The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

How do i know when my accommodation has been approved?

Hi i am starting at Lancaster in October, and applied for accommodation on the 6th of June, when should i expect a notice about accommodation?

[EDIT]: Lancaster was my insurance choice, forgot to mention that, i think it makes a difference.
Reply 1
I'm not sure what the exact procedure is for insurancers, but it could be up to mid-September-ish until you will hear anything back from them.

Some have already gotten replies, but I imagine most haven't - I haven't for one.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Astonix
I'm not sure what the exact procedure is for insurancers, but it could be up to mid-September-ish until you will hear anything back from them.

Some have already gotten replies, but I imagine most haven't - I haven't for one.

Ok, thanks I was getting worried that everyone else accommodation was confirmed and mine wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Reply 3
Original post by MMAGuy
Hi i am starting at Lancaster in October, and applied for accommodation on the 6th of June, when should i expect a notice about accommodation?

[EDIT]: Lancaster was my insurance choice, forgot to mention that, i think it makes a difference.

Firmers 100% get accommodation. And most insurancers don't, so if I was you look at accommodation in the town.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh damn. Should I be looking for private accommodation then? :/

Reply 5
Original post by MMAGuy
Oh damn. Should I be looking for private accommodation then? :/

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by TessSCSA
NO! This year they've even guaranteed accomodation for clearing and adjustment students!!!

If you read properly he said he was an insurancer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah I called them up and they said its not very likely. Really gutted :/

Reply 8
YES!
Got an email from Lancaster uni accommodation stating this:
We would like to reassure you that you will be placed in accommodation on campus

Reply 9
Original post by MMAGuy
YES!

I'm an insurance student and they've told me I have to stay off campus I'm furious as to why CLEARING students have a priority over us insurance students?! I got AAA!
Reply 10
Original post by MMAGuy
YES!

I got that email as well. But I m furious that I won't be allocated an ideal room.....
Reply 11
Original post by tseyan
I got that email as well. But I m furious that I won't be allocated an ideal room.....

Well, didn't you read up on accommodation and insurance offer holders?

I thought it was common knowledge that insurance offer holders don't get priority.

Original post by MMAGuy

I thought it was common knowledge that insurance offer holders don't get priority.

It's not that I don't get priority which is an issue, it's that clearance holders get priority over us. If you were told you got off campus accommodation as a result of this I'm pretty sure you would agree with how we feel. It's illogical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by CoolCat94
It's not that I don't get priority which is an issue, it's that clearance holders get priority over us. If you were told you got off campus accommodation as a result of this I'm pretty sure you would agree with how we feel. It's illogical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its true, I was pretty annoyed when I heard this a a month or so ago, I can only imagine that it's to attract students through clearing or something.

But yeah definitely annoying especially we are confirmed before clearing offer holders.

Reply 14
Original post by MMAGuy

I know that insurancer don't get priority but I just wonder that why clearing students get priority over insurancer...
Reply 15
Hi, I don't know if this is relevant to any of you but I have a studio in Lancaster (located in the city centre) that I'm trying to find a new tenant/tenants for. I've advertised it here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2444717. Message me if you're interested. :smile:
Due to the high number of applicants this year, we are unable to provide on campus accommodation for all incoming students. However, we are able to guarantee that all first year students coming to Lancaster this year will be allocated accommodation whether on or off campus. We have designed an off-campus accommodation package that will ensure all students placed off campus will benefit from high quality accommodation choices and an excellent student lifestyle.

This week you will receive further information regarding our off-campus accommodation, including the details of the off-campus accommodation package, the application process, and opportunities for viewing the accommodation. We strongly recommend that you wait until you have received this information before making any decisions regarding accommodation in your first year.

In the meantime, if you have any queries, please contact our Accommodation hotline on 01524 594910.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending