The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Help

I'm really worrying about applications and I need to do my PS urgently, but I may have work experience coming up in the Autumn, I don't know yet. If this was confirmed, but was done after the appliction date, would it be sensible to put on my PS that I was going on work experience or should I leave it out?

Also, I won't have finished my EPQ by the deadline, is it still sensible to mention it?
Write it up, if you do have work experience, add it in later. Are you applying for Oxbridge/Medicine? If not, relax, there's plenty of time. Of course, this entire nonchalant response hinges on the hope you aren't :p:
Reply 2
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Write it up, if you do have work experience, add it in later. Are you applying for Oxbridge/Medicine? If not, relax, there's plenty of time. Of course, this entire nonchalant response hinges on the hope you aren't :p:

Oxbridge, despite knowing I won't get in. Being pressured into applying.

And I'm ****TING MYSELF. I think I'm going to have a panic attack.
Original post by CJG21
Oxbridge, despite knowing I won't get in. Being pressured into applying.

And I'm ****TING MYSELF. I think I'm going to have a panic attack.

If you have the grades, or are using the access scheme, there is always hope :smile: Yeah, you should definitely get working on your PS then, and just add in the work exp when it's confirmed. You should know, even by the Oxbridge deadline.
Reply 4
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
If you have the grades, or are using the access scheme, there is always hope :smile: Yeah, you should definitely get working on your PS then, and just add in the work exp when it's confirmed. You should know, even by the Oxbridge deadline.

I don't have the grades though. I got AAAB.

And what's the access scheme?
You should definitely start writing rough drafts ASAP. I'm not applying for another year and I've started jotting down ideas for mine. You want to wow Oxbridge with your personal statement :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Coffeetime
You should definitely start writing rough drafts ASAP. I'm not applying for another year and I've started jotting down ideas for mine. You want to wow Oxbridge with your personal statement :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done a quick draft, but it's awful.
Original post by CJG21
I've done a quick draft, but it's awful.

So is mine. Haha. But that's how you'll improve!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Oh God, can I just say how much I relate to this?
I'm applying for Cambridge, have started working on my PS a few days ago and have been close to tears since then! It's so damn scary and every time I read my draft I like it less :frown:

Besides, I am also starting work experience in September. Just wrote some basics about it down and will review that shortly before the deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending