The Student Room Group

Student finance approval times

I have been offered a place via clearing as a mature student to attend Leeds uni. As I only applied on the 15th I had no finance in place, I applied for student finance on the same day and the only thing required now is to send proof of I'd which went off today next day delivery. How long will it take student finance to approve (or not) my application? I have an enrolment date of 09.09.13 and have to have a firm offer of finance by then. Has anyone else left it this late before?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by corinned
I have been offered a place via clearing as a mature student to attend Leeds uni. As I only applied on the 15th I had no finance in place, I applied for student finance on the same day and the only thing required now is to send proof of I'd which went off today next day delivery. How long will it take student finance to approve (or not) my application? I have an enrolment date of 09.09.13 and have to have a firm offer of finance by then. Has anyone else left it this late before?

Thanks

Usual processing times are 6 weeks, however they can be shorter. I had someone look at my application 3 weeks after I sent information in, I needed to send more information but as it was income assessment related I'd assume that if everything was there they would have sorted it that day...

I've been through the same thing, I started Uni and applied two weeks before in my first year. I had an interim payment in October, around 8 weeks after I sent in my application. Best thing to do is explain the situation to the Uni and see what they say. I did this and they were OK with it after I showed them proof of my application.

Your student loan will be approved if:

- You are a permanent resident of the UK (more than three years in general)
- You haven't taken a higher education course in the past which was funded with student finance (excluding HND to further)

Those are the two main stipulations for student finance, for the course loan that is, there are more but if you have those two checked you should be OK I think. There are different requirements for maintenance loans, bursaries etc.

You might get a firm offer of finance before you start, or perhaps a week or two later, again speak to your Uni, they've encountered this before, they can direct you on what you may need to do,

hope it helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending