundation - pretty good course, interesting material enjoyed it. Summer school not bad - met a couple of very good tutors, but hated multiple choice exam - not sure if they still do that? Then a Stats course - again interesting material but tutor not really helpful, distant, I just felt there was a lack of commitment on their part. Anyway not going back to OU next time (ie 2014). Looking for a online physics degree but no luck so far, so maybe have to change tack to electronics.
So I wouldn't just discount University of London International - see what other people say.
If they did a physics/maths/stats degree then I'd certainly consider them.
Reply 2
UofL International is "on your own" although you can go to the VLE discussion board and set up study groups with other people taking the same courses. I heard the exams are tough though. I read in the Intro to Economics forum that people got 40s and 50s in this year's exam.
Reply 3
dxo
OP
Original post by reyjusuf
UofL International is "on your own" although you can go to the VLE discussion board and set up study groups with other people taking the same courses. I heard the exams are tough though. I read in the Intro to Economics forum that people got 40s and 50s in this year's exam.

Link please?
Reply 4
Original post by smsmasters
Link please?

hmm.. it's actually on the VLE forum and you have to register to access that. I screencapped the discussion and blurred the names
Reply 5
hmm.. it's actually on the VLE forum and you have to register to access that. I screencapped the discussion and blurred the names

Hi reyjusuf
have you studied with the OU and/or UofL ? JUst wondering how the quality of their material compares.
Reply 6
I actually just registered for BSc Mathematics and Economics. They sent me the study guides (which you can also download from the VLE) and reading lists (must buy the textbooks). The study guides contains sample exam papers.

That's only if they are good enough to pass. There is a very high number of fails. And it is the toughest course in the entire degree (from what i heard/read) .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending