The Student Room Group

Resitting A-Levels - what degree should i do ???

Hi ive recently completely my a levels, in which i achieved a B in English literature, two Cs in Chemistry and Biology. As well as an A at AS Level in Health and Social care.

I originally applied for pharmacy but didn't get in as i didn't get the grades required AAB. So I've decided to repeat the a level year in order to try and get higher results.

however part of the reason why i didn't do as well as i would have liked on the chemistry and biology subjects was because i personally didn't enjoy them as much. i was therefore wondering if anyone had any advice on any degrees that i could do that have good career prospects and that i would have a chance of getting in to if i repeated the year ???
Reply 1
Hi there. I'm in a similar boat to yourself.

I got BCC across Chemistry, Maths and Biology and was thinking of Neuroscience. However, I'm going through clearing and applying for a Biomedical Sciences course at a university as I got an A in my EPQ too which helped. I'm still waiting on my track as its being processed but in terms of career prospects in pharmacology, I'd still look at clearing for pharmacology as there are still unis out there.
Reply 2
thanks for the reply :smile:

I've tried most unis and they wont even consider me :frown:

But I'm really dreading going back to school, as i know part of the reason i didn't do as well was because i wasn't on good terms with my chemistry teacher.

I'm actually considering doing an English degree now, but am curious as to what career options i would have with that ??
Well, with an A in health & social care at AS perhaps you could complete the full Alevel and resit any papers you were unhappy with?

English has hundreds of different career options and if you do a degree in the subject you will be able discover what types jobs you might like.

If you are concerned about getting a career There are degrees such as nursing, operating department practitioner, occupational therapy, which, with your results may accept you, and generally you will walk out of uni straight into a job. And they are funded by the nhs too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending