The Student Room Group

Walt Disney World International Programs - Cultural Representative/Cultural Exchange

Anyone applying to these programs for 2014, I know there's an official forum, but I thought if there were any tsr users applying (or people who have been on the program) we could share experiences of the application process as well as tips! :smile:

Well, I'm applying to the Cultural exchange program (3 months) for Florida :smile:
Reply 1
Hello!

I'm applying for it too! Hopefully we can help each other through the process :smile: I'm applying for the cultural exchange program, though I admit I'm still not sure really of the differences between the two, other than the Exchange only being for the summer and the representations program being for 12 months.

Let me know how your application is going!

Chloe x
Reply 2
Original post by Fruit-twist
Anyone applying to these programs for 2014, I know there's an official forum, but I thought if there were any tsr users applying (or people who have been on the program) we could share experiences of the application process as well as tips! :smile:

Well, I'm applying to the Cultural exchange program (3 months) for Florida :smile:

quoting you just so you know i've responded :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by choly7
Hello!

I'm applying for it too! Hopefully we can help each other through the process :smile: I'm applying for the cultural exchange program, though I admit I'm still not sure really of the differences between the two, other than the Exchange only being for the summer and the representations program being for 12 months.

Let me know how your application is going!

Chloe x

Hi, sorry haven't been on here for a while! Since I submitted my app haven't heard anything but will deff keep you updated. Wbu? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Assuming I get my passport in time, I'm applying for Cultural Exchange along with my girlfriend :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, sorry haven't been on here for a while! Since I submitted my app haven't heard anything but will deff keep you updated. Wbu? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by PotatoM
Assuming I get my passport in time, I'm applying for Cultural Exchange along with my girlfriend :smile:

hey guys, i got an email about the group interview stage today. where are your interviews at?
Reply 6
Hi I got an interview too on the 19th October in London but don't think I can make it, whens yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi I got an interview too on the 19th October in London but don't think I can make it, whens yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine's on the 17th in Manchester, but I'm not sure I'm gonna go cause my graduation is sometime between July 10-20th, an they said on the email you need to be available from the 10th of June till August. They never said anything about these dates during the whole application process so I'm a bit confused, especially cause most universities will be having their graduations around the same time.

So yeah, looks like it's a choice between Disney vs Graduation?
Reply 8
Original post by choly7
hey guys, i got an email about the group interview stage today. where are your interviews at?

Mines in London wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by choly7
Mine's on the 17th in Manchester, but I'm not sure I'm gonna go cause my graduation is sometime between July 10-20th, an they said on the email you need to be available from the 10th of June till August. They never said anything about these dates during the whole application process so I'm a bit confused, especially cause most universities will be having their graduations around the same time.

So yeah, looks like it's a choice between Disney vs Graduation?

Yes I'm having to make the same decision but I'm not too bothered about grad tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hiyaa,
Just reading through this feed, I have an interview in London this Friday (18th Oct). Excited, scared & nervous haha! Anyone else got there's then too?

I'm stuck in the same boat about graduation & Disney aswell, but everyone I've spoken to have said go for the interview & then see what happens or I'll probably regret it - or always be wondering "what if.." :confused:
Reply 11
Original post by CarlyM
Hiyaa,
Just reading through this feed, I have an interview in London this Friday (18th Oct). Excited, scared & nervous haha! Anyone else got there's then too?

I'm stuck in the same boat about graduation & Disney aswell, but everyone I've spoken to have said go for the interview & then see what happens or I'll probably regret it - or always be wondering "what if.." :confused:

Thats how I am as well, which program did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Thats how I am as well, which program did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The cultural exchange program. What about you? Are you going to go for the interview? x

Hi, I'm wondering if you got in for this program as I'm interested of applying for 2016 during my first year of university, also if you can remember that far back, how was the interview what type of question did they ask :smile:
Original post by Audiology-Med
Hi, I'm wondering if you got in for this program as I'm interested of applying for 2016 during my first year of university, also if you can remember that far back, how was the interview what type of question did they ask :smile:

Hey
I did go on the program and it was fantastic the best summer of my life! Words can't even describe what I got out the experience, highly recommend! Interview was in two stages but I wouldn't worry too much there's tons of information online about the interviewprocess
Hey
I did go on the program and it was fantastic the best summer of my life! Words can't even describe what I got out the experience, highly recommend! Interview was in two stages but I wouldn't worry too much there's tons of information online about the interviewprocess

what top advise would you give for the yummy jobs interview, I'm hoping to apply this year for summer 2016
Personality is the most important things - they are looking for someone who is confident and bubbly and that will be able to handle themselves out there. Just use your experience whatever it is, doesn't have to be similar at all and just sell it! You'll be fine though just practice enough... There was no scary trip up questions all pretty standard competence questions. Find a Facebook group for 2016 applicants and that will help too :smile:
Personality is the most important things - they are looking for someone who is confident and bubbly and that will be able to handle themselves out there. Just use your experience whatever it is, doesn't have to be similar at all and just sell it! You'll be fine though just practice enough... There was no scary trip up questions all pretty standard competence questions. Find a Facebook group for 2016 applicants and that will help too :smile:

Thats good they don't use trick questions, how big do the group interviews be for the first interview
Hey, Im looking to apply for the 2016 international programme as well :smile: when do applications open? and could you let me know if you find a facebook group for 2016 applicants, thanks :smile:
Hi, I'm looking into the year long program for my gap year in 2017. What time of the year do the applications become available and is it difficult to apply from the UK? I was also wondering what the extra charges would be. I know you have to pay for the flights, your accommodation, travel insurance and food etc, but are there any additional charges that come with applying? Thanks! I so want to make it possible for me to go on the program.

Quick Reply

Latest