The Student Room Group

Psychology and/or Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Thanks a lot for the reply,no I havent secured the access course yet,I tried searching online,but haven't found anything so far
Hi there. Did you have a degree in Psychology and convert it to nursing. I have a degree in psychology and would like to know how to do mental health nursing. Thanks for any advice
i am so glad i see this comment...i started doing a access course to nursing but went onto do a psychology course at uni...i am in my 2nd year and although i find the subject interesting i can't help but regret my choice and would love to pursue my dream in becoming a nurse adult/MH. any advice would be amazing..how has you experience been?
Reply 23
You could finish your bachelors and apply for a 2 year masters in adult/Mh which is funded by the nhs, thats exactly what im doing, you usually need a 2:1/2:2 in Your bachelors and at least 500 hrs of clinical experience working as a health care assistant, or health related roles. I have offers from City University of London and Manchester Metropolitan University to start my MSc in Adult Nursing in september
Hey there, I graduated last year with a bachelors in Psychology and was thinking of doing a masters in nursing. Did you have to have completed the 500 hours before you applied?? I'm undecided on whether I'm capable of doing a 2 years master without much of science background or whether I should do another bsc bachelors.. however the latter option makes me feel like I'm going backwards!!
Original post by Alicia_cooke33
Hey there, I graduated last year with a bachelors in Psychology and was thinking of doing a masters in nursing. Did you have to have completed the 500 hours before you applied?? I'm undecided on whether I'm capable of doing a 2 years master without much of science background or whether I should do another bsc bachelors.. however the latter option makes me feel like I'm going backwards!!

Yes you do need 500 hours of care work minimum before you start. For example, the University of Birmingham requires this after an offer has been made. This is required as part of your portfolio. Alternatively, you can do the same thing with Radiography but 500 hours is not required. The University of Derby offers a 2 year MSc to become a Radiographer if you are interested.
Hi I have an interview coming up soon for post-graduate adult nursing. I have a degree in Psychology. I am very nervous as I am not very in interviews. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending