UCL: had a Law interview yesterday

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Blamps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I think it went pretty well.....I was given a hypothetical situation in which I could not come to a definite conclusion but I did think my way through it and talked it thru....so I think that is what counts Now, I am hoping for an offer....does anybody know how many as a proportion of interviewees receive offers?
Shelly789
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Who interviewed you?

And I don't know what proportion of applicants that get interviewed receive offers, but last year there was a 1 in 26 chance of getting an offer.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well done!

I still haven't head from UCL ... did you find out whether they had rejected everyone they didn't want to interview.. or any other information like then whilst you were there?
Shelly789
Report 16 years ago
Don't worry, they've been moaning in lectures about having so many applicants this year! I know plenty of people that got offers without interviews around this time of year..the wait should be over soon!
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Shelly789)
Don't worry, they've been moaning in lectures about having so many applicants this year! I know plenty of people that got offers without interviews around this time of year..the wait should be over soon!
lol.. thanks- are you studying Law at UCL at the moment?
Shelly789
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, well attempting to! lol
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, well attempting to! lol
My friend got rejected from UCL today w/out interview. Good luck Blamps!
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
well done!

I still haven't head from UCL ... did you find out whether they had rejected everyone they didn't want to interview.. or any other information like then whilst you were there?
From browsing these boards, you appear to be in the same boat as me (i.e. still waitin for replies from UCL/LSE).

What replies have you got so far?

A nice thought to end on: Just think what it'd be like if you woke up one fine morn and checked your UCAS to find, low and behold, offers from both UCL and LSE...without interview!! Hmmmmm........
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
From browsing these boards, you appear to be in the same boat as me (i.e. still waitin for replies from UCL/LSE).

What replies have you got so far?

A nice thought to end on: Just think what it'd be like if you woke up one fine morn and checked your UCAS to find, low and behold, offers from both UCL and LSE...without interview!! Hmmmmm........
lol!

I've got offers from Sheffield and Keele so far (but I definatley don't want to go to Keele).. so if I don't get in to UCL or LSE then im off to Sheffield. Got rejected by Cambridge and Nottingham. How about you?
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just out of interest....does anyone know how many ppl they interview..and how many offers are given without interview.....along with the application numbers....

Basically...does anyone have application stats for unis??

G
Shelly789
Report 16 years ago
At UCL they interview v few - the only people that I know that were interviewed were those applying for law with a language, or mature students or whatever.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Just out of interest....does anyone know how many ppl they interview..and how many offers are given without interview.....along with the application numbers....

Basically...does anyone have application stats for unis??

G
Someone posted this thread recently.. not sure if you've seen it already, but it has some stats on it:

http://www.uk-learning.net/t33933.html
ckwan16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It feels good when that above mentioned scenario happens...damn good

How do I know this.....because it has happened to me.

Best of luck.
Blamps
Rep:
?
I fi
(Original post by Elle)
well done!

Well I think that I overheard that it was the last round of interviews so I am not sure to be honest.....u could easily get an offer without an interview if that is the case or perhaps not....at least u might not have to go thru an interview (oh the Oxford nightmare returns! :mad: ) Either way, just sit tight I find out in 2 weeks whether I get in or not
Blamps
Rep:
?
At UCL they interview v few - the only people that I know that were interviewed were those applying for law with a language, or mature students or whatever.
I am 18 and applied for straight Law...I must be special
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
lol!

I've got offers from Sheffield and Keele so far (but I definatley don't want to go to Keele).. so if I don't get in to UCL or LSE then im off to Sheffield. Got rejected by Cambridge and Nottingham. How about you?
I've got offers from Kings and Leeds (AAB and AAA respectively) and was rejected frin Oxford and Bristol. Still waitin for UCL and LSE. If a I get rejected from both of them, then I'll probably go to Kings, although sometimes Leeds does seem appealing as its more campus-based than London, and gives more of the 'uni experience'.

My sister studies Medicine at Sheffield. Its a really cool place, I go there quite often. Its probably got a better atmosphere than most of the London Uni's and has very low crime for a city of its size. She has a friend who graduated from Sheffield with a law degree and he is now working in a magic circle firm (I think its Baker & Mckenzie) - although I dont particuarily want to do the whole join the biggest, richest law firm thing.
EuroAmeriAzn
Report 16 years ago
Funny, I got my UCL offer for Law on December 5th.
pugnacious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
r u an overseas student then EuroAmeriAzn? ur name leads to that conclusion
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've got offers from Kings and Leeds (AAB and AAA respectively) and was rejected frin Oxford and Bristol. Still waitin for UCL and LSE. If a I get rejected from both of them, then I'll probably go to Kings, although sometimes Leeds does seem appealing as its more campus-based than London, and gives more of the 'uni experience'.

My sister studies Medicine at Sheffield. Its a really cool place, I go there quite often. Its probably got a better atmosphere than most of the London Uni's and has very low crime for a city of its size. She has a friend who graduated from Sheffield with a law degree and he is now working in a magic circle firm (I think its Baker & Mckenzie) - although I dont particuarily want to do the whole join the biggest, richest law firm thing.
Congrats! both are great unis. I know what you mean about the whole "london thing".. I would much rather live on a campus uni out of London- but that's probably because I've lived here for so long. I guess the rep of the big 3 London Uni's evens it out though. Let me know when you hear from UCL/LSE.. and good luck!
ritual
Report 16 years ago
I Got Rejected By Oxford To Read Law And Also Warwick, Nottingham They're All Racist And Evil! Please Have Sympathy, Someone!!!
I Have An Offer From Manchester And Sheffield, Still Waiting For Lse....hope To Get In There
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.06%
No (604)
65.94%

Watched Threads