haze123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
GCSE Results Day 2013?

Was just wondering, how would my GCSE results look like on the actual result day, do i get a certificate or a sheet of paper saying what results i got? Also, i've done a BTEC Level 2 in performing arts and have attained a distinction, would that come on results day, and how would it look on results day? as a certificate or a sheet of paper. It is equivalent to 4 GCSE Results so a distinction would be 4 A Grades. When would i receive the results and how would it look on the certificate/sheet?

BTEC is on Edexcel
Dingo749
  • Study Helper
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You will get a sheet with your personal information and the top and then it will list your exam titles, then columns of information with Grade, UMS, Raw, SCAAT points

And that will be it, you will recieve your certificates in about November when they are released to your school
haze123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dingo749)
You will get a sheet with your personal information and the top and then it will list your exam titles, then columns of information with Grade, UMS, Raw, SCAAT points

And that will be it, you will recieve your certificates in about November when they are released to your school
So the BTEC results will also be released the same day as my normal GCSE results?
Dingo749
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by haze123)
So the BTEC results will also be released the same day as my normal GCSE results?
They should be yes, mine were
haze123
Rep:
?
Oh what was your BTEC in? How did it look like on paper?
Dingo749
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by haze123)
Oh what was your BTEC in? How did it look like on paper?
My BTEC was in Business Studies and it looked like this

Name:  BTEC.png
Views: 8712
Size:  431.5 KB
FaraazK 256
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How many a stars approx. would be needed at gcse to be able to realistically apply to Oxbridge medicine and imperial med?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paralove
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by FaraazK 256)
How many a stars approx. would be needed at gcse to be able to realistically apply to Oxbridge medicine and imperial med?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look at their entry requirement!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arunthathy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are saying A*/A/A but I guess it is way more

Posted from TSR Mobile
FaraazK 256
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sorry, I will clarify, I meant gcse a stars. Cambridge say 3 CS in science. (Yeah right!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dingo749
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 2 A*'s at GCSE and have a good chance of getting in, the only time it really matters is for medicine and that on average I believe is 6

Posted from TSR Mobile
drbumblebee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
oxbridge do not general accept btecs and most unis wont look at it for medicine - i have level 2 in public services ( through cadets) and i asked and they wont look at it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise