The Student Room Group

English Grade Boundaries

If something like this has already been posted then SORRY.

As you all know, last year the exam board fluffed up the English grade boundaries and a lot of people dropped a grade as a result.

Does anyone know or have a hunch that the boundaries will be just as high or higher this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think they might be a bit lower, but bear in mind that the examiners are marking harsh...
so GCSE students may not get their predicted grade...
Reply 2
Apparently the grade boundaries are higher for the core subjects :/ Really nervous because I was predicted a C in English, actually think I've failed now urgh
Reply 3
Original post by GekoFan
Apparently the grade boundaries are higher for the core subjects :/ Really nervous because I was predicted a C in English, actually think I've failed now urgh

I need a B in English Language.. It looked nailed on for ages but I'm not too sure now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
For AQA English Lang is much lower (for the exam) - which is good
Reply 5
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
For AQA English Lang is much lower (for the exam) - which is good

Can you work out what I need for grade C overall in AQA, or potentially grade B.

Unit 2 and Unit 3 I got spot on grade B in both.
Reply 6
Well June is out, and it was a 3 point drop from last year so it's looking promising.
Reply 7
Hopefully I get a B. This is the only exam/subject im worried about.
Reply 8
Original post by Joseph_S
Well June is out, and it was a 3 point drop from last year so it's looking promising.

Can you work out what I need for grade C overall in AQA, or potentially grade B.

62/80 last June for an A* in AQA English Language, 58 this year! It's a good day.
Reply 10
Original post by paradoxicalme
62/80 last June for an A* in AQA English Language, 58 this year! It's a good day.

Really glad the boundaries are lower this year! Kind of annoying that I wouldn't have had to resit if the boundaries for this year were last year's, but oh well, I've probably improved on my original score anyway (or I hope so, because I felt more confident about what I was doing the second time around.)

Good luck everyone!!
Original post by Maths94

You need 48 for a B, and somewhere between 40-48 for a C :smile:

(in the exam)
Reply 13
Original post by paradoxicalme
You need 48 for a B, and somewhere between 40-48 for a C :smile:

(in the exam)

damn, i got 44.
Reply 14
Original post by Maths94

theres unit 2 and unit 3 to english lang???? :confused::s-smilie:

i thought u jus get ur overall result for eng lang in unit 1 and the CA
CA is unit 3
Exam unit 1
Speaking/Listening unit 2.
I got A overall, but I only achieved a C in the exam.
Reply 17
What do you need for a A* over all.
Reply 18
My school screwed me over, when that whole thing was going on with AQA and English Language and no-one knew the boundaries, the school said I was on a B and wasnt allowed to retake. I begged for a retake and they refused. they were certain that the boundaries wouldnt change. They did, and as a result I am on a C! I can't go Woodhouse now, I know they won't accept me. and my point score has dropped to 5.7 partially due to my schools foolishness.. I went to Woodhouse yesterday, they said they're get back to be me by next week SUnday. Should I email them about the whole English Language thing? Help me please
Reply 19
Original post by Sheila_x
My school screwed me over, when that whole thing was going on with AQA and English Language and no-one knew the boundaries, the school said I was on a B and wasnt allowed to retake. I begged for a retake and they refused. they were certain that the boundaries wouldnt change. They did, and as a result I am on a C! I can't go Woodhouse now, I know they won't accept me. and my point score has dropped to 5.7 partially due to my schools foolishness.. I went to Woodhouse yesterday, they said they're get back to be me by next week SUnday. Should I email them about the whole English Language thing? Help me please

WoodHouse? You might live near me. Do you go to GCA by any chance?
It doesn't make sense as the Grade Boundaries dropped. Never believe your school and do independent research.

BTW, WoodHouse would accept you, not many of my friends that got in are actually accepting (30ish)

Quick Reply

Latest