The Student Room Group

How long do Clearing UCAS applications take to process?

Hi there.

I've submitted my UCAS applicaton through clearing for a Biomedical Sciences course 6pm yesterday having been told I've met the entry requirements for the University.

Having just spoken to the Clearing hotline, I've been told to wait until 5-6pm today.

The fact that I'm having to wait until 5-6pm, does that mean I'm more likely to get rejected as they're not accepting it as quickly? or I am being too concerned over nothing.

If people have had Clearing experiences where they've been rejected, please let me know as this is the first time I've applied in 2013 and just wrote my Personal Statement and my school did my reference for me yesterday.
Reply 1
Original post by Chqr
Hi there.

I've submitted my UCAS applicaton through clearing for a Biomedical Sciences course 6pm yesterday having been told I've met the entry requirements for the University.

Having just spoken to the Clearing hotline, I've been told to wait until 5-6pm today.

The fact that I'm having to wait until 5-6pm, does that mean I'm more likely to get rejected as they're not accepting it as quickly? or I am being too concerned over nothing.

If people have had Clearing experiences where they've been rejected, please let me know as this is the first time I've applied in 2013 and just wrote my Personal Statement and my school did my reference for me yesterday.

Did the university offer you a place and tell you to add it

if so, you should be fine
Reply 2
Original post by TenOfThem
Did the university offer you a place and tell you to add it

if so, you should be fine

The lady on the other side said you've met the entry requirements but you will have to fill out a UCAS form and Personal Statement and you'll get a reply by 5-6pm today.

I'm kinda concerned as surely they'd be looking to accept asap unless they feel like my application or personal statement for whatever reason. I just hoping that's not the case but if I'm being asked to wait until 5-6pm, then maybe it is.
Reply 3
Original post by Chqr
The lady on the other side said you've met the entry requirements but you will have to fill out a UCAS form and Personal Statement and you'll get a reply by 5-6pm today.

I'm kinda concerned as surely they'd be looking to accept asap unless they feel like my application or personal statement for whatever reason. I just hoping that's not the case but if I'm being asked to wait until 5-6pm, then maybe it is.

Ah, that is different to clearing with an application - but I would not be worried yet if I were you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending