The Student Room Group

My life is average - the ramblings of a 2013 FRESHA...

The nonsensical ramblings of a wannabe student...

Hola amigos/amigas,

The new freshers 2013 blog is finally up! Until this point I was writing all of my posts in the 2012 section so you may recognise some of the content below if you are a previous reader. (NB: first post is below, I now have an offer from B'ham after recieving AAABB)

Welcome to my wonderful world do not be alarmed if you experience strange events that may scar you for life...

Hi Folks I’m Beth and welcome to my world (*we advise all travelling to this far out land to buckle up because passengers often experience turbulence in the form of awkward events and terrible singing...)

I have been debating over whether to write a blog for some time now and judging by the fact that this is now on the internet I’m guessing that my decision has been made.

In this blog I intend to explore the mysteries in life with the hope of discovering the causes behind the meanings of life...or maybe this is my attempt at a mid life...or late teen’s crisis. Yeah you should all know although I’m 18 this by no means qualifies me as an adult, if you try to categorize me into such a group I WILL run away to Neverland to join Peter Pan and his cronies you have been warned!

My main incentive to write this blog is surely something that every student has experienced...procrastination. I am currently in my second year at college (sixth form as my high school did not have one) and have recently accepted an offer to study law at the university of Birmingham. With exams soon looming; as many students (don’t lie) I have been avoiding doing revision at all costs. This has resulted in the immaculate presentation of my bedroom, the playing of COD and the extensive research I have done into Birmingham university (where I plan to go provided I get the grades, which obviously as a procrastination technique is quite contradictory.)

I plan to ramble on about my endeavors at university (providing I get there) and the mad summer that comes before it.
If you have any suggestions of blog posts that you wish to see or if you generally want a bit of a natter feel free to leave a comment.

Adios amigas/amigos
Over & Out

So that was one of my previous posts, to read more click on the link...
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2337399
More posts will be here soon so please comment away and 'watch this thread' if you enjoyed reading. Packing, buying, craziness and freshers are all to come so watch this space!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The epic wait of boredom

Hola amigos/amigas,

I'm back! And I'm bored, with a capital B...I know this sounds silly as many people are enjoying their holidays off before they go back to work at college/uni however as the four week marker arrived on saturday I began to realise how slowly the days have gone past since results day.

I'm working, I'm seeing my friends, I'm going to the gym (nearly everyday ooh eer but judging by the fact that my debit card practically shook when I handed it over for my membership I want to get my money's worth)..but I'm still bored. The days pass slowly as I meet potential block mates and course buddies who I've planned to meet up with at various occasions because frankly I'm not feeling the 'loner status' esp in the first few weeks of uni.

I bought some knives today...and as creepy as that sentence started they were cheap (a neccessity in my university buying trips) and so got added to the massive pile that is slowly consuming my room as it expands across my floor and underneath my desk. It is actually quite scary the amount of stuff that I need for university and it is frightening that driving down I'm sure the car will be twice as heavy with the amount of things I've accumilated. And yet there's so much more that I need to get!
Its turning out to be much more costly than I'd anticipated and I am now reverting to wilkos, pound world and other cheaper shops to find the many items that have added themselves into the never ending list. If anyone has any suggestions of where to go then please feel free to leave a comment.

Are you bored of waiting for uni? Feel free to leave comments and suggestions of posts below :smile:
Packing video will be to come & perhaps another hopes and fears at the later date

Adios
Over & out
(edited 10 years ago)
I will sit here and wait for posts patiently :smile:
Reply 3
The official countdown begins

Hola amigas/amigos,

So I'm back! (I know I say this every time but I am going to try and make a concerted effort to update this blog more frequently, especially as I officially leave 2 weeks on saturday! Woop woop! Hammertime *proceeds to do a variation of an irish jig before sitting down and continuing to type*.

I have been given an allocation time (11-1) which is perfect as it means I do not have to be up at the crack of dawn all prepared to go, instead I can be up early as I can't sleep followed by several hours of last minute packing and awkward hugs from my family.

What has become known as 'the monster' a.k.a. the mahoosive pile of uni stuff in my room continues to overtake my entire bedroom and I have found myself unable to sit down on my beanbag without having to remove a large pile of books or random pack of chopping boards first.

This week has been slightly different as some nerves have begun to kick in, they usually revolve around my course and it being incredibly difficult (I even had a dream the other day where everyone in my law class spoke latin and when I asked if they could speak english they just gave me a surprised look and handed me a pile of 'how to learn latin for lawyers books'...don't ask) I'm also a bit nervous about moving in and offically meeting my flatmates (I've met a few of them online but this by no means qualifies me to give them a pyscoloigical evaluation/any form of judgement as people are vastly different online to in real life and this is one of the facts of life...ooh going profound there Beth :wink:)

Any suggestions for posts? Anyone else nervous for uni? Or excited? Anyone else as bored senseless as me and finds themselves watching whole series of tv programms (am now up to date on breaking bad so that's five seasons in like a few weeks...)

Adios all
Over & out
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi I'm going to return the favour and watch your blog. I think you will help me remember that pre-uni stage just before freshers! :tongue:
Reply 5
Watchingggg, just looked at your profile to see you're gonna be a fellow law student! However I'm not going to birmingham so we can be fellow law students from afar *reaches through the screen*

muahaha, keep blogging!
Reply 6
im not really a look forward to stuff kind of guy but i cant wait for the "wait" to be over, i find myself actively picking tv shows that have recently been commissioned so i can blow through episodes in like 3 days. as of today i have seen all episodes of
orphan black
orange is the new black
under the dome
jericho(anomalous choice)
spartacus
its pretty damn depressing
Reply 7
The TV shows that are only watched by people who are bored

Hola amigas/amigos,

So...how ya doin? No really how are ya'll, anyone started uni yet? Cause I haven't and I CAN'T FLIPPIN WAIT! The days pass buy slower than a elderly snail who has frankly given up on life and winning the game.

Nevertheless it's either 9/10 days until I move in which in my opinion constitutes a little celebration so excuse me whilst I go and fetch the party poppers and cake. It was my third to last day at work and it is quite sad that I'm leaving now, but I have been working there for over 18 months so...a pretty long time now however I am looking foward to my last drunken experience before uni which also happens to be named my 'work leaving party' on saturday.

Some more items were bought and added to the evergrowing pile/monster in my room today as me and my papa (or my father whichever you prefer) went to do the pounstretcher, dunelm mills, asda and matalan field trip today where we managed to collect some right bargains in traditional yorkshire tightness! Despite this I do have numerous more items to gather before I leave which is starting to make me rather panicked as I hate to feel unprepared :/

The freshers event however look even more exciting and action packed as the days go by, honestly B'ham seems to be 'the place to be' if you want somewhere with good nightlife (this has also been agreed upon by some of my best friends who were a little jealous after seeing the promo facebook pages and youtube freshers vidoes)

Anyways I'm rambling, and tired having been up since 6 :/ So more posts on packing and generally more interesting life adventures are to come soon.
Thanks for the comments guys! I agree with the TV comments immensley (as shown by the fact that I'm currently watching Gordon Ramsey's Hotel Hell). Woop for the fellow law student, I shall shake your hand virtually aha and keep watching guys!

Adios
Over & out
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
The packing commences

Hola amigos/amigas!

Very brief post today as uber busy but a pic of the packing in process...it has begun! And a small leaving present from work (apparently its neccessary for a lift home from my last day tomorrow as there's so many more presents! Makes me well up...before i tell myself to stop being so soppy aha)

Adios for now

Over &out

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
The ice queen gets emotional, shock horror

Hola amigos/amigas,

It's been a while since I've last written/typed but honestly the last few days have been so hectic and the realisation that I am moving away from home and am becoming a fully-fledged adult has finally set in!

As I may or may not have mentioned (frankly I talk a lot of nonsense and ramble way too much so it is highly possible that I frequently repeat myself throughout my blog so please bear with me.) Anyways...ramble over it was my last day at work on saturday which I originally thought may be a happy affair however as usual I was proved wrong as I ended my last shift at 4'o clock tears brimming in my eyes I began to feel so sad it was truly overwhelming.

I have...sorry 'had' worked there for over 18 months and had bonded (not in a couples retreat kind of way just in a friendly, collegues kind of way) with many of the staff there who I will severley miss. At the end of said shift I retired upstairs so be bombared with so many gifts and presents that I could barley fit into our staffroom. Luckily my mum was there to help me carry them to the car however I was seriously shocked and overhwhelmed not only by the amount of things that I recieved but also by the thought that had gone into them. Memorabealia (spelling?) of a variety of kinds filled numerous boxes and my fav sweets were wrapped carefully in wicker baskets. Alongside a vast array of useful (and joke) university presents including some glasses, some dishclothes, a whiteboard, some bed sheets and many more my university shopping/list is now complete to pack away (I'm sure at the last minute).

In the evening we had my leaving due which was epic and so much fun, a meal out at the most friendly, livley restauront (one of my favs) followed by a loud night out filled with hugs and dancing till my feet cried with pain.

Anyways it was a sad day which was also followed by another teary filled day yesterday (tuesday) where I said my goodbye's to my best friends whom I will be unable to see for some time now due to my busy schedule in the next few days before I move to university on saturday. They are people I have seen everyday for two years or for some more (my best friend and I have known each other for over 7 years!) so this was quite emotional and again filled with so many hugs and waves farewell.

However the excitment is gradually rising at the moving in date grows ever nearer and the items that have offically taken over my room begin to form distinct piles labelled: 'clothes', 'food' and 'random shiz but still needed'...

Are ya'll excited for uni? Or have you started already? Or are you currently applying to uni? Leave questions and comments below and hopefully a new post will be done soon including packing pictures and possibly my ultimate university list and tips :smile:

Adios

Over & out
(edited 10 years ago)
How am I ever going to fit this lot into the car?

Hola amigos/amigas,

Firstly are you not impressed that this post has quickly followed my last one? Please put your hands together for my amazing organisation and productivity skills...or maybe I'm just procrastinating packing my things...either way be happy that a post is here :wink:

Thanks to Holson *waves* for commenting, anyone else who maybe reading (there must be others in the wilderness) feel free to comment as I love reading them :smile:

Anyways onto the subject of todays matter...packing. I thought this maybe a fun use of my time before university, as a young child I used to love deciding what to bring on holiday and with all of the new items I've collected for university I thought that looking through said items would be exciting...how was I so wrong?

Firstly deciding what clothes to bring has been a nightmare, as an admitted shopaholic limiting myself to a restricted amount of clothes was both traumatic and incredibly difficult, this was amplified when it came to deciding upon shoes (you can never have to many in my opinion)

Then came the organising into specific piles, initially this was: 'clothes', 'food', 'utensils' but soon expanded to include around 7 other groups so this in itself was tediously frustrating.

Also after reading about how others are struggeling yet have managed to pack for a train journey to uni I thought having a quite large car would make things easier, again I was wrong, how can I possibly have so much stuff? I was also reading about people who only had say 3 boxes, 1 suitcase and 1 carrier bag, whereas mine so far includes: 3 underbed boxes, 2 big crate plastic boxes, one medium sized suitcase, 3 large supermarket carrier bags, one box of crockery, one box of electricals, a bag filled with other bags and...a cute union jack flag bag filled with...I have no idea but stuff that I apparently need.

The final difficulty has come to my parents who keep randomly turning up at my door with some random essential in their hands before commenting 'it might come in handy' or 'you never know when you might need it'. Despite some of these items actually being quite useful the majority I doubt I will ever use of see again, I know the girl guides taught me to be prepared but when am I going to need a selection of screwdrivers, a spanner, hayfever tablets (I don't even have an allergy!), cake decorating supplies, tippex (which I despise the smell of), an empty box for things such as screwdrivers, a random pot sheep and some table mats...plus many more that I daren't say before I collapose with exhaustion.

How is everyone else's packing going? Or if your at uni how on earth did you manage it?

Sorry for the rambly post; but you all know by now that talkative is my middle name

Adios
Over and Out
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Heyo :biggrin: You can see my blog post to check about what I say about my packing! Although I'm not sure that I actually said that much... I'm procrastinating finishing packing, it's just a bit weird :tongue:
Hey! Unless I've got it completely wrong, I think you're moving in tomorrow! Good luck with it all- my moving day is Sunday and then I guess I'll see you at Freshers events.
If I have to do anymore packing I think I'll have a mini break down, it's so stressful.
Good luck fellow Brum Fresher!
Reply 14
GOOD LUCK WITH THE MOVE FELLOW FRESHER BLOGGER!!!!

Hope it's mega exciting!

Looking forward to the next post! <3
The briefest post ever because I'm living off of coffee, what has uni done to me?

Hola once again,

Sorry for my abscence I was not taken by aliens however I have been dominated with university based problems such as whether to buy Aldi's cheapest food or whether basic, basic just means absalute rubbish.
I have finally moved in yay!
I have been so busy and I cannot believe its already thursday time really has flown by. The nights (every single one since sat) have either been filled with utimate freshers parties such as the neon event that left us with a rather bright green covered flat and a superhero fancy dress at the 02 academy. Of course we cannot forget the flat and block parties which have been happening every night. Myself and my brave flatmates took the first step in inviting everyone to ours on the saturday for drinks which left most people including myself very drunk and it also left my flat in the biggest mess.
My room is permenatley messy due to any lack of time to clean it...or laziness pick whichever you like.
Anyways more to come soon but I am absalutley shattered :/

Adios for now
(edited 10 years ago)
Moving in weekend, a.k.a. how to embarrass yourself in front of a bunch of strangers and become BFF's

Hola again guys well another short post (my version of short remember) about my firs (almost week) at B'ham...

Moving in Day...

This certainly was hectic however as soon as I arrived about 10 pink helpers immediantly came to my car and carried everything upstairs to my room for me (except the bottle of vodka that I'd bought on the way down, no way was I letting that out of my sight aha). They were very helpful and my room was soon filled with so many items that I coud barley squeeze into it myself. However anyone who is looking to stay at tennis courts B'ham, the rooms are certainly larger than I expected and they are bigger than they looked on the 360 tour so keep that in mind :smile: And the wardrobe is fairly sizeable thank goodness so more clothes will be coming down to fill the empty space soon!
I quickly told my dad to make an exit so that I could unpack and meet my new flatmate who had already arrived, his parents stayed some time and we ended up with a cup of tea and numerous home baked goods which went down a treat!
An hour or so later my other flatmates arrived however they soon went out again to buy food and appliances however unfortuantly this was not co-ordinated so we did initially have like 3 toaster and kettles! Needless to say we all bought loads of pans and crockery which we have now combined and will keep us going for some time to come!
We all chatted for some time having a drink before going to the free pizza time that our RA were putting on (I have not eaten as much pizza as I have this week in my entire life!) this was good and they suggested when we got back to go knocking on our block flats doors and ask them to come for drinks later. This was slightly awkward at first however later on everyone arrived and we spent a long time deciding the rules of ring of fire (my northern rules differed somewhat to their mostly southern ones) and then a quick game of never have I ever which soon became very awkward...I drank way too much...and then we chatted for a bit before going to the residents bar for more drinks. This was all fun and made for a good first evening if somewhat not the most memorable one for me.

Sunday
This was simular with us sleeping in and chatting for most of the day, we took a trip to the bullring with the flat opposite and although we didn't spend much it was nice to do a bit of exploring. Then we went to the free BBQ before going back to our flat for some drinks, this time it was the flats opposite job to do the flat party so we all went round there before going to the bar once again. I drank less this time wahey but still a reasonable amount but overall was a good night and met so many people...whose name I soon forgot, seriously we should all be FORCED to wear name tags it would be so much easier.

I will not go into the rest of the week as frankly I cannot be bothered at this moment in time however it has all been really good and a top tip or two is coming your way!
Bring a door stop, I know everyone says this but honestly it makes you seem way more sociable and approachable and is defo a good way of meeting your fellow flatmates.
Other top tips, speak to people and don't be afraid and also bring food to bribe them, it defo seemed to work for me.
And finally don't drink too much on the first night....not a good impression to make.

Over and out
(edited 10 years ago)
Freshers has ended but I'm still a fresha, therefore party time continues! Eat, sleep, rave, repeat

Hola amigos/amigas,

Firstly I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, sorry, I'm so sorry I'm sending you all virtual cookies right now to apoligize for not writing in so long however despite what people may sterotypically think, we students do not laze around all day doing nothing, oh no! Instead I begin work at my laptop only to be interupted by the flatmates because they are bored of doing work themselves and have decided to procrastinate. I offer to make nachos and they stick the kettle on and we all get distracted thus I end up being up all night not for once because I'm going out/drinking myself to death but rather because I have a deadline and everyone in my seminar class makes me feel like an idiot because I haven't done the reading...

*Breathe*

So yeah that's why I haven't written but I am back, in fact I was highly motivated to write this because I was actually contacted by someone who has just grauated from Birmingham and is writing a project revolving around halls, acommodation and Birmingham uni in general. So if you are reading this, you know who you are, thanks for motivating me!

So what's been happening in my life....

1. Freshers has ended, after two and a half weeks and it was really sad, we all felt slightly deflated after the most amazing few weeks and awesome events. Some of my favourites included the bodypaint party, pretty much as the name says (as tennis courts accomm) we were covered in green by the RA's to show our TC pride, wearing our decorated t'shirts filled in with our names, course and 'what are you hunting for'...yeah mine was a little awkward but not takes centre stage on my notice board.

Another amazing event was seeing DJ fresh at the freshers ball, this was the only event where image was significantly important so guys in suits and girls in heels, both of which were tattered or carried in hands on the way home. The ball was filled with fab music, a rocking bull, silent disco and so many games and cheap drinks you had no choice but to have fun.

The neon event was totally awesome with it being the first offical freshers event where everyone came together to enjoy university. The other events, 02 academy, institute, toga, and several others were also utterley amazing, some of which I cannot completely remember...but they were awesome events in all.

2. The lectures, as a law student I am priveledged with few contact hours which often allows me extra sleeping time and generally more procrastination than actual work. With only 10 hours (inc 2 hours of seminars) this all sounds rather easy right? Wrong! We get given an unlimited supply of reading and problem questions for each seminar and many of the lectures require extra work and typed up notes in order to fully understand the content. So it ain't easy, but I'm loving it. Birmingham is an amazing law school with some interesting lecturers and seminar leaders who all seem really approachable and friendly. Criminal law is actually lots of fun and having done politics I have a major advatange in public law (take this in mind people), tort requires way too much reading but the lecturer James Lee is hilarious and an amazing speaker. The only downside is contract law, yeah...not a massive fan of this but ah well 3/4 ain't bad at all.

3. The people, my block has devloped a strong community vibe and the majority of us get on extremley well with a different flat (for the majority although usually ours) having long sessions of predrinks before any night out which is usually my favourite part of the evening. We often invite other blocks round and I even believe we are getting a party-style reputation which is a little bit awesome to be honest. Tennis Courts is where everyone tells me they want to be and I'm not suprised as to why. It has many students (around 700) living here, it has a real social vibe and everyone is so friendly and obviously it ain't as expensive as the posh peeps in say mason (no offense to anyone in mason but apparently we are rivals). Which leads me onto our Mason v TC night this friday which we are all buzzing for, organised by the RA's it should be a pretty epic evening.

And that's it for now, I'm sure you guys have had enough for now as this has been a lenghy post. Next time I will moving onto law school - mooting (for those who are interested), cooking for yourself, the cleaning rota (eek grown up times) and any other questions you guys may have. Oh and of course updates on nights out etc.

Adios
Over and out
(edited 10 years ago)
Merry xmas, my only wish for the following term to be just as awesome as the last...

Hola amigas/amigos I'm back and I'm bored!...

So just read through my last post and upon recognizing that the last time I wrote was when I had my TC v Mason/Robbers v Cops night I realized I have been a terrible blogger and completely unreliable poster for those of you left who perhaps read this shambles of nonsense. But by any means with xmas almost here and my holidays officially begun I thought I'd spend some of my excessive spare time by writing this post and rambling on as per usual so listen up and enjoy!

Firstly I cannot comprehend how quickly my first term at uni has gone, the fact that realistically I am more than a third of the way into my first year makes me shiver with shock and cry a little with sadness as I truly want uni to never end.
I'm not going to lie and pretend I spend the majority of my uni life doing law related work, because I don't despite the unlimited reading that is thrust upon us, the main part of my life certainly consists of mostly socializing, making memories and being a true uni student.

Any of you who may be worried by the prospect of uni after recently receiving offers, then don't! It is the MOST amazing experience and I am jealous of all you freshers for next year (esp at Bham) as you have so much to look forward to! Despite the fact that at Bham we are lucky enough to get refreshers after xmas and exams this year (I know, jel much? :wink:) I am envious of the 2014 freshers who will I'm sure be already getting excited about the idea of uni.

Another random update is that me and some friends have offically signed a contract for a house next year in the student village next to the uni called selly oak, it makes me feel excessivley grown up by the prospect of bills and renting our own house however I am looking forward to being such a short distance from the neccessary places in life, Aldi (for cheap booze and food) as well as the well loved pubs 'the goose' and 'the soak' which if you decide to go to Bham you will learn are the places to be. I am to be living with 2 of my current guy flatmates alongside 2 girls from upstairs and 1 girl and 2 guys from downstairs, so a fair few of us (8 if you can#t count like me) in comparison to the measley 5 now but it will be exciting to live with them!

In terms of 'going out' me and my uni friends stand strong with our perciverance to stubble around late at night and dance on the sofas till the morning despite the increase in workload and decrease in money. Being in a city means that I am able to experience a range of nightlife and student nights, some of which I will digress to you now, so listen up would be Bham students esp!
Mondays - gatecrasher, as the biggest club in the UK it is the place to be, esp as mondays is student night and at nly £4 a ticket and £1 jagerbombs and shots you can't really go wrong, naugtyhorse promotitions organise this event so keep on the lookout for their horse mascot and the free t'shirts that will leave you fighting to the death with another student for.
Tuesdays - stupid tuesdays, named because of their cheap drinks with most being a measley £1 you can still afford a takeaway the next day or a late night, drunk trip to the cheap chicken shop. Also at the new, expensivley built club players you can expect it to be relativley clean and unscruffy for at least a few months...
Wednesdays - Although you can travel to the likes of subway city with £10 entry and 10 free drinks and snobs with it's indie music the night to be is the guild, providing you are part of a sports team and ideally not a lightweight would help. Initiations seem to last for some time to come to be prepared to drink little freshers! Frosty jacks will soon become a common house name, known for sports night due to it's ability to get you plastered on the cheap, makes drinking games 'fairer' as well.
Thursdays - Vodbull at Risa (a big club) with cheap jagerbombs and vodka and redbulls you can't go wrong at this place where you will most certainly get lost.
Friday - I believe most places in Bham have nights out but frankly we are too shattered on friday and I work so...unhelpful much beth!
Saturday - FAB! One word, one amazing night. Our pres on this night seem to be extra epic and wild due to no one having an early morning. Only Bham uni students and no taxis means this cheaper night is always one to remember...or maybe not occasionally in my case...

And thats the nightlife in Bham pretty much summed up! If you can find out about a night out on a sunday then feel free to let me know but somehow it seems pretty much impossible so you'll just have to stick to the pub!

More info soon concerning the best nights out so far: I love TC, Carnage, Miracle on Broad street and Nightmare on Broad street plus many more!
Also posts revolving how to surivive at uni, recipee ideas and general madness will also follow :smile:

Please comment and feel free to ask questions

Adios
Over & out
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Beth_Armitage
Hola amigas/amigos I'm back and I'm bored!...

So just read through my last post and upon recognizing that the last time I wrote was when I had my TC v Mason/Robbers v Cops night I realized I have been a terrible blogger and completely unreliable poster for those of you left who perhaps read this shambles of nonsense. But by any means with xmas almost here and my holidays officially begun I thought I'd spend some of my excessive spare time by writing this post and rambling on as per usual so listen up and enjoy!

Firstly I cannot comprehend how quickly my first term at uni has gone, the fact that realistically I am more than a third of the way into my first year makes me shiver with shock and cry a little with sadness as I truly want uni to never end.
I'm not going to lie and pretend I spend the majority of my uni life doing law related work, because I don't despite the unlimited reading that is thrust upon us, the main part of my life certainly consists of mostly socializing, making memories and being a true uni student.

Any of you who may be worried by the prospect of uni after recently receiving offers, then don't! It is the MOST amazing experience and I am jealous of all you freshers for next year (esp at Bham) as you have so much to look forward to! Despite the fact that at Bham we are lucky enough to get refreshers after xmas and exams this year (I know, jel much? :wink:) I am envious of the 2014 freshers who will I'm sure be already getting excited about the idea of uni.

Another random update is that me and some friends have offically signed a contract for a house next year in the student village next to the uni called selly oak, it makes me feel excessivley grown up by the prospect of bills and renting our own house however I am looking forward to being such a short distance from the neccessary places in life, Aldi (for cheap booze and food) as well as the well loved pubs 'the goose' and 'the soak' which if you decide to go to Bham you will learn are the places to be. I am to be living with 2 of my current guy flatmates alongside 2 girls from upstairs and 1 girl and 2 guys from downstairs, so a fair few of us (8 if you can#t count like me) in comparison to the measley 5 now but it will be exciting to live with them!

In terms of 'going out' me and my uni friends stand strong with our perciverance to stubble around late at night and dance on the sofas till the morning despite the increase in workload and decrease in money. Being in a city means that I am able to experience a range of nightlife and student nights, some of which I will digress to you now, so listen up would be Bham students esp!
Mondays - gatecrasher, as the biggest club in the UK it is the place to be, esp as mondays is student night and at nly £4 a ticket and £1 jagerbombs and shots you can't really go wrong, naugtyhorse promotitions organise this event so keep on the lookout for their horse mascot and the free t'shirts that will leave you fighting to the death with another student for.
Tuesdays - stupid tuesdays, named because of their cheap drinks with most being a measley £1 you can still afford a takeaway the next day or a late night, drunk trip to the cheap chicken shop. Also at the new, expensivley built club players you can expect it to be relativley clean and unscruffy for at least a few months...
Wednesdays - Although you can travel to the likes of subway city with £10 entry and 10 free drinks and snobs with it's indie music the night to be is the guild, providing you are part of a sports team and ideally not a lightweight would help. Initiations seem to last for some time to come to be prepared to drink little freshers! Frosty jacks will soon become a common house name, known for sports night due to it's ability to get you plastered on the cheap, makes drinking games 'fairer' as well.
Thursdays - Vodbull at Risa (a big club) with cheap jagerbombs and vodka and redbulls you can't go wrong at this place where you will most certainly get lost.
Friday - I believe most places in Bham have nights out but frankly we are too shattered on friday and I work so...unhelpful much beth!
Saturday - FAB! One word, one amazing night. Our pres on this night seem to be extra epic and wild due to no one having an early morning. Only Bham uni students and no taxis means this cheaper night is always one to remember...or maybe not occasionally in my case...

And thats the nightlife in Bham pretty much summed up! If you can find out about a night out on a sunday then feel free to let me know but somehow it seems pretty much impossible so you'll just have to stick to the pub!

More info soon concerning the best nights out so far: I love TC, Carnage, Miracle on Broad street and Nightmare on Broad street plus many more!
Also posts revolving how to surivive at uni, recipee ideas and general madness will also follow :smile:

Please comment and feel free to ask questions

Adios
Over & out

Fab to see you back on the blogging scene Beth!
Just gonna put it out there, Sports night is the best night; fancy dress and the guild, what more could you want?!
Like Beth has said, Bham is the best, so all you would be freshers take note :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest