heterophobia Watch

This discussion is closed.
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There was a thing in the Guardian today which would be laughable if it wasnt so disturbing. Its a group of Christian nutters in the USA who class homosexuality as a "mental disorder" and say it can be "cured". Pricks

Its at http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...183596,00.html
KuinKra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's how the CU in Oxford view it - they constantly pray for those "poor souls" to be "cured". They are just so arrogant and annoying - one of my sister's friends asked to be taken off the mailing list, and they prayed for her.

ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ToshTrent)
A huge stigma hangs with the reputation of being gay. That's why alot of us males are homophobic. I don't want to be thought of as gay just because I'm friends with one, stay away from them and then no problems with the rep.
Why the hell do you care :mad: People think im all sorts of things, but im not, and thats why i dont care
fifi53
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
There was a thing in the Guardian today which would be laughable if it wasnt so disturbing. Its a group of Christian nutters in the USA who class homosexuality as a "mental disorder" and say it can be "cured". Pricks

Its at http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...183596,00.html
think they only removed homosexuality from the diagnostic books here a few decades ago. it used to be an illness itself but also a criteria for loads of mental conditions - ie various personality disorders - but thankfully britain is intelligent enouigh to see what a load of bull that was.
Tev
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by greenrevolt)
I am gay yes but my 3 best guy friends are straight! they are special though-not a lot of that going around plus it doesnt really show am gay. practically none of my gay friends has any straight male friends
i'm gay and all my friends are male and straight. i don't have any gay friends! :confused:
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So we keep hearing so much about homophobia, hate crimes and all that. but what about heterophobia? does it really exist?
hahaha. if it's true then what a turn of events!
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So we keep hearing so much about homophobia, hate crimes and all that. but what about heterophobia? does it really exist?
I don't think it really does, there may be the odd homosexual person who has it but generally no. This is because we live in a prodominantly Hetrosexual environment so most homosexuals are used to heterosexuals where as some heterosexuals don't really know any gay people and this might be why they are so against them.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)
It's not his fault that society has certain attitudes Hayden.

But it's he that perpetuates it.
We make up society, so obviously our actions and attitudes shape it.
So, in a way, it is his fault.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads