Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here It Is
    The New Current Year 10 Thread
    !

:party:

Heres to hoping it better success than the other one

Thread for all Yr 10's out there but older guys feel free to join in the fun!

Ice-Breaker Questions

What subjects have you chosen for GCSE?
    Are you awaiting any results on the 22nd?
    Favourite subjects?
    Interests Hobbies?
    Nervous/Excited about starting Year 10

Spoiler:
    Show

Gilo98
    Hello, I'm Gilo98 and this year I will be taking GCSE's in Maths, Triple Science, English, Geography, History, Business, French and German. I love pretty much all my GCSE subjects apart from Business!! I am a hopeful multi-linguist and enjoy a variety of sports such as tennis and football. I also like other bits such as reading and have a disturbing obsession with stationary. Oh and if there seems to be a lack of emoticons or exclamation marks in my posts, that generally means I'm pissed off! Feel free to PM me with any questions, especially if there're to do with Maths, English or French!

Martie08
    Hey, I’m Martie! I’m taking 12 GCSEs. My options are Triple Science, Business, French, History, Geography, Comp Sci and Statistics, so I can help/discuss those with people if you want I don’t have very many hobbies… I like to read, listen to music, bake, occasionally write code/read tech reviews and look at TSR. I occasionally force myself to go to social things like parties and cinema outings in order to somewhat comply with social norms. I'm more academic than sporty, but I enjoy watching football and athletics.

Iceman5363
    Hey, My name is Fionn and I am going into year 10! In my school you get to pick 3 GCSE's. The GCSE's that I chose were, Triple Science, DT Product Design and Business Studies. The subjects that I have to do are Maths, English, ICT, RS and Science (I chose it as Triple Science). Some of my hobbies include football, cricket, karting, gaming and music! My favorite kind of music is 80's-90's hip hop. If you want to ask about, or discuss, any of the things mentioned here feel free to PM me!

Marii101
    Hey everyone, I'm Mary (As my username suggests) and I'm 14. I'll be starting Yr10 this September (2013) and unlike most of the other posters, I only got to choose 1 GCSE in Yr8. Seeing as I'm pretty good at playing the piano (despite my lack of regular practice and having only played it for around a year) I chose Music. So all together, I'm doing Triple Science, Music, History, R.S, ICT (BTEC, as they scraped DiDa), Maths, English Lit, Lang & Dig Com, and I'm hoping to self-teach Mandarin GCSE. My hobbies include; Listening to music (mostly Korean Hip Hop, R&B and Soul (sometimes KPOP) and Chinese Pop); Playing the piano (mostly classics like Claire de Lune and Raindrop Prelude), playing geeky, children games like Sims 3 (who else is stoked for the Sims 4 release next year???); Learning languages (Korean, Chinese(Mandarin) & French); Watching Asian dramas.I hope to study at Oxford or some school renowned for the course I'm interested like Imperial College or LSE. I'm a sometimes-failing-optimist about everything so I won't be easily offended (don't use it as an opportunity to test my temper, though.) So, if you see me on the thread, don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

psychMaggie
    Hellooo, my name is Maggie as my username suggests and I joined TSR because I plan things 5 years in advance(I'm not the only one right??), and that includes planning my education (Well joining might have had something to do with the fact the summer holidays can get a bit boring) Introduction over, here are the GCSE'S i'll be starting this September! My compulsory subjects are English Lit&Lang, Maths, triple Science, Citizenship & R.E, P.E , and ICT! Then in my options I chose German, History(Crime & Punishment), Music and Biology... aside from classes, I really love music, and will talk endlessly about bands. Finally, I really want to become a mental health nurse, and aim to study that at Leeds Uni I don't apologise for the amount of smilies used in this overly long paragraph.

rcmehta
    Hi, I'm rcmehta. For my options, I've taken French, Geography, Computer Science, Business Studies and Triple Science. I am also taking my Maths A Level 3 years early. If you have any questions or advice for these subjects plus the subjects you must do, feel free to PM me. My hobbies range quite a lot from programming to playing cricket and badminton. Like a lot of the others, I force myself to go to "social gatherings" to be "normal". I also love anything to do with technology . Feel free to PM on just about anything

Astrtricks
    Hi, I'm Robbie I'm taking Latin, Spanish, History & DT along with the usual english, (further) maths & triple science. I'm half spanish but my attempts at speaking it are woeful (I have a good accent). In my spare time I enjoy playing rugby, lots of ruggers (only ruggers though not any of that 6 tackles 13 man game which doesn't deserve the name of 'rugby'), hence also why my nose is bent and I had cauliflower ears. Watching rugby and IPL and 20/20 as well as going on the internet, TSR and ready techy computery things. I also have a unnatural obbseion with baking and deserts. Daily I amuse my self by taking the micky out of my friends accent and bannnnnnta! On occasion I drag my self to social gatherings in an attempt to be social in place I'm expected to drink or in my case pour it into plant pots.

Chillsnotskills
    Hi all, my name is mimi (short for Miriam) I'm going into year 10 this September and I am taking 11 GCSES. I have to take English Language, English literature, Maths, Bio, Phys, Chem. My options are, Product design, it, Spanish, religious studies and geography. I am a general wierdo and get along with most people, in my spare time I enjoy skateboarding and snow sports. I'm part Nigerian, Barbadian, English, Belgian, American and Canadian..I have multinational family tree ok. I can't wait to get to know you all. If anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me.

_-_Ella_-_
    Hey, My name is Ella. I will be going into year 10. I am taking English lit, English language (IGCSE), Sociology, Computer Science, History, Religious Studies, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Maths and If I get a good enough mark in Maths I will be doing Statistics. I like all different types of music.

NathalieGW
    Hey, i'm Nathalie. I am in year 10 and my GCSE's are Maths, Double English Double Science, Computer Science, P.E, Geography, History, IT , R.S and Art.My favourite subjects are Maths, Geography, English and P.E. My hobbies are reading, playing tennis and swimming. My interests are literature, accounting, current news affairs and politics. When I'm older I would like to be an accountant.

Pendulum3
    Hi, I'm Pendulum3 and I'm doing History, Sociology, IT and was meant to do Urdu but the school has asked me to drop it and choose another subject, so I'm going to see what subject are avaliable. My favourite subject at the moment is History, we're learning about American boom. I hope this year I put my foot on the pedal as I want to get good grades for Maths and Science, I still have a dream of becoming a doctor or a nurse, even better if I got to work at a Childrens Hospital, it's a personal thing for me, but I'm the average sets for both Subject. In English, I'm in a good high set which is a bonus I guess, but I'd like to succeed more in Maths and Science to, and it's not because I have got Asian parents I generally want to become a doctor. Thanks for reading,Pendulum3

OWN4G3
    Hello! My name is OWN4G3, and this year I started Year 10. In year 9, I done GCSEs in Spanish and ICT, I got As in both so I am reasonably happy. The GCSEs I will take in the next two years are Maths, Statistics, English Lang. and Lit, Triple Science, RE, Geography, Economics and History. My favourite subjects are Maths and History, because I find these subjects fairly easy and it isn't difficult to understand them. I like playing and watching football, I support Arsenal (The Gooners) and I also like paying FIFA and other games. I have started year 10, I am not nervous, I have mixed feelings about starting year 10. Thank you.

Midnightmemories
    Hey! I'm Midnightmemories. But I'm really called Verity. I'm in Year 10, and I do English lit, English Lang, double science, maths(I suck!) Re, ICT. Those are my compulsory subjects. My option subjects are Music, Textlies, Food Tech and Child Care. My favourite subjects are my option ones because I really enjoy them all and I don't feel pressured as much in them. I play the violin at grade 3 level, and I play piano just for fun. I support Newcastle United because that's the team my family support. I don't live there though. Music wise, I love One Direction, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Passenger, Ellie Goulding, Imagine Dragons and Paramore. Those are just a few of the music I like though. I am currently fourteen, and with a birthday of the twentieth of October my birthday isn't that far away. I am feeling a bit nervous, because I have the fact that the classes get mixed up with people from the other half and people in my other half hate me!

AMYC1999
    Hi, I'm Amy, I'm 14, In Year 10 and I'm taking IGCSE English Lang (this year) and IGCSE lit (i think), Triple Science, GCSE ICT, Re, P.E and Citizenship and Maths both which I sit exams in this year. My choices are Health and Social Care and Geography. I like some of my subjects like my options. Worst subject is maths and I think I'm starting to not like English too. I play the keyboard. I listen to mainstream music and Kpop. My hobbies are just going on the internet, watching movies, dramas, animes etc and reading, I don't mind sports but I'm not playing any right now (used to play netball). Year 10 is ok so far.

Canttellyou
    Hi my name is Ismahan, most people can't say my name but it's said how it's spelt! Anyway, my options are Triple science, French, Geography, Re, Pe, Maths, and English. I love baking and trying to make new things, although it fails a lot of the time. I'm much more academic than sporty but I love to swim and play tennis

Purple-Pixie
    Hi, I'm Fran I will be taking IGCSE's in English Lit, English Lang, Maths and double Science and I will be taking GCSE's in R.S, ICT, Psychology and Spanish, my option subjects. My favourite subject is R.S. My hobbies are basically just reading, going on the Internet and playing video games like Sims 3 and Pokemon which probably seems childish! Year 10 is going well so far, I'm enjoying not having to do subjects that I hate!

soozeywoo
    Hello! I'm Susie I'm 14 and in Year 10 (as you've probably guessed!). I'm taking Eng Lang and Lit, Maths, triple Science, core REP, core PE (thankfully non-examined!), History, French, German and Business Studies (not my first choice, I wanted to Geography, but that didn't fit the time table). History is my absoute FAVE, although I don't mind English and Maths. My hobbies include procrastination, tumblr (I'm in a HELLA lot of fandoms), and reading. The aforementioned fandoms include Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Sherlock, Orphan Black, Supernatural, Les Mis, and the list goes on! I have recently started learning the piano (partly because I needed a skill for Duke of Edinburgh!). I'm really enjoying Year 10 so far, although I'm slightly concerned about the increasing workload!

teenqueen
    Hola amigos! I'm Marwa and I think you all know what school year I'm in (year 10 just in case). My all time hobbies include *drum roll* procrastinating, listening to music, learning about science (biology and specifically microbiology cause thats my dream job), watching TV and fangirling. I'm in LOADS of fandoms: HARRY POTTER (I ACTUALLY LOVE HARRY POTTER), SHERLOCK, DOCTOR WHO, STAR WARS, STAR STREK, ONE DIRECTION, BIG BANG THEORY, PARAMORE, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, DAVID ATTENBOROUGH DOCUMENTARIES, THE FRAY, GOO GOO DOLLS, JANOSKIANS, ED SHEERAN AND LOADS LOADS LOADS MORE. um im taking Maths, Triple Science, English, Geography, Media Studies, French core pe (thank god its not gonna be examined cause im really crap at it) and yeah i think thats it oh and i worry loads about the earth and life because idk. live long and prosper

Aeronautics
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hello there, I'm 14 years old and a keen aeronautics enthusiast.
    My favourite subjects are Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science.
    The things i like best about school are my friends, the atmosphere and the teachers.I would like to become either a pilot or aeronautical (flight/helicopter) engineer in the future. Firstly i would like to achieve my predicted grades at gcse, then progress on to a-levels and hopefully a degree in aeronautical engineering.

Aeuronautics

PS: Neggers....:stink:

ReputationRep:
    INVASION! :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Well isn't this exciting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    INVASION! :wavey:
    (Original post by Decerto)
    Well isn't this exciting?
    Is it bad that the first post was a year 11?

Where are the year 10s???? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)

No. The year 11s are cool! We are only here to help and try to be nice.

More people join the thread when the academic year nears the end.

ReputationRep:
    No. The year 11s are cool! We are only here to help and try to be nice.

More people join the thread when the academic year nears the end.
    Cool? I dont think so, erm..yeah sure Theres loads posting threads about getting 6a's and stuff but there not here!! Frightened it will be Yr 9 thread all over again :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Definitely! But because it's me, it's all good!

They won't be here for a while! Your thread will pick up though, eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Cool? You guys are the coolest. I wish I was in your year. Theres loads posting threads about getting 6a's and stuff but there not here!! Frightened it will be Yr 9 thread all over again :rolleyes:
    Don't flatter us. Who doesn't want to be in our year?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Good luck guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! But because it's me, it's all good!

They won't be here for a while! Your thread will pick up though, eventually.
    It better do!

Don't flatter us. Who doesn't want to be in our year?
    Not me!! All those exams in June? No thanks, I'l wait another year before that

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Good luck guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!! See, this is how you behave Vionar and Decerto!

Hellooooo....well done on your C1 btw!

ReputationRep:
    It better do!

Not me!! All those exams in June? No thanks, I'l wait another year before that
    Contrary to the majority, I am looking forward to the exam season.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Each to their own

ReputationRep:
    :five: So am I!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :five: So am I!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well that didnt work then

seems my tactic has worked...no neggs!!

ReputationRep:

What didn't work?

I wouldn't speak yet... They'll come!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Don't temp the trolls. And anyway thanks for making the new thread

ReputationRep:
    What didn't work?

I wouldn't speak yet... They'll come!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When I said I wouldnt want to be in Year 11 because of the exams......
    I think im one of those members who would revenge negg if i had a subscription

ReputationRep:
    When I said I wouldnt want to be in Year 11 because of the exams......
    I think im one of those members who would revenge negg if i had a subscription
    Do you not have to do GCSE's in year 10 at your school?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.