The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Nightlife in Cov.. any good??

Been offered a place at Coventry starting September this year but im just a little put off by the nightlife (or lack of), wanted to hear what current students think to it??
I'm not a student in Coventry. but I've grown up here and i now study at Plymouth University.

Coventry has okay night life.
The kasbash, *formely known to every local as the colly.
is probably one of the best nights out, the club is quite big, and great music is played.
the phoneix (or campbell) is also a good laugh.

Night life is what you make of it in Coventry, if your looking for a goodnight out you can find it, and theres plenty of kebab shops to treat yourself to (or fall asleep in from my experience) whilst staggering home.

(if you can convince bennys chicken on gosford street (by callice court) your homeless, you get free food.
challenge for any fresher.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
It's fine. It's nothing incredible, but there's stuff on many days of the week. You also have good links to Birmingham or Leamington Spa, so you can go places.

To be honest though, nightlife was never really a consideration for me. It's a student area so there will always be student stuff.
Reply 3
Original post by mcgreevy1993
I'm not a student in Coventry. but I've grown up here and i now study at Plymouth University.

Coventry has okay night life.
The kasbash, *formely known to every local as the colly.
is probably one of the best nights out, the club is quite big, and great music is played.
the phoneix (or campbell) is also a good laugh.

Night life is what you make of it in Coventry, if your looking for a goodnight out you can find it, and theres plenty of kebab shops to treat yourself to (or fall asleep in from my experience) whilst staggering home.

(if you can convince bennys chicken on gosford street (by callice court) your homeless, you get free food.
challenge for any fresher.

Thank God someone else calls it the Colly.
Original post by Midlander

When i rarely come bak at term time, and i talk
To the students theyre like

"i love kasbah mondays"

Im just like no. Just no.
Original post by Midlander

Ha yes I was thinking the same thing. I'm the same when someone mentions they wanna go down the Phoenix I just shake my head say 'its the Campbell!'
Original post by Mindspanking
Ha yes I was thinking the same thing. I'm the same when someone mentions they wanna go down the Phoenix I just shake my head say 'its the Campbell!'

Another coventry local here.

Even though Phoneix is written on the pub, i refuse to ever call it that.

Shall always be Campbell wednesdays
and Colly Mondays

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending