The Student Room Group

setting up student bank account - did i enter right info !?!?!

I applied for a halifax student account yesterday.

When I got to this bit I was confused as to what to put. My dad told me to put my maintenance loan and grant combined. But I get that 3 times a year, but thats not an option on the list. But doesnt everyone get it 3 times a year !?!?!? Was I meant to put my tuition fee loan?

But it says student loan income. Doesn't that imply that its what you get to live off, seeing as the tuition fee loan never goes into our account?

Am i going to get rejected because I put the wrong thing? Plus my dad made me put down quarterly and enter a quarter of my total maintenance loan and grant, should I have put the total over the whole year?

Here's a screen shot of that section of the form.

student loan.png

!?!?!?!?
Reply 1
Original post by nic-nac
I applied for a halifax student account yesterday.

When I got to this bit I was confused as to what to put. My dad told me to put my maintenance loan and grant combined. But I get that 3 times a year, but thats not an option on the list. But doesnt everyone get it 3 times a year !?!?!? Was I meant to put my tuition fee loan?

But it says student loan income. Doesn't that imply that its what you get to live off, seeing as the tuition fee loan never goes into our account?

Am i going to get rejected because I put the wrong thing? Plus my dad made me put down quarterly and enter a quarter of my total maintenance loan and grant, should I have put the total over the whole year?

Here's a screen shot of that section of the form.

student loan.png

!?!?!?!?

They are only concerned with what actually goes into your bank account, the tuition fee loan is separate from that and is not an income.

I think you're dad is correct and you should be OK. You could always phone them up and ask them what they meant, whether it was total or quarterly? I would assume it was total though. Total of the loan/grants/busaries and frequency of payments.
Reply 2
Original post by ash1011
They are only concerned with what actually goes into your bank account, the tuition fee loan is separate from that and is not an income.

I think you're dad is correct and you should be OK. You could always phone them up and ask them what they meant, whether it was total or quarterly? I would assume it was total though. Total of the loan/grants/busaries and frequency of payments.

Thanks.

If they query it, then I can confirm how much I get and that it's roughly 1/3 of that, 3 times a year.

I clicked the thing saying it's income from a student loan, so they should know that everyone gets it 3x a year, so why all the other options except termly ?
Reply 3
Original post by nic-nac
Thanks.

If they query it, then I can confirm how much I get and that it's roughly 1/3 of that, 3 times a year.

I clicked the thing saying it's income from a student loan, so they should know that everyone gets it 3x a year, so why all the other options except termly ?

It's not necessarily 3 times a year and not necessarily payment each term, in most cases it is, but in some, say with late changes to applications, there could be four/five payments, interim payments for example. Also, clicking that it's student income perhaps isn't linked to an event on the form in such a way that it recognizes it. (web dev. student). It still thinks that it could be general income, which could be weekly/monthly etc.
Reply 4
Original post by ash1011
It's not necessarily 3 times a year and not necessarily payment each term, in most cases it is, but in some, say with late changes to applications, there could be four/five payments, interim payments for example. Also, clicking that it's student income perhaps isn't linked to an event on the form in such a way that it recognizes it. (web dev. student). It still thinks that it could be general income, which could be weekly/monthly etc.

Fair enough, that would explain it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending