The Student Room Group

My friend treats me like a girlfriend...

Scroll to see replies

Judging by what you have said he either likes you or is gay,
Original post by Vanilla1234
Hmm.

Genuinely nice? Would a nice guy with a friend -who's a girl- spoil a 'friend'?

If you like him, then ask him out :smile:

Maybe he just wants what is best for her.
Reply 42
I think you need to learn what a paragraph is.
lol I would find it very creepy if I was in your position.
Reply 44
Original post by Clone93
Even the nicest of us guys are totally debauched scumbags, they're just to pussy to put it on display.

Are you trying to make yourself feel better? You sound like one of those people that cry themselves to sleep in self loathing, then accuse the world of being as corrupt as you. I pity you.
Reply 45
My advice to you is, call a goat a goat and be done with it.
31444835.jpg
Reply 47
Are you attracted to him OP? The whispering under the breath sounds dodgy tbh

Original post by CJG21
He could just be a genuinely nice person.

Is it nice to only spend one hour with one friend you're not attracted to on her birthday, so you can spend more time with the woman you are?

Answer: No, it's selfish
He sounds so sweet! Definitely confront him and ask him about his feelings?
Original post by BELLACIAO
Are you attracted to him OP? The whispering under the breath sounds dodgy tbh

Is it nice to only spend one hour with one friend you're not attracted to on her birthday, so you can spend more time with the woman you are?

Answer: No, it's selfish

There's nothing to say he is attracted to her. He may just like her more as a friend. I have friends that I wouldn't want to spend time with, and friends that I'd want to spend loads of time with.
Reply 50
Original post by CJG21
There's nothing to say he is attracted to her. He may just like her more as a friend. I have friends that I wouldn't want to spend time with, and friends that I'd want to spend loads of time with.

Why would a friend get jealous if she started talking to other guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Awwwwwwww
Original post by Blob :)
Why would a friend get jealous if she started talking to other guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe he thinks that she is hanging around with the wrong crowd? I honestly don't know.

I'm not saying he's not attracted to her, I'm just saying that maybe he isn't.
Reply 53
Original post by Gray Wolf
Are you trying to make yourself feel better? You sound like one of those people that cry themselves to sleep in self loathing, then accuse the world of being as corrupt as you. I pity you.

You sound like a repressed echo of a man, so beaten down by social constraints and sexual guilt that you can't even admit that deep down you're no better than I am. Hell, at least I'm honest about it. And for that I pity you.
Reply 54
You're in one of two possible situations, both with the same outcome.

#1 He does like you but has repeatedly suggested otherwise. Your relationship with him is preventing you from forming relationships with other guys. Reduce contact with him and move on.

#2 True to his word he doesn't see you as more than a friend despite giving mixed signals. Your relationship with him is preventing you from forming relationships with other guys. Reduce contact with him and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by CJG21

Still very selfish. Ignoring one friend on their birthday to spend time with another you might like more.
Still very selfish. Ignoring one friend on their birthday to spend time with another you might like more.

I wouldn't say it was selfish at all. He didn't ignore the other friend, he just only spent about an hour with her.
Reply 57
Original post by CJG21
I wouldn't say it was selfish at all. He didn't ignore the other friend, he just only spent about an hour with her.

:pierre: Certainly wouldn't want you as a friend.
:pierre: Certainly wouldn't want you as a friend.

That's quite a popular opinion.
Reply 59
Original post by Foo.mp3
Looked at your post history OP. If you're not trolling he is one strange guy. I was kind of similarly standoffish with my ex as she was a lot younger than me and I have a bad track record re: causing heartache, but this guy is something else!

If I were you I'd make sure he knows you like him (if you do) and get on and live your life as normal - do not let him boss you about or dictate your love life

Good luck Jim!

Yes he is something else indeed. However, alot of people have adviced me to distance myself as our friendship is not healthy anymore and someone's bound to get hurt, and it'll probably be most likely me. Also, he already thinks or assumed that I like him and so he told me he's cool with it as long as I am clear that I am just his friend and nothing else.

So with that, I have decided that everyone is right, our friendship is unhealthy and I need to move on. And thats exactly what I am doing.

Thanks for wishing me luck, gonna need it! LoL :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending